Gifts for Family Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
UndecidedMN

Bronze

Gifts for Family

Post by UndecidedMN » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Hello,

I have no idea what to get my wife and family for when I graduate from Law School. Family helped alot financially and wife has been through alot. Any ideas?

Nova

Platinum

Re: Gifts for Family

Post by Nova » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

give them whatever you would give them for their birthdays or Christmas.

bld2414

New

Post by bld2414 » Sat May 03, 2014 6:15 pm

UndecidedMN wrote:Hello,

I have no idea what to get my wife and family for when I graduate from Law School. Family helped alot financially and wife has been through alot. Any ideas?
I was about to come on here and post the exact same question. My school had an option for a certificate of appreciation, but I thought that was a little corny and impersonal.

Hopefully we can get some more feedback.

suzige

Bronze

Post by suzige » Sat May 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Not sure what your price parameters are, but since this is an "appreciation gift," i'd focus more on your appreciation than the gift if that makes any sense...be sure to tell them just how appreciative you are either in a card or in person when you give them the gift.

My SO has been thru hell with me thru my 1L so far, so for his bday in June I'm getting him a small gift w/ a card that details just how much I love and appreciate him for putting up with me this past year. For your wife, I'd suggest perusing Etsy for a handmade necklace or something (I've just discovered how awesome that website is)--nothing too out there but something nice as a memento of your appreciation. For family, depending on what they like, maybe a nice big gift basket or something from Harry and David just as a thank u along with a well-written card is always nice.

Fiero85

Gold

Post by Fiero85 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Plan a nice vacation or day trip they would really like?

Suggestions above are solid too. Just stuff they would enjoy, same as regular holiday gifts.

And +1 to emphasizing the appreciation more than the gift itself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”