Doing LEEWS after first semester? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Masternater9

New

Doing LEEWS after first semester?

Post by Masternater9 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 am

Anyone else decide to take leews after receiving their first sememster grades? I studied very hard this semester and felt like I knew the material well, but it didn't translate into the As that I wanted. Couple B+s and solid Bs. I think if I can improve my law exam skills I should be good to go. Any 2 or 3L's have any experience with doing LEEWS after their first semester and seeing good results? Thanks

chadwick218

Silver

Re: Doing LEEWS after first semester?

Post by chadwick218 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 am

I was happy with grades, but looking back, feel that weaknesses in my answers seemingly have to do more with structuring than the overall analysis / issue spotting.

Masternater9

New

Post by Masternater9 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:06 am

chadwick218 wrote:I was happy with grades, but looking back, feel that weaknesses in my answers seemingly have to do more with structuring than the overall analysis / issue spotting.

I agree. While I was writing the exam I wasn't happy with the way I was structuring it. I should have done some practice exams before hand to have fine tuned this. Thats one of the reasons I'm thinking about doing LEEWS. Anything I can really to help me get over that hump from B to A.

Masternater9

New

Post by Masternater9 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 am

Anyone had good results doing this after semester one?

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:28 pm

I'll tell you after the semester is over? No, seriously. I realized that it wasn't my understanding of the BLL that hurt me on exams, it was something to do with the overall analysis. More, I figure that anything that can provide another angle can't hurt.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm

Whether or not it will be brilliantly helpful is something I plan to find out in the next week. Doing LEEWS for second semester should help with something, damn it!

jamaicanjynx

New

Post by jamaicanjynx » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm just listening to it for the first time

Spoonmanners

Bronze

Post by Spoonmanners » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 am

jamaicanjynx wrote:I'm just listening to it for the first time
God help you. I'd much rather smash my penis in to a car door than listen to that guy do the blender noise again.

There are plenty of LEEWS threads. I didn't find it very good, and also not applicable to even half my tests. I had a few tests that weren't really issue spotters, or that had word limits, etc., and teachers or tests that specifically said to do things that LEEWS specifically said to do.

Basically, I wouldn't recommend it.

I still only have one grade, which wasn't bad, but wasn't good. I don't think my writing or structuring was much of an issue, but the general way of how I studied applied more to class as opposed to the actual test. Now I plan on studying for the tests, and doing the outlines starting... now.

I did LEEWS after I took torts in the summer. I honestly thought it was a waste of a shitload of time. The amount of information that I thought was good totaled to two pages of spaced out notes. I used maybe 1/4th of that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”