Case of Oliari (and others) vs. Italy (ECHR) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
GLuca98c

New

Case of Oliari (and others) vs. Italy (ECHR)

Post by GLuca98c » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:01 am

Good afternoon everyone,

before I ask my question: I'm an 18 year old student from Belgium and because I needed help with my case of the European Court of Human Rights, I searched for an English forum about law so...

Has anyone heard of this case? It's about three homosexual couples who persued Italy because they violated article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights because in Italy, it's prohibited for gays and lesbians to marry.

But I have to make a 'legal question' about all this, and it seems that I can't find the right one...
If someone is willing to help me, it would be very kind!

Kind regards,
GLuca98c

bretby

Bronze

Re: Case of Oliari (and others) vs. Italy (ECHR)

Post by bretby » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 pm

GLuca98c wrote:Good afternoon everyone,

before I ask my question: I'm an 18 year old student from Belgium and because I needed help with my case of the European Court of Human Rights, I searched for an English forum about law so...

Has anyone heard of this case? It's about three homosexual couples who persued Italy because they violated article 8 of the European Convention of Human Rights because in Italy, it's prohibited for gays and lesbians to marry.

But I have to make a 'legal question' about all this, and it seems that I can't find the right one...
If someone is willing to help me, it would be very kind!

Kind regards,
GLuca98c
Go to HUDOC and read the press release and the case.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”