Military Law - Navy Jag Student Program Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Fed_Atty

Bronze

Re: Military Law - Navy Jag Student Program

Post by Fed_Atty » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:09 am

JAG Hopeful wrote:Given that conference, if they don't start trickling in shortly or tomorrow, I'm betting it'll have to be next week then :/
On the glass is half full side, the JAG and DJAG will be together at the conference. This is usually not the case and sometimes the reason for the delay in getting things signed is trouble getting them in the same place at the same time. I wish I had some more concrete info for you though. Today is pretty unlikely because it is a travel day though.

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:38 am

NavyJAG1 wrote:
JAG Hopeful wrote:Given that conference, if they don't start trickling in shortly or tomorrow, I'm betting it'll have to be next week then :/
On the glass is half full side, the JAG and DJAG will be together at the conference. This is usually not the case and sometimes the reason for the delay in getting things signed is trouble getting them in the same place at the same time. I wish I had some more concrete info for you though. Today is pretty unlikely because it is a travel day though.
Thanks again for the updates, NavyJAG1. My thought is that they changed the website to say that notifications would be out in May because of the conference. It's a week later than they notified last year but will be around the same time as when they posted the Spring 2013 board.

NKY Law Student

New

Post by NKY Law Student » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:24 am

LCDR Padilla has informed me that per the last update he received, he believes that the results will be out Thursday. He again stressed, however, that this is not a guarantee.

JAG Hopeful

New

Post by JAG Hopeful » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:11 pm

That sounds like a good candidate then, with the travel day today, signing it tomorrow, and having it disseminated Thus, the last day of April.

Good for me too, because I have the day off before another final on Friday, so great for celebrating/moping :)

JAG Hopeful

New

Post by JAG Hopeful » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:29 pm

NavyJAG1, or anyone else, do you know if the Navy still has different quotas for 3L v. 2L, so you're only competing against your class? And if so, how much higher percentage-wise is the 3L group? Will they take 70% 3Ls and 30% 2Ls for instance?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

caseyjo1988

New

Post by caseyjo1988 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:38 pm

JAG Hopeful wrote:NavyJAG1, or anyone else, do you know if the Navy still has different quotas for 3L v. 2L, so you're only competing against your class? And if so, how much higher percentage-wise is the 3L group? Will they take 70% 3Ls and 30% 2Ls for instance?
Also, is the "4–5 attorneys for the DA program annually" a hard number? I've heard that they've taken more than that.

Fed_Atty

Bronze

Post by Fed_Atty » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm

It is 3 separate boards, 2Ls compared only against 2Ls, 3Ls v 3Ls etc. Number of slots varies each year and board. I don't know the numbers of selects for this year, the flags will let us know a few weeks after results are posted. There is an authorized number of selects, not a percentage. As number of apps decline, as they have been with economy improving, the percent goes up even if numbers remain the same (although we are growing right now, so it is win-win)

JAG Hopeful

New

Post by JAG Hopeful » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:09 pm

NavyJAG1 wrote:It is 3 separate boards, 2Ls compared only against 2Ls, 3Ls v 3Ls etc. Number of slots varies each year and board. I don't know the numbers of selects for this year, the flags will let us know a few weeks after results are posted. There is an authorized number of selects, not a percentage. As number of apps decline, as they have been with economy improving, the percent goes up even if numbers remain the same (although we are growing right now, so it is win-win)
Thanks! Can't decide if that's better as a 2L. Probably less people applying to compete against, but given the need you mentioned for LTs right now, probably more slots open for 3Ls...

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Good luck guys. I'll join you in neuroticism in the fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JAG Hopeful

New

Post by JAG Hopeful » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:44 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:Good luck guys. I'll join you in neuroticism in the fall.
You didn't apply this time around then?

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 am

JAG Hopeful wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:Good luck guys. I'll join you in neuroticism in the fall.
You didn't apply this time around then?
I think Main is a 1L?

Also for all of you taking exams, good luck. Hopefully the waiting game isn't causing you additional anxiety, haha.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Yeah, 1L here

NKY Law Student

New

Post by NKY Law Student » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:40 pm

JAG guys:

Based on earlier posts, am I to understand that if the results are not posted in the morning, then we probably won't get them that day?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Fed_Atty

Bronze

Post by Fed_Atty » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:19 pm

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule as to when they will be posted. My understanding is that the results are posted from Millington, TN - but the JAG and DJA are in California's time zone right now. I do tend to think that they would generally be posted during working hours though.

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm

NavyJAG1 wrote:I don't think there is any hard and fast rule as to when they will be posted. My understanding is that the results are posted from Millington, TN - but the JAG and DJA are in California's time zone right now. I do tend to think that they would generally be posted during working hours though.
To jump off of that, one of my friends that got selected in the Fall said it was changed in the AM and he got an email in the afternoon. However, I remember back in the Fall 2012 Board that the status changed around 12 noon for me, but that was the year that there was some glitch with the computers and the statuses changed intermittently over the course of two days.

pongo90

New

Post by pongo90 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Hey guys, new here.

I was wondering if anyone knew how soon you'd have to get in contact with a recruiter/go to MEPS/etc. (just in case I get PR'd haha). I doubt it'll happen, but I was just curious. I'm going on an overseas trip when this semester is over, so I was wondering if anyone knew the timeline on this stuff.

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 pm

pongo90 wrote:Hey guys, new here.

I was wondering if anyone knew how soon you'd have to get in contact with a recruiter/go to MEPS/etc. (just in case I get PR'd haha). I doubt it'll happen, but I was just curious. I'm going on an overseas trip when this semester is over, so I was wondering if anyone knew the timeline on this stuff.

I asked this specific question on this forum, it was answered in detail a few pages ago from someone who got selected in the fall.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NKY Law Student

New

Post by NKY Law Student » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:24 am

Oh come on...

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:13 am

NKY Law Student wrote:Oh come on...

Today is the alleged day ... come on Navy you're killing us!!!

JEB

Bronze

Post by JEB » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:05 am

S. Goodman wrote:

Is it bad that I really wanted to post "PR'd" just to mess with any of the people not paying attention to who posted?

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:07 am

JEB wrote:
S. Goodman wrote:

Is it bad that I really wanted to post "PR'd" just to mess with any of the people not paying attention to who posted?

Lol funny, but I would have immediately called you out because I remember ha ha

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

monkeysez

New

Post by monkeysez » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:19 am

another day and still nothing :|

S. Goodman

Bronze

Post by S. Goodman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:23 am

monkeysez wrote:another day and still nothing :|

The day isn't over yet! There is still hope.

caseyjo1988

New

Post by caseyjo1988 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:28 am

S. Goodman wrote:
monkeysez wrote:another day and still nothing :|

The day isn't over yet! There is still hope.
Refresh . . . Refresh . . .

I can tell this will be a very productive day at the office :?

ShockTop

New

Post by ShockTop » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:40 am

I bet it will be tomorrow or some time next week. I hope tomorrow because I'd really like to sleep this weekend. :|

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”