Best Law School advice ever. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
cruelestgame

Bronze

Re: Best Law School advice ever.

Post by cruelestgame » Wed May 25, 2011 4:02 pm

~
Last edited by cruelestgame on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

DonnaDraper

Bronze

Post by DonnaDraper » Wed May 25, 2011 4:26 pm

I too am saddened that there is a double standard for sleeping around in general, but I can see what the OP is saying. I think that sleeping around in law school is unadvisable for both men and women simply because it's unprofessional. Law school is not high school. It is not college either. It is the beginning of your career. I am not advocating being a prude or never having sex with anyone in law school because that advice would be extreme. I do think that increasing your selectivity and being aware of what could happen based on an action (whether it be sex or anything else) is good advice. It would be nice to treat sex as something that does not matter. But sex is not nothing. However people may consider it, the point is, they do consider it. You can't control people's thoughts, but you can control what you do.

In terms of hiring decisions based on certain associations, unless I think that it would hinder his/her job performance, i would not take someone's personal life into consideration. Hey, just because Strauss-Kahn is practically a rapist, does not mean he could not head the IMF! (Not that I condone that in any way) However, while I may still hire a person regardless of his/her personal life, I would still make the 'slut' association. This is not because I think he/she is one, but because I possibly heard the name repeatedly in that context and its human nature to recall and make connections. Which brings up another issue: Gossiping. Gossiping is also unprofessional, so even if people know about a certain guy or girl/people's personal exploits, they should not be talking about it in the first place.

iahtt

New

Post by iahtt » Thu May 26, 2011 4:18 am

rad law wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
KRob87 wrote:Haha, I liked the "slut shaming" comments. Not quuuuite where I was going with that. I should have explained a little better. However, first please notice, I did not use the word "slut." A bunch of you guys did tho...
Yeah, but we don't hate sexually active women. I love sluts. LOVE THEM.
This.
Or in the infamous words of OutKast, "HaHaHaHa We Luv Deez Hoez"

but in all serious, cool post

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Bless wrote:FWIW, my buddy who attends FSU law advised me to NOT sleep with girls in the law school. He said he was sleeping with a girl from class, it didn't work out, and then the majority of his section started hating him and thought of him as a dirtbag (LMAO x 10). He said it took an entire year for some of them to start warming back up to him.
That's what undergrad girls are for.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Sun May 29, 2011 7:55 pm

joncrooshal wrote:
Bless wrote:FWIW, my buddy who attends FSU law advised me to NOT sleep with girls in the law school. He said he was sleeping with a girl from class, it didn't work out, and then the majority of his section started hating him and thought of him as a dirtbag (LMAO x 10). He said it took an entire year for some of them to start warming back up to him.
+ a lot
Most law schools are affiliated/connected to an undergraduate campus with better-looking women that you can easily avoid if necessary.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ODBCP

New

Post by ODBCP » Sun May 29, 2011 8:18 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
+ a lot
Most law schools are affiliated/connected to an undergraduate campus with better-looking women that you can easily avoid if necessary.
This thread is taking a great turn.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun May 29, 2011 8:27 pm

I am so glad I don't go to school with many of the people ITT. Hope you are enjoying your boring, sexless law school experience.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Sun May 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I am so glad I don't go to school with many of the people ITT. Hope you are enjoying your boring, sexless law school experience.
I really don't get why anyone would ever want anything to do with other law students. I say this as a guy, I'm sure it's different for girls (obviously it's easier for LS guys to troll for UG girls than vice versa).

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Sun May 29, 2011 8:33 pm

I would like to thank you all for reminding me that I'm glad I go to NU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun May 29, 2011 8:37 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:I am so glad I don't go to school with many of the people ITT. Hope you are enjoying your boring, sexless law school experience.
I really don't get why anyone would ever want anything to do with other law students. I say this as a guy, I'm sure it's different for girls (obviously it's easier for LS guys to troll for UG girls than vice versa).
LS girls in major cities can date finance guys, MDs/MD students, other professionals. I don't date a law student because I'm a slut or because I don't have options.

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Sun May 29, 2011 8:41 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
+ a lot
Shit, why would anyone want to deal with a law student as a partner if you are a law student yourself? You'd be dealing with the most stressed out, bitchy girl in the world (or the most stressed out, douchey gun in the world if you're a girl). I would want the young, carefree girl with the easiest major possible.

You can marry the lawyer later on, but have fun with the non-stressed, non-insane one first.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Sun May 29, 2011 8:48 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I would like to thank you all for reminding me that I'm glad I go to NU.
You probably have classmates just as catty as the OP, you just don't know it because you might not be one of them.

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Sun May 29, 2011 8:49 pm

IAFG wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
LS girls in major cities can date finance guys, MDs/MD students, other professionals. I don't date a law student because I'm a slut or because I don't have options.
Finance guys? Probably not. MDs and other professionals, sure.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun May 29, 2011 8:56 pm

InLikeFlint wrote:
IAFG wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:
Finance guys? Probably not. MDs and other professionals, sure.
I know at least two 1Ls who started dating finance guys this year

InLikeFlint

Bronze

Post by InLikeFlint » Sun May 29, 2011 9:02 pm

IAFG wrote: I know at least two 1Ls who started dating finance guys this year
so for most ls students, they probably can't pull this off.

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 am

*puke puke* why would you want to date finance guys? horribly boring.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Mon May 30, 2011 12:26 pm

mcweanis wrote:*puke puke* why would you want to date finance guys? horribly boring.
Because they aren't law students.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 pm

KRob87 wrote: (And ignore the people on this Board with the Go Harvard or Go Home attitude.).

Seriously.
Stopped reading here.

Also, ITT: heathens. All of you.

Stoic

New

Post by Stoic » Mon May 30, 2011 12:42 pm

joncrooshal wrote:
Powerful statement.

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Mon May 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Stoic wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
Powerful statement.
Seriously people. For god's sake, how hard is it not to shit where you eat?

If you are a girl, break some guys heart, he could tell everyone you're a slut. If you're a guy and break some girl's heart, she can tell everyone you're a scumbag. Both sides reputations are easily sullied. Be nice to everyone and go outside the law school to get your freak on (avoid current lawyers also, I've seen that backfire). Also, it's nice to have someone you can shoot the shit with for a couple hours and never fall into a lame legal/law school discussion.

cern

New

Post by cern » Mon May 30, 2011 12:51 pm

OP wrote:Law school isn't that bad... just relax.
everyone in this thread wrote:I've had sex before.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:15 pm

cern wrote:
OP wrote:Law school isn't that bad... just relax.
everyone in this thread wrote:I've had sex before.
A+ summary. Will read again

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Mon May 30, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm a terrified 0L. And whether or not this shit is true, it made my day.

caligulove

New

Post by caligulove » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:30 am

i think i've had sex before...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”