Shilling for my friend's company: sign up, you f**ks Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bjsesq

Diamond

Shilling for my friend's company: sign up, you f**ks

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Here's the deal: my friend is working for a company that is developing tools for law students. Among them is a case briefing tool, some stuff for OCI, etc. My friend needs to show the developers that there is interest in this stuff. If there is, the release of the tools will be accelerated: read as, before the summer is even over. All you have to do is sign up, and you will be notified when the case briefing tool has been released. It is free, so don't be a fuck and sign up. Good for you, good for my friend, good for everybody.

http://join.learnleo.com/prelaw/

justonemoregame

Silver

Re: Shilling for my friend's company: sign up, you fucks

Post by justonemoregame » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Fuck 1, checking in. Classical music, color coding, seems legit

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Fuck 1, checking in. Classical music, color coding, seems legit
Welcome, Fuck 1. Please line up outside the restroom for your complementary handy. (Srsly though, thanks.)

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:31 pm

No.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Ok fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:Ok fine.
(sees handy being offered)
(changes mind)

KD35

Silver

Post by KD35 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:45 pm

bjsesq wrote:Here's the deal: my friend is working for a company that is developing tools for law students. Among them is a case briefing tool, some stuff for OCI, etc. My friend needs to show the developers that there is interest in this stuff. If there is, the release of the tools will be accelerated: read as, before the summer is even over. All you have to do is sign up, and you will be notified when the case briefing tool has been released. It is free, so don't be a fuck and sign up. Good for you, good for my friend, good for everybody.

I'll sign up when I'm near a comp (on phone now). But was curious: have you had a chance to see the quality of material they are looking to release? Like the quality of the case briefing tool.

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 pm

bjsesq wrote:Here's the deal: my friend is working for a company that is developing tools for law students. Among them is a case briefing tool, some stuff for OCI, etc. My friend needs to show the developers that there is interest in this stuff. If there is, the release of the tools will be accelerated: read as, before the summer is even over. All you have to do is sign up, and you will be notified when the case briefing tool has been released. It is free, so don't be a fuck and sign up. Good for you, good for my friend, good for everybody.

Happy to help bro.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:06 pm

KD35 wrote:

I'll sign up when I'm near a comp (on phone now). But was curious: have you had a chance to see the quality of material they are looking to release? Like the quality of the case briefing tool.
I haven't. The way I figure it, if you don't like it you've only lost a little time. The site has been well developed, so hopefully that speaks to the quality of the tool itself. I will try to get her on here to speak about the tool.
Ruxin1 wrote:Happy to help bro.
Love your face.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Hey y'all. I'm the previously mentioned friend being shilled for.

Happy to answer questions about the site if you've got 'em. Our case briefing tools are currently available to Northwestern, Michigan, and NYU students, and from what I'm aware, people like them. The current sign-up serves two purposes. First, if we hit a certain number of sign-ups, development is accelerated on a 0L portal that both helps introduce incoming law students to the concept of case briefing, and demos our briefing and career tools for students at schools we don't operate at. Also, we'll be analyzing the sign-ups to see if clusters from specific schools show up -- i.e., if we get a good sized group of people from XYZ school, we'll accelerate our timetable for opening at that school.

We have a few schools on our list that we know we'll be opening at this fall, but the rest of it is in flux, and we thought this would be a good way to help us figure out where to open up next.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:15 pm

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?!?!?!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 pm

So if I'm going to be in my second year of law school, should i sign up

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:So if I'm going to be in my second year of law school, should i sign up
Should? Meh. Would you because you are trying to do someone a solid? Jury's out.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Do I need to type as fast as the person in the tutorial to do well in law school?

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:33 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Do I need to type as fast as the person in the tutorial to do well in law school?
Faster

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:So if I'm going to be in my second year of law school, should i sign up
I'm about six of one, half a dozen of the other on this. On the one hand, it would help me out. On the other, it's certainly the case that the most immediate bang-for-your-buck will be for 0Ls. That being said, if you're not at NU/UofM/NYU and want to see what we're all about, as well as make it more likely that we open at your school soon, signing up will help.

CaptainLeela

Platinum

Welcome to TLS

Post by CaptainLeela » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Welcome to TLS

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:28 pm

CaptainLeela wrote:I am a 0L, is this for me? Seems like yes, just double-checking. Starting in the fall

eta: did not read down, I am a fuck...signing up.
It's cool. I'm just going to assume you are like me and are a few beers in right now... :)

CaptainLeela

Platinum

Welcome to TLS

Post by CaptainLeela » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Welcome to TLS

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 pm

I've been using LearnLeo since first semester of 1L and it's SUPER FUCKING helpful. It's an easy way to make fake-case briefs by just highlighting and typing notes and then copy-pasting the notes onto a word doc or onenote. It's also really nice to be able to access readings even if I forgot my book at home or don't want to bring it to class that day.

Plus, being able to ctrl-f in a reading? Awwww yea.

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 am

Neat tool. Wish I cared about doctrinal classes anymore. I kind of gave up on those classes a year ago though.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:I've been using LearnLeo since first semester of 1L and it's SUPER FUCKING helpful. It's an easy way to make fake-case briefs by just highlighting and typing notes and then copy-pasting the notes onto a word doc or onenote. It's also really nice to be able to access readings even if I forgot my book at home or don't want to bring it to class that day.

They put up entire casebook readings? Like, matching the edits of the cases? Is that legit under some awesome interpretation of fair-use?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:27 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:I've been using LearnLeo since first semester of 1L and it's SUPER FUCKING helpful. It's an easy way to make fake-case briefs by just highlighting and typing notes and then copy-pasting the notes onto a word doc or onenote. It's also really nice to be able to access readings even if I forgot my book at home or don't want to bring it to class that day.

They put up entire casebook readings? Like, matching the edits of the cases? Is that legit under some awesome interpretation of fair-use?
Yeah, they do. They just don't put up the notes and shit from the book, so you have to have the book to read those. But most of the cases are edited to reflect the book.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:29 am

I want the beta at my school. WHY CAN'T I HAVE THE BETA AT MY SCHOOL.

hmlee

Bronze

Post by hmlee » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 am

laxbrah420 wrote:

The case opinions themselves are public domain. The only copyrighted things in a casebook are the notes and questions, as well as the exact abridgements of the cases. But, if you've ever looked at the same case across multiple case books (and I've done this a lot lately) you'll see that the abridgements are really, really similar. Our site works on the same principle. Our case abridgements are very similar to a given book for a given class, but not identical. We tend to be over-inclusive - where a casebook cuts sentences in the middle of paragraphs, we include them. Or we include paragraphs here or there.

The point is to match the online version closely to the version available in the casebook for your course, without running into copyright problems. We also try to make sure that all of our abridgements emphasize the same points that casebooks do - which is what the case is being taught for. We do allow users to view the completely unabridged version of a case, should they choose.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”