The 0L Excitement Thread Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
yngblkgifted

Silver

Re: The 0L Excitement Thread

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:14 am

Undergrad girls...amirite?

théo

New

Post by théo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 am

ilovesf wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote: Same concern. It'll be almost two and a half years since I've done anything academic in English by the time I start school. I've spent most of the last two years speaking Chinese, and when I speak English it's all "special English" because I'm an ESL teacher. Sometimes when I skype my friends, I talk simply and slow until they ask if I'm ok, then I :oops:
Ditto. I'm living abroad with my foreign boyfriend and he speaks English but it isn't perfect. I'm always dumbing myself down so he can understand me, and I'm actually worried that my writing/speaking skills have really suffered because of it. I've started to read more 'intellectual' books lately so that I can try to improve a bit before school starts.
Haha, I am losing my English as well. Last summer when I was home visiting my family, I was stunned by the enormous vocabulary of ordinary people in the supermarket. Also my accent is becoming weird? Someone asked me if I had been educated in a British school as a child…I was educated in the Midwest.

Outside Enemy

New

Post by Outside Enemy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 am

I'm not excited... :?

Omega10

New

Post by Omega10 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Looking forward to that "fresh start" feeling. You know, that optimistic, take-the-world-by-storm bullshit that gets your heart racing, right before reality sets in and you ask yourself why you ever wanted this to begin with.

But I really am looking forward to living alone, having more challenging goals and a schedule that forces me to plan ahead, and the sense of accomplishment I'll feel once the whole thing is over. :mrgreen:

sch0123

Bronze

Post by sch0123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Undergrad girls...amirite?
8) 8) 8)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”