Is this strange? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTH

Diamond

Re: Is this strange?

Post by TTH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 am

mac.empress wrote:
Grad_Student wrote:Who the fuck even visits autoadmit except trolls?
I like AA. For a bunch of T15 law nerds, they are all so gorgeous that they give Brad Pitt competition and they are all partners in firms. Awesome!

:roll:
AA has an important role to play in our world. Sometimes, you just need to hear a bunch of grown men being really, really horrible to one another.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 am

acdisagod wrote:I' a 0L reading a tort E&E just out of curiosity. I completed the first chapter on battery and found it incredibly interesting. I'm guessing most material in law school is far denser than the stuff found in the E&E's. I must say though that I was pleasantly surprised how light a read the first chapter was. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Glannon is a magic man. He can make the most dry material seem interesting. As long as you're reading it to satisfy your intellectual curosity, then go for it. But if you're highlighting and taking notes, then fuck you.

sayan

Bronze

Post by sayan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:22 pm

apper123 wrote:With a few exceptions, mastering black letter law really is not difficult at all. Issue spotting and applying are a different story.
IMO, issue spotting and applying the law are easy if you can truly "master" the law. Not just memorize everything and slowly regurgitate it after a few seconds of thought... but a fluency in the law that comes from internalizing everything.

I would think it's similar to reading a book about a language, learning the grammar and amassing a huge vocabulary, but being unable to keep pace with a fluent speaker simply because you're incapable of processing the vast amount of knowledge you have. Once you really internalize legal concepts and BLL, applying the law should become a simple(r) matter. Issue spotting is a derivative of this since once you have a firm grasp of the ins-and-outs of the law you can see where things are in dispute and can argue both sides by taking from case law, policy, statutes, codes etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”