Good Grades...Advice for 2nd Semester Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
stinger35

Silver

Good Grades...Advice for 2nd Semester

Post by stinger35 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I go to a T2 (70's) and just got first semester grades back. I got all A's and a B+ in writing, good for a 3.9 and top 1-3% by looking at older class ranks. Obviously I am extremely pleased with the results but now feel even more pressure than I did when I started law school do repeat these grades, especially because I am planning on applying to transfer to a t14 (as long as I can keep this up). Naturally I am going to do much of the same things but also study more efficiently. However I am wondering about advice for 2nd semester.

I am assuming that some students will give up that did bad, others will try harder and obviously be more efficient with there studying. Likewise, students that did very well might get complacent and slack off. I have read so much advice about how students will ace the first exams and then bomb the second. I do not want to be part of this group. Any 2L's have any general advice to offer on this subject? Were your grades 2nd semester consistent with yours 1st semester? I am sure this seems like a rather "gunner" question - I am just trying to get some advice.

hey there guy

New

Re: Good Grades...Advice for 2nd Semester

Post by hey there guy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

i was in a similar situation after first semester. in all honesty, i didn't change anything second semester and wound up doing a bit better than first. i think the main thing that you have to do is not get lazy. there is not much that you need to improve on, you just need to make sure you keep the focus that you had first semester.

orangeswarm

Bronze

Post by orangeswarm » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Don't get lazy. After one semester, you don't have very many credit hours to protect your average. One bad semester (not saying it would happen) could take you out of the top 25% before you even know what hits you.

sayan

Bronze

Post by sayan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Care to share what your main strategies were?

steve_nash

Bronze

Post by steve_nash » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”