1L Exam Questions and Links Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bigben

Silver

Re: 1L Exam Questions and Links

Post by bigben » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:12 pm

1981be wrote:Taking a day off is a nice luxury if you can afford it, but that requires preparing very far ahead of time. In my experience I didn't know anyone who could pull it off. I would also concur that avoiding law talk after exams and before exams is a good thing.

If it's a morning exam, don't try to learn anything that morning. I had a routine where I was home by 6 or 7pm at the latest the night before the exam, watched some tv and fell asleep by 11pm or so.
Hm, well I guess you would have to make a judgment weighing the value of taking a day off vs. doing one more practice test, or whatever it is that you would be doing on that day (perhaps preparing for another exam?) I would only be inclined to take a day off (or half day or whatever) if it represented a net gain, not for luxury's sake.

1981be

New

Post by 1981be » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:59 am

It depends on your personality. I don't really get stressed about things, so I didn't need to de-stress the day before an exam. Plus I always get enough sleep during exam time (8-9 hours). For me, I liked to put in 8-10 hour days so the material was fresh in my mind. Since I kept a steady pace and didn't burn myself out, I never needed breaks.

I don't know about other posters, but for me each class requires a slightly different way of thinking. Getting myself into this mode of reasoning required that I be reviewing it the day before the exam. I wanted to go into the exam with nothing on my mind but the material, so for me reviewing the day before was key.

For several exams I was so focused on the exam and in tune with that style of reasoning that I ended up having dreams about the subject matter and working through hypo's in my dreams.....I know scary stuff.

BradyToMoss

Bronze

Post by BradyToMoss » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 am

1981be wrote:It depends on your personality. I don't really get stressed about things, so I didn't need to de-stress the day before an exam. Plus I always get enough sleep during exam time (8-9 hours). For me, I liked to put in 8-10 hour days so the material was fresh in my mind. Since I kept a steady pace and didn't burn myself out, I never needed breaks.

I don't know about other posters, but for me each class requires a slightly different way of thinking. Getting myself into this mode of reasoning required that I be reviewing it the day before the exam. I wanted to go into the exam with nothing on my mind but the material, so for me reviewing the day before was key.

For several exams I was so focused on the exam and in tune with that style of reasoning that I ended up having dreams about the subject matter and working through hypo's in my dreams.....I know scary stuff.
I only dream about civpro and torts at this point. Pretty terrible. I blame it on the adderal.

nymentality

New

Post by nymentality » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:49 am

Hahahaha. Once again in a new phase of life, Top Law Schools comes through in the clutch!

rekopter

New

Post by rekopter » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 pm

nymentality wrote:Hahahaha. Once again in a new phase of life, Top Law Schools comes through in the clutch!
lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jay Wa

New

Post by Jay Wa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks TLS!

mikeymike

New

Post by mikeymike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Grad_Student wrote:This is a thread that will compile practice questions and study aids that can be found online. If you have anything to add, please PM me and I'll add it.

Cali lessons: Get password from your librarian.

--LinkRemoved--

Intentional Torts Hypos:

--LinkRemoved--

Practice Tests and Examsmanship (Examspersonship?):

http://www.docstoc.com/documents/educat ... aw-school/
http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/exams.htm
http://www.lawnerds.com/guide/exam.html
http://www.ggu.edu/lawlibrary/studentst ... ams/course
--LinkRemoved--
http://www.nesl.edu/academics/examsdb.cfm
http://www.4lawschool.com/lawschoolexams.htm

Canned Briefs:

http://www.4lawschool.com/casebrief.htm

Outlines / Study Guides:

http://stclguns.homestead.com/ExamTakingTips.html
http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/law_student4.htm
http://www.danbranum.com
I am starting to think that none of the links on the jurist.law.pitt website is working. I just clicked on the first three and they're all broken.

BradyToMoss

Bronze

Post by BradyToMoss » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:31 pm

Mikeymike you need to get a life.

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Does anyone have experience with the Friedmans Practice series? They're supposed to be a essays and exams with the A+ answer provided by the professor giving the exam. Seems like they would be useful come exam time. You can check out two chapters for free with this link --LinkRemoved-- . But as an 0L I have no idea whether they are good or really what I'm supposed to be looking for in the answers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Has Boalt password-protected all of its practice exams? I really hope not--they were an invaluable resource last semester.

upgrade

Bronze

Post by upgrade » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 am

Merrill wrote:Has Boalt password-protected all of its practice exams? I really hope not--they were an invaluable resource last semester.
They just changed the site a bit, I don't remember exactly where they are located, but they are still on their site somewhere.

Merrill

Bronze

Post by Merrill » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:05 pm

upgrade wrote:
Merrill wrote:Has Boalt password-protected all of its practice exams? I really hope not--they were an invaluable resource last semester.
They just changed the site a bit, I don't remember exactly where they are located, but they are still on their site somewhere.
Can anyone direct me? The only link I can find is "Exams" under "Resources for Students," and it requires a password.

fightin illini 25

New

Post by fightin illini 25 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Good stuff, thanks to all of the posters for this info.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yesofcourse

New

Post by yesofcourse » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 pm

fightin illini 25 wrote:Good stuff, thanks to all of the posters for this info.
yes

cornellbeez

Bronze

Post by cornellbeez » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Also, for a few of the T14s, you can get your professors' old exams off the library website...fyi.

quidproquo

New

Post by quidproquo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 pm

this thread is godsend

KentuckyFried

New

Post by KentuckyFried » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:41 pm

thanks friends

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawlover829

Bronze

Post by lawlover829 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks.

booker09

New

Post by booker09 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:05 pm

muchas graciasss

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:19 pm

I know it was briefly mentioned before but I was wondering if people could post links or info on Multiple Choice testing resources. I have the E&E books, other supplements, and my school has an exam bank of past hypo's but all these resources usually have very few, if any, Final Exam-level quality multiple choice questions, and at least at my school it makes up 1/3 of your grade on the test.

BradyToMoss

Bronze

Post by BradyToMoss » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:54 pm

arhmcpo wrote:I know it was briefly mentioned before but I was wondering if people could post links or info on Multiple Choice testing resources. I have the E&E books, other supplements, and my school has an exam bank of past hypo's but all these resources usually have very few, if any, Final Exam-level quality multiple choice questions, and at least at my school it makes up 1/3 of your grade on the test.
For CivPro, the Glannon Guide has lots of multiple choice questions and is an excellent resource. There's also a Glannon Guide or Crim Law, but by a different author and the questions are not as good. I flipped through a torts supp quick that also had MC questions that were pretty good, I'll try and remember the name.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:19 pm

For those of us studying for midterms and I suppose gunning for finals, should we maybe start a new list of which school still make their exams available online? A lot of the links in that first post no longer work and/or have become password protected.

Still working:
American University
Golden Gate University

Euronupe

New

Post by Euronupe » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:25 pm

tag

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm