Con Law Sullivan Textbook 17th or 18th Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
UndecidedMN

Bronze

Con Law Sullivan Textbook 17th or 18th

Post by UndecidedMN » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has taken Con Law II (Bill of Rights basically) with Sullivan's Textbook 18th edition? I don't want to spend the money on the 18th and was hoping to get by on the 17th. Anyone know of any differences?

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Re: Con Law Sullivan Textbook 17th or 18th

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:28 pm

UndecidedMN wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has taken Con Law II (Bill of Rights basically) with Sullivan's Textbook 18th edition? I don't want to spend the money on the 18th and was hoping to get by on the 17th. Anyone know of any differences?
My Con Law professor just switched to the 18th after going as long as he could with the 17th. He didn't say what switched, but he was pretty adamant to the students this year that the 18th was needed.

Shame. The 17th is like 5 bucks on amazon.

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 pm

I've scanned the Sullivan 18th Table of Contents. Send me a PM and I can email it to you. Differences are not significant depending on how detailed your prof's syllabus gets. Last 2 SCOTUS terms were a fairly big deal, of course, but, it's SCOTUS - not too hard to find the opinions for the cases that are not included in Sullivan 17.

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:20 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:I've scanned the Sullivan 18th Table of Contents. Send me a PM and I can email it to you. Differences are not significant depending on how detailed your prof's syllabus gets. Last 2 SCOTUS terms were a fairly big deal, of course, but, it's SCOTUS - not too hard to find the opinions for the cases that are not included in Sullivan 17.
The only major issue is that the casebook will have condensed the case into 4 pages highlighting the important parts. We read a takings case (Koontz I believe) that was a fucking nuisance. 20 pages when it would be 4 in a casebook. But the savings justify the price difference. Shoot me a message and I can send you a case chart of all the 17th ed. 18th amen., 5th amen., 2nd amen., cases.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”