Updates Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
neonx

Silver

Updates

Post by neonx » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi, all,

What is everyone up to?

Now 2 years out of law school, has your career path changed? Still doing big law? Still doing public interest?

How was law school? Was it everything you had hoped it would be?

Any regrets? Any major life events?

XOXO.

neon

neonx

Silver

Re: Updates

Post by neonx » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:42 pm

I'll start:

I ended up going to SLS. I had wonderful professors and met some inspiring people (friends, even). I don't think the Bay Area was a perfect fit for me (might have enjoyed an East Coast school a little bit more), but I don't have any regrets.

I'm still chugging along in big law NYC doing corporate work. Paid off my loans after year 1. Not much else to report except to say that I think I'll probably be changing markets in about year (probably Texas.)

Miss everyone greatly.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Re: Updates

Post by katthegreat11 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:24 pm

neonx wrote:I'll start:

I ended up going to SLS. I had wonderful professors and met some inspiring people (friends, even). I don't think the Bay Area was a perfect fit for me (might have enjoyed an East Coast school a little bit more), but I don't have any regrets.

I'm still chugging along in big law NYC doing corporate work. Paid off my loans after year 1. Not much else to report except to say that I think I'll probably be changing markets in about year (probably Texas.)

Miss everyone greatly.
Hey there! I was perusing through posts from long ago and saw you got a good need-based fellowship to Stanford! I have just been accepted there (!!!!) and think I will go unless the money offer is real real bad. Any tips/things you could share from your experience? Was it what you expected based on your EFC? Or any tips about SLS in general? Thank you!!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”