LOL MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Diamond

Re: LOL MPRE

Post by ilovesf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:50 pm

SEngland wrote:Needed an 80, got a 78.

Fuck it
Sorry bro. Hopefully you will kill it next time, you're almost there.

lisavj

Bronze

Post by lisavj » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:55 pm

SEngland wrote:Anyone know if you can practice without passing the MPRE? I have another shot in April and I know I can take it up to 2 years after passing the bar but I am curious if I can still practice or not without passing.
You can't apply for admission (at least in CA) without passing, so my guess is you could only do supervised work (like 2L summer)...

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:56 pm

lisavj wrote:
SEngland wrote:Anyone know if you can practice without passing the MPRE? I have another shot in April and I know I can take it up to 2 years after passing the bar but I am curious if I can still practice or not without passing.
You can't apply for admission (at least in CA) without passing, so my guess is you could only do supervised work (like 2L summer)...
My state, you can apply for amission and sit without any problems. You just have to have a passing score by 25 months after you are admitted.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:00 pm

SEngland wrote:
lisavj wrote:
My state, you can apply for amission and sit without any problems. You just have to have a passing score by 25 months after you are admitted.
1. Then why did you ask?
2. If you actually were asking for information, naming the state would be helpful since, you know, there are dozens of different jurisdictions that use the MPRE.

lisavj

Bronze

Post by lisavj » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

SEngland wrote:
lisavj wrote:
Fascinating. I'm out then, hope you can!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dadamafia

New

Post by dadamafia » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Most states require you to pass the MPRE as a condition for admission to practice.

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:11 pm

Got an 81, which is enough for my jurisdiction.

But it doesn't pass me for all of them.

Is this gonna be a problem a long way down the road? I plan on practicing in my jurisdiction, but in the event that I want to practice elsewhere, am I gonna have to take the MPRE again? Or can I be waived in somehow?

NC1

New

Post by NC1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:12 pm

Got an 83 and needed an 85...that whole night before thing may not have been the best idea. I walked in there on 4 hours of sleep, but still. I really don't feel like taking this stupid thing again. I might just pay to have my exam re-checked by hand.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:Got an 81, which is enough for my jurisdiction.

But it doesn't pass me for all of them.

Is this gonna be a problem a long way down the road? I plan on practicing in my jurisdiction, but in the event that I want to practice elsewhere, am I gonna have to take the MPRE again? Or can I be waived in somehow?
Grats on the P brother

Also it probably depends on what states you want to waive into so I'd check those individually

I don't think there's one answer

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Passed all states, whew

Now back to stressing about the other shit going on in my life :lol:

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:24 pm

rad lulz wrote:Also it probably depends on what states you want to waive into so I'd check those individually
Got ya, hopefully not too many states have 85/86 as their threshold.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 pm

Gamecubesupreme wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Also it probably depends on what states you want to waive into so I'd check those individually
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multistate ... sing_score

NC1

New

Post by NC1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Gamecubesupreme wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multistate ... sing_score
I'm so mad at myself. I should have just studied a week earlier for this thing vs. those like 6 hours. I guess that I guessed wrong on a lot of those 50-50 questions. FML, fuck it, asking for handwritten check and hoping someone likes me...otherwise I'll just blow this thing out in March.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Got a 110. Curious what the scaling was since there seems to be a ton of dudes in the 80s this time around.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:45 pm

124. Total overkill, I know, but my firm has supposedly revoked offers from people for failing, so I was hella nervous.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Passed with 96 and this was my second time. First time I failed with a 76. Studied about 2 more hours than the first time. If that score chart is accurate, then I only got 2-3 more answers correct than the first time?

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm

adonai wrote:Passed with 96 and this was my second time. First time I failed with a 76. Studied about 2 more hours than the first time. If that score chart is accurate, then I only got 2-3 more answers correct than the first time?
Yeah, the curve is pretty tight.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:06 pm

I would be really curious to see what scaling was like. I honestly thought the test was pretty tricky, even though I studied a lot. It just seemed much more difficult than the practice tests. Like HeavenWood, I overkilled my studying and ended up with a 128, but overprep made me feel less anxious on test day.

Congrats to everyone who passed. Good luck to everyone retaking!

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:44 pm

alicrimson wrote:I would be really curious to see what scaling was like. I honestly thought the test was pretty tricky, even though I studied a lot. It just seemed much more difficult than the practice tests. Like HeavenWood, I overkilled my studying and ended up with a 128, but overprep made me feel less anxious on test day.

You and Bils can go jerk each other off somewhere else

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:25 pm

LeDique wrote:
alicrimson wrote:I would be really curious to see what scaling was like. I honestly thought the test was pretty tricky, even though I studied a lot. It just seemed much more difficult than the practice tests. Like HeavenWood, I overkilled my studying and ended up with a 128, but overprep made me feel less anxious on test day.

Hey now.

courtneylove

Bronze

Post by courtneylove » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:50 pm

after failing twice with light studying, i studied my ass off for a month leading up to this exam and scored a 115. i don't know how you guys can bs this thing and do so well... maybe i am just that unethical!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigRob

Bronze

Post by BigRob » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:54 pm

courtneylove wrote:after failing twice with light studying, i studied my ass off for a month leading up to this exam and scored a 115. i don't know how you guys can bs this thing and do so well... maybe i am just that unethical!
TTT+ problems.

krishna_das

New

Post by krishna_das » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 pm

courtneylove wrote:after failing twice with light studying, i studied my ass off for a month leading up to this exam and scored a 115. i don't know how you guys can bs this thing and do so well... maybe i am just that unethical!
Or maybe some people are just lying, and have actually done more preparing for the MPRE than they're willing to admit. Nevertheless, congrats to you.

courtneylove

Bronze

Post by courtneylove » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:27 pm

BigRob wrote: TTT+ problems.
uchicago actually :D

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:29 pm

LeDique wrote:

Confused about how that's bragging or jerking off...I posted my score. Isn't that the same thing you and the majority of posters already did?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”