More Humble / Bigger Douche Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

The first semester of law school has either:

1) Humbled the shit out of you: You think before you speak, you assume good faith in opposing arguments (at least more often now), and generally are a better person now, or
29%
2) It's encouraged you to take douchebaggery to new levels: "My classmates are so ungrateful! Don't they realize I'm giving this shit away for free?;" People who disagree with you are either stupid or evil (and frequently both), and you are now that much more of a raging tool (unbeknownst to you, of course). Select this option if you've ever said anything like "1L was so easy!, LOLWTF:)?!?!"
24%
3) I have no clue
47%

Total votes: 45

GOB Bluth

New

More Humble / Bigger Douche

Post by GOB Bluth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 am

The first semester of law school has either:

1) Humbled the shit out of you: You think before you speak, you assume good faith in opposing arguments (at least more often now), and you are generally a better person now, or
2) It's encouraged you to take douchebaggery to new levels: "My classmates are so ungrateful! Don't they realize I'm giving this shit away for free?;" People who disagree with you are either stupid or evil (and frequently both), and you are now that much more of a raging tool (unbeknownst to you, of course). Select this option if you've ever said anything like "1L was so easy!, LOLWTF:)?!?!"
3) I have no clue

Edit: I'll get the party started by saying up front that the past semester was one of the most humbling experiences in my life.

thesealocust

Platinum

Re: More Humble / Bigger Douche

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:47 am

That poll was so easy!, LOLWTF:)?!?!

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:51 am

i dont get it

GOB Bluth

New

Post by GOB Bluth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:51 am

thesealocust wrote:That poll was so easy!, LOLWTF:)?!?!
mmm chipotle

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:43 am

How can law school make you a better person? Isn't law school designed to create the most amoral group of professionals in our society?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 am

betasteve wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:How can law school make you a better person? Isn't law school designed to create the most amoral group of professionals in our society?
this. I feel confident that all of 1L is designed more to create/ensure the bitterness of future lawyers.
Good catch, BS! I forgot to include that. ;)

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:42 pm

nM
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Law school has made me even more open-minded. I think I am driving family members crazy because I cannot just sit by and blindly nod my head when they make blanket, unfounded assertions. I'm not a jerk, but I try to suggest that the other side would think such and such and that they might have good reason for it. Kind of a put yourself in another's shoes idea................yep, law school has made me annoying. :wink:

smalltown

New

Post by smalltown » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Where is the option if you weren't an ass hole before law school and still aren't one?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 pm

smalltown wrote:Where is the option if you weren't an ass hole before law school and still aren't one?
"Logout [smalltown]"

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 pm

nM
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:41 pm

A'nold wrote:Law school has made me even more open-minded. I think I am driving family members crazy because I cannot just sit by and blindly nod my head when they make blanket, unfounded assertions. I'm not a jerk, but I try to suggest that the other side would think such and such and that they might have good reason for it. Kind of a put yourself in another's shoes idea................yep, law school has made me annoying. :wink:
. . . only if you don't know how to operate the on-off switch.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”