Rules Supplement for Civ Pro Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
the fledgling

Bronze

Rules Supplement for Civ Pro

Post by the fledgling » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Hey all. My professor has asked us to get a rules supplement for Civil Procedure, but she hasn't specified which rules book to get (other than it be up to date).

Does anyone have a suggestion? So far it looks like its between Yeazell and Friedenthal.

General Tso

Gold

Re: Rules Supplement for Civ Pro

Post by General Tso » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 pm

you might get one for free from lexis or westlaw. it sounds like your prof. just wants you to have a standard copy of the FRCP. At my school Lexis and Westlaw have free copies laying around the computer lab.

For study supplement, the Civpro E&E is excellent. Doing the short answer questions in E&E's and multiple choice questions in Emanual's helped me a ton

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:41 pm

I know this isn't a rule supplement, but I recommend the Glannon Guide over the E&E. Especially if your final has multiple choice.

Snooker

Bronze

Post by Snooker » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:54 pm

I found the friedenthal rules supplement useless and bloated. It has several completely reproduced supreme court cases in the back, the kind you can just download on westlaw. Its rules sections are bloated with comparisons to state statutes, so the thing runs several hundred pages, yet maybe 20 pages of it is useful - the redacted statutes.

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 pm

The FRCP underwent some significant revisions that took effect on December 1, so whatever you decide on, make sure it contains the new rules.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Marmot

Bronze

Post by Marmot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Bankhead wrote:I know this isn't a rule supplement, but I recommend the Glannon Guide over the E&E. Especially if your final has multiple choice.
TITCR. The Glannon Guide saved my hide. He actually wrote both, and they work well together, but the Guide was more helpful to me.

Brucewaynegretzky

New

Post by Brucewaynegretzky » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:26 pm

I would suggest getting a PDF copy. Especially if you can use your computer on the exam. Ctrl+F > Flipping pages.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”