below median, rejected by hot girl, taking q's Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Ragged

Silver

Re: below median, rejected by hot girl, taking q's

Post by Ragged » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Softboiled has some interesting throughts on this. But I disagree with one thing. I think girls can improve their rating alot by hitting the gym to lose weight/get more toned. A great body goes a long way, esp with a decent face.

beesknees

Bronze

Post by beesknees » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:18 pm

mrmediocre wrote:t14, 8.5
I am skeptical that you are an 8.5 at a T14. First off, 10's rarely occur in nature and even 8's are very hard to come by, even in undergrad. You can't just be throwing around 8's; it should mean something. Secondly, I went to Miami for undergrad and considering the overall pool of undergrad attractiveness to law school attractiveness there, I'd say the average was 7 for undergrad (suntan U baby! 8) ) to about a 5-6 for the law school. I can't imagine what kind of ugly is going on in the top schools.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:28 pm

beesknees wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:t14, 8.5
I am skeptical that you are an 8.5 at a T14. First off, 10's rarely occur in nature and even 8's are very hard to come by, even in undergrad. You can't just be throwing around 8's; it should mean something. Secondly, I went to Miami for undergrad and considering the overall pool of undergrad attractiveness to law school attractiveness there, I'd say the average was 7 for undergrad (suntan U baby! 8) ) to about a 5-6 for the law school. I can't imagine what kind of ugly is going on in the top schools.
This brings up another very valid point of which many people are unaware: Like law school itself, law school 10-scales are graded on a curve. Thus a T14 8.5 might actually be a real-life 4. Note: This only applies at law school, during the academic year. During vacations and after graduation, the normal 10-scale resumes and all of the law students you found yourself strangely attracted to the week before finals go back to being ugly.

mrmediocre

New

Post by mrmediocre » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:32 pm

no, she's a legit 8.5

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:15 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
TheLuckyOne wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: The problem is that attractive boys know they are attractive, and that is unattractive.

This reminds me of when the "10" overly confident guy asked me out and I refused without providing any good reason besides the fact that I was not in a mood. It took him ~20 minutes to clarify if I remembered who I was speaking with and how exactly he looked like. I mean he asked these questions at least 10 times. :lol: That was hilarious.
I think what we're supposed to get from this post is that

A.) Enough incredibly attractive males pay you romantic attention that rejecting one requires no hesitation whatsoever.
B.) You are, accordingly, very attractive yourself.

Neither A nor B can be given any credence whatsoever until you provide pics

(Source: Restatement 2d of Internet:

§42 All internet forum posters are presumed male until proven otherwise

§42(a) If content of posting indicates that poster is female, it is valid to presume that this is factual, although such evidence is by no means to be treated as conclusive.

§42(a)(1) All internet females should be presumed supremely unattractive until pics are provided.

§42(a)(1)(A) All pics should be presumed to have been taken at a tricky "Myspace-style" angle to disguise obesity until scaled, full-body pics are provided.)
Although I lol'd, I don't know that I can agree about your general assumptions about the attractiveness of posters or of female law students. There are many unseen factors that might play into someone's choice to spend time online, especially if she has a blackberry and can effectively TLS from a million remote locations, including but not limited to art museums and the restrooms at dive bars.

As to the generally expressed thoughts about law school girls, the one truth is that we spend less time getting ready than we did before coming to law school. In UG, and while I was working, you would never see me without carefully applied makeup and an outfit chosen for style before comfort. Now that I am in law school, it's usually leggings, boots, and whatever dress or top I can grab in a hurry. I also find that law student boys are surprisingly attractive. Rayiner doesn't like my boy evaluation methods :lol: but I have met a surprising number of 8s and 9s on my (admittedly more intelligence than looks focused) attractiveness scale.

Different strokes FTW.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:19 pm

The guys in my law class grew on me. There are maybe 5 credited cuties. For the rest, I said on day 1 that I wouldn't touch one. Spend everyday and every class with the same people and they start looking real cute. There are some really pretty girls in this batch though. Must be a Commonwealth thing! :lol:

legalized

Bronze

Post by legalized » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:28 pm

nyyankees wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:
Modian wrote:did you explain your upward trend?
she is the boalt hall of women

read into that analogy
Ken has been there?
I don't care this made me LAUGH.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:53 pm

mac.empress wrote:The guys in my law class grew on me. There are maybe 5 credited cuties. For the rest, I said on day 1 that I wouldn't touch one. Spend everyday and every class with the same people and they start looking real cute. There are some really pretty girls in this batch though. Must be a Commonwealth thing! :lol:
I agree, dating your own classmates = danger zone. That's what the other schools in your city are for! :lol:

ruleser

Silver

Post by ruleser » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

mrmediocre wrote:
LawandOrder wrote:Do you have a micropenis? Are you socially awkward? Did you attend UChicago undergrad? How long have you been single? How long was your last relationship (if any)? Are you a homosexual, actually? Was she a homosexual? How did you meet rejecter?
5 points would be awarded to you in my gunner league:

1) no, 2) no, 3) no, 4) 2 years, 5) 5 years, 6) no, 7) bisexual, eight) school
#7 is your answer. Bi-sexual means least likely to want relationship with a male. She either wants to stay single to do whatever she wants, or prefers a female for a relat with a man as occasional... um... toy maybe. Also poss of being straight out gay but not there with knowing that yet...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm

OP, DESCRIBE your game.

wocehtoom

New

Post by wocehtoom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm

bump

heyyitskatie

New

Post by heyyitskatie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Ragged wrote:Softboiled has some interesting throughts on this. But I disagree with one thing. I think girls can improve their rating alot by hitting the gym to lose weight/get more toned. A great body goes a long way, esp with a decent face.

absolutely +1. Although I never really considered SBL's perspective before and think it's interesting, I still think it's easier for girls to manipulate their appearance than guys. Facially, guys are pretty much stuck with what they have, but girls can change quite a lot about themselves. Granted, a 4.5 is never turning into a 9.5, but with the right haircut/dye, make-up, etc., a mediocre face can at least be successfully disguised. Also, given that women's clothing is far more varied than men's, it's easier for women to hide physical flaws...and most every woman looks at least decent in a pair of heels and a dress.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”