Using Older E&E Editions Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jedgarhooter

New

Using Older E&E Editions

Post by jedgarhooter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:35 am

I am considering getting E&Es that are one edition out of date (published around 2006-2007 instead of 2008-2009). Anyone think this would be worth it? They cost like $5 compared to $20 (used) for the newest edition. I really think they would be pretty much identical (the last edition of the contracts E&E had almost all the same examples/explanations as the previous version, word for word) but I'm still hesitant. Anyone think I'd be crazy to do this?

booboo

Silver

Re: Using Older E&E Editions

Post by booboo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 am

Buy it, compare with a fellow classmate who has the recent edition when you get your syllabus. ?

orangeswarm

Bronze

Post by orangeswarm » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:06 am

I always buy older editions in everything (textbooks and supplements). You will be fine. Just pay attention in class for things your professor says that contradicts your supplement. But, that shouldn't be any extra work because you should be doing that with any supplement, not only older ones.

dkelch317

New

Post by dkelch317 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am

I used the next to most recent edition of the CivPro E&E and found it to be really helpful - I also did not pick up on any out-of-date info.

Full disclosure - still awaiting my grade.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:15 pm

dkelch317 wrote:I used the next to most recent edition of the CivPro E&E and found it to be really helpful - I also did not pick up on any out-of-date info.

What's the story on that tar?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sporkdevil

New

Post by sporkdevil » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah, like property has totally changed in the past two years.

OH, and if it did, like your professor would give a rats ass about the changes. They would still teach the same shit they have been teaching for a decade.

I grab the cheapest shit I can find. That includes old versions of text books. I got everything for almost nothing, and just compared the cases. Usually out of a few hundred cases, maybe 5 have changed. The cases are still true, it's just an updated case displaying the rule.

Anonymous Loser

Silver

Post by Anonymous Loser » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:01 am

Civ Pro might be confusing if your prof. is discussing the new pleading standards articulated in Bell Atlantic Corp. v. Twombly and you are using an pre-2007 E&E.

dkelch317

New

Post by dkelch317 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 pm

king3780 wrote:
dkelch317 wrote:I used the next to most recent edition of the CivPro E&E and found it to be really helpful - I also did not pick up on any out-of-date info.

What's the story on that tar?
You know Spinal Tap/Best in Show/Waiting for Guffman, the mockumentaries?

The tar is a character from another one of those mockumentaries called "A Mighty Wind" - my favorite and heavily recommended if you dig that type of movie.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”