Not going back... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mbw

Bronze

Re: Not going back...

Post by mbw » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 pm

betasteve wrote:
mbw wrote: You know, I only said something because you've done it before. And, yeah, I knew you would probably pull the high-school-popular-kid schtick when I pointed it out, but what you did was pretty much an abuse of your position. It wouldn't have been cool if you were just a regular poster. But you're not.

And, yeah, I expect to be trashed. Whatev.
Sorry, but when someone tries to troll me via PM, I'm gonna out the attempt.
Hey, I don't blame you for being pissed. The guy's clearly a dick. But, there are other ways of dealing with him/her. And, srsly, if you didn't know publishing the contents of email where there is an expectation of privacy can get you into legal trouble, then I'm trying to help you out here. Believe me, I have an email from Jane Hamsher I've wanted to publish for years, but c'est la vie.

nontradintexas

Bronze

Post by nontradintexas » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Agreed. Name drop fail.

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 pm

betasteve wrote:Most people are going to be lol'ing at you going though 14000+ posts to come up with this. Maybe they are lol'ing harder that it still was neither very funny nor very stinging. I'm loling that you are discussing an internet forum at dinner. I'm enjoying that I've gotten to you enough for that to happen. Have a good meal.
You do know you've signed up for a research-based career, right? It's called forum search. Username, first post only, start at the earliest. That was until you deleted it like a weasel.

I hate to break it to you, but you can't call up Lexis Nexus to have a case deleted when someone pulls out something that you weren't expecting.

You elbowed your way into a discussion that I had completed with another forummer with the sole intent of starting a baseless argument, ie, MBA's are crap because you worked in a crap job with crap MBA's (epic waste of money, don't get anything out of it, the only thing you'll have is a degree that says I learned something that can be picked up in 20 minutes). I apologize to proper forummers who had to read this and the fact that it pretty well wrecked a legitimate thread, but when the board has a moderator that are actively involved in such embarrassing behavior you have to expect that it will happen.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
ShiftyPig wrote:
betasteve wrote:Most people are going to be lol'ing at you going though 14000+ posts to come up with this. Maybe they are lol'ing harder that it still was neither very funny nor very stinging. I'm loling that you are discussing an internet forum at dinner. I'm enjoying that I've gotten to you enough for that to happen. Have a good meal.
You do know you've signed up for a research-based career, right? It's called forum search. Username, first post only, start at the earliest. That was until you deleted it like a weasel.

I hate to break it to you, but you can't call up Lexis Nexus to have a case deleted when someone pulls out something that you weren't expecting.

You elbowed your way into a discussion that I had completed with another forummer with the sole intent of starting a baseless argument, ie, MBA's are crap because you worked in a crap job with crap MBA's (epic waste of money, don't get anything out of it, the only thing you'll have is a degree that says I learned something that can be picked up in 20 minutes). I apologize to proper forummers who had to read this and the fact that it pretty well wrecked a legitimate thread, but when the board has a moderator that are actively involved in such embarrassing behavior you have to expect that it will happen.
LexisNexis
Damn you Google phone.

I'd edit the other grammatical mistake but I own my work, unlike others with the ability to revise forum history.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

nontradintexas wrote:Agreed. Name drop fail.
Heh, that's actually awesome. That mere fact that people don't know of her existence will drive her crazy (when she daily googles herself and this shows up on her radar...) :)

Anyway, you found me out. No life name-dropper. sigh.

I'm off to iron my socks and haunt other threads...

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:45 pm

n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:14 pm

thesealocust wrote:LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

ITT: Betasteve lets others pwn the shit out of themselves while the rest of TLS watches. Where's my popcorn?
Last time I checked, a pwnage didn't include moving the goalposts every other post, no? The fact that someone would need to hire MBA's to manage $4 million in accounts seems a bit suspect - we did more than that in my department in a Best Buy that I worked at in high school.

Edit to add: maybe that's what he meant, managed a Walmart electronics department. Works out to about $11,000 a day - seems about right.

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:26 pm

betasteve wrote:
ShiftyPig wrote:
thesealocust wrote:LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

ITT: Betasteve lets others pwn the shit out of themselves while the rest of TLS watches. Where's my popcorn?
Last time I checked, a pwnage didn't include moving the goalposts every other post, no? The fact that someone would need to hire MBA's to manage $4 million in accounts seems a bit suspect - we did more than that in my department in a Best Buy that I worked at in high school.

Edit to add: maybe that's what he meant, managed a Walmart electronics department. Works out to about $11,000 a day - seems about right.
Actually, they were MBA grads, but were working for me as account executives.
Yeah whatever, I'm getting slangy because I'm watching this crap Simpsons special. My point was that to need other people for that low of a figure you must have been turning incredibly low dollar value accounts. Such as a Walmart electronics department or AT&T Wireless call center. Maybe that's what Internet MBA University gets you these days.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Can someone publish a pm I sent to them at some point? I'm in the mood to call the cops on someone. Contracts are making me cranky and I think that would improve my day.

chromylchloride

New

Post by chromylchloride » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:00 am

grifter

New

Post by grifter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:42 am

I wish that person would post it too; not cranky, just looking for drama

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:43 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

grifter

New

Post by grifter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 am

YCrevolution wrote:
grifter wrote:I wish that person would post it too; not cranky, just looking for drama
This is your first post?
Nice to meet you, YCrevolution

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 am

grifter

New

Post by grifter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 am

YCrevolution wrote:
grifter wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
grifter wrote:I wish that person would post it too; not cranky, just looking for drama
This is your first post?
Nice to meet you, YCrevolution
At least you have a 'tar now.
I hope it is to your liking

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:50 pm

this thread should be in the lounge

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:00 pm

mbw wrote:
betasteve wrote:Sent via PM to me:
letsrun wrote:Send me your resume please so I can compare it to mine.

Thank you sir.
lolololol
Um, aren't you a mod? Publishing PMs, "private" messages, is thoroughly unprofessional. This whole thing between you two is already puerile enough - no need to damage your credibility as a moderator here with such behavior.

ETA: And after consulting with my internet-governance spouse, probably actionable, as whoever wrote to you had an expectation of privacy. Just a heads up, as this is a law school forum.
Just whip 'em out guys.

Also, ETA = estimated time of arrival

Also, also there's a difference between the term 'expectation of privacy' in common parlance and 'expectation of privacy' in the sense that it might be actionable. Just a heads up, as this is a law school forum.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:52 pm

wiseowl wrote:this thread should be in the lounge
Honestly, sorry, but why do you care? Why is TLS full of "thiz shud b in teh loung guyz" kind of party-poopers. Does it really matter that much to you that you actually have to post about it?

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

so what's worse, me posting about it or you posting that? mind your own business.

if threads are going to degrade away from the original topic, they should go the board that we already have called "Off-topic". Mods should be doing that instead of being participants in the fray.

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Last edited by vamedic03 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ken

Bronze

Post by Ken » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 am

Unfortunately this post has digressed from OP's originally valid post into derogatory name calling. I ask that everyone move on as this was not what TLS was created for but instead to share knowledge. Thus, it is my hope that both mods and non-mods will stop participating in this back and forth. Thank you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”