Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore. Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Slytherpuff

Platinum

Re: Last semester of 3Lol: I just can't anymore.

Post by Slytherpuff » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:22 pm

My last class isn't until May 2 and then I have three exams from May 8-11. I also have two papers to submit by May 16 (one is a 15-20 page memo and the other is 40ish pages or whatever 10,000 words ends up being).

So ready to be done!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:10 am

Slytherpuff wrote:My last class isn't until May 2 and then I have three exams from May 8-11. I also have two papers to submit by May 16 (one is a 15-20 page memo and the other is 40ish pages or whatever 10,000 words ends up being).

So ready to be done!
That's rough. You still at 0 pages on that long paper?

My last day of classes is 11 days away. Have two exams after that in early May. Crazy that we're so close.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

lawman84 wrote:
Slytherpuff wrote:My last class isn't until May 2 and then I have three exams from May 8-11. I also have two papers to submit by May 16 (one is a 15-20 page memo and the other is 40ish pages or whatever 10,000 words ends up being).

So ready to be done!
That's rough. You still at 0 pages on that long paper?

My last day of classes is 11 days away. Have two exams after that in early May. Crazy that we're so close.
Thankfully I've made some progress on the long paper! It's going to be a mess though. :lol:

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Young Marino wrote:I have 4 finals from April 18th- May 1st. Graduation is May 8th!
Noice

And dang, I'm barely even done with exams by the time you are graduating. That's also a fairly impressive grade turn around time for law profs, tbh.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:
Young Marino wrote:I have 4 finals from April 18th- May 1st. Graduation is May 8th!
Noice

And dang, I'm barely even done with exams by the time you are graduating. That's also a fairly impressive grade turn around time for law profs, tbh.
Yea I'm really eager to see if all grades will really be posted a week after my last one

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm

At UT the professor just tells the administration whether or not the 3L failed the class or not. If not, then the student graduates. Real grades are then entered later. I don't know if other schools do it this way, but I can't imagine that every professor has to produce grades within a week or whatever for classes with at least 1 graduating 3L.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm

cannibal ox wrote:At UT the professor just tells the administration whether or not the 3L failed the class or not. If not, then the student graduates. Real grades are then entered later. I don't know if other schools do it this way, but I can't imagine that every professor has to produce grades within a week or whatever for classes with at least 1 graduating 3L.
I feel like NYU is probably pretty similar to this. Finals end two days before commencement and there's just no way professors can turn grades around that quickly!

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Damn i can't even imagine what would happen if i failed a class since I have exactly 83 credits.

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:06 pm

Take a summer class while studying for the bar?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Our graduation date is May 12th but our Conferral Date is not until June. So I think you could theoretically walk across the stage (do they do that?) in your cap and gown and then found out in June that you didn't actually graduate.

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:36 pm

I've never heard of anyone not being able to graduate because of failing a 3L spring class (of courses I'm likely limited to stories from my own school). I have however heard that one time our administration fought back hard against a professor's attempt to fail a graduating 3L and won.

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:35 pm

I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Last spring at UT there were 6 F's given in upper level classes (2Ls and 3Ls). The year before that was 4, and three years ago it was 10. So it isn't unheard of to get an F at my school, and I can't imagine the administration fighting for me if I failed a class, but I guess I'm cynical.

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:21 pm

cannibal ox wrote:I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Last spring at UT there were 6 F's given in upper level classes (2Ls and 3Ls). The year before that was 4, and three years ago it was 10. So it isn't unheard of to get an F at my school, and I can't imagine the administration fighting for me if I failed a class, but I guess I'm cynical.
Damn I can't imagine anyone failing at NYU unless they plagiarized or didn't take an exam/didn't hand in a paper.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:29 pm

I checked and because I was a try-hard and took way more credits than necessary the last 3 semesters, I could fail 3/4 of my classes this semester and still graduate. I mean realistically that's not going to happen, but it was a nice rebellious thought to sail out of law school with 3 Fs in my last semester. :lol:

Toubro

Bronze

Post by Toubro » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 pm

nunumaster wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:I may or may not have checked multiple times to make sure the professors I have now haven't failed anyone in previous years..

Damn I can't imagine anyone failing at NYU unless they plagiarized or didn't take an exam/didn't hand in a paper.
Same at Cornell

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:44 pm

nunumaster wrote:

#hookem

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Hook 'em off the graduation stage and make 'em pay another 4 credits worth of tuition

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Anyone else just have 0 motivation to study for finals?

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 pm

I'm considering going to London between my first final and my second/last final (which is PR). They're a week apart. I can just study on the plane and stuff right?

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:43 pm

Young Marino wrote:Anyone else just have 0 motivation to study for finals?
Writing a term paper is hard. I should have done this earlier when I had more desire.

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:25 pm

star fox wrote:
Writing a term paper is hard. I should have done this earlier when I had more desire.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:01 pm

Today was the last day of class. Kind of an eerie feeling knowing that was my last class ever but I'm so glad it's over! Bittersweet because now I'm staring down the barrel that is bar prep

nunumaster

Silver

Post by nunumaster » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Congrats! 2 more weeks to go here.

lsatyolo

Gold

Post by lsatyolo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:40 am

It's a crippling lack of motivation. I can barely study for my only final.

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 am

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”