Penn State Law class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Ridore

New

Penn State Law class of 2014

Post by Ridore » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:07 pm

Just wanted to start a thread for the class of 2014. Also wanted to know whether or not anyone has found housing yet.

mtothelissa

New

Re: Penn State Law class of 2014

Post by mtothelissa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Ridore wrote:Just wanted to start a thread for the class of 2014. Also wanted to know whether or not anyone has found housing yet.
Hi! I will be living at the White Course Apartments (they still have space according to the lady I talked to yesterday if anyone is wondering). There seems to be a lot available off campus still, but there seems to be more already rented than not.

Ridore

New

Post by Ridore » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:08 pm

mtothelissa wrote:
Ridore wrote:Just wanted to start a thread for the class of 2014. Also wanted to know whether or not anyone has found housing yet.
Hi! I will be living at the White Course Apartments (they still have space according to the lady I talked to yesterday if anyone is wondering). There seems to be a lot available off campus still, but there seems to be more already rented than not.
I am probably going for off campus housing. I also heard that many people did not like the White course Apartments. On another note, I was looking into applying for white course apartment and it say I needed a Eliving account. I email the guy for activation but no response. How did you do it.

mtothelissa

New

Post by mtothelissa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Ridore wrote:
mtothelissa wrote:
I am probably going for off campus housing. I also heard that many people did not like the White course Apartments. On another note, I was looking into applying for white course apartment and it say I needed a Eliving account. I email the guy for activation but no response. How did you do it.
There's a link for this website called Friends of Penn State or something and made an account there. It didn't work so then I called them. The number is 8148657501. They were very helpful and got the issue resolved quickly. :)

jachrist

New

Post by jachrist » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:52 am

Will be attending at the Carlisle campus. Looking for housing too. No idea where to start.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NicRen

New

Post by NicRen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:01 pm

jachrist wrote:Will be attending at the Carlisle campus. Looking for housing too. No idea where to start.
There is a link with some information about various places for rent on the Penn State law website. From my limited understanding of housing in Carlisle, it is pretty easy to find something near campus.

gewbert

New

Post by gewbert » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 am

Correct. I'm a 1L in Carlisle and housing is readily available here. There is a housing list on the accepted student's page. Just start calling around and I'm sure you'll find something. PM me if you need help! I can give you some tips as to where not to live/where most students live.

jachrist

New

Post by jachrist » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 pm

PM sent.

If anyone is looking for a roommate, please let me know. I found a TON of really really nice houses that were 2 and 3 bedrooms, but don't know anyone else attending the Carlisle campus.

triathlete0128

New

Post by triathlete0128 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

I dont regularly check this site. But for anyone interested in housing. PM me if interested
Complex is like 2 miles from Katz.

$560 PSU Law (incoming 1L housing) (State College, UP campuse, Turtle Creek)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-05-04, 1:56PM EDT
Reply to: your anonymous craigslist address will appear here
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a second year (male) law student at Penn State Law school (UP campus) looking for a roommate (male or female) starting fall 2011.

[About the unit]
2 bedroom apartment at Turtle Creek available. The two bedroom is $1120.00
per month. This price includes electric, heat, up to two parking spaces,
water, sewer and refuse.

Rent is to be split between myself and roommate (when found and added to the lease)

Unit would be available for August 12th through the 17th move in (plenty of time before classes begin)

[Process to getting on the lease]
There would be a $25.00 application processing fee per application. Apartment requires $100.00 to hold the unit until the day you move in.
The $100.00 is applied toward the one month security deposit.

I do have photos that I could forward you of the interiors of the apartments through email if you would like.
Complex informs me that remaining units are going fast, so please email me if interested!

Though I'd prefer a fellow law student as roommate, if undergrads are interested, I know how difficult/annoying it can be to find housing at UP, so message me with your request.
Pet friendly apartment.

Turtle Creek Apartments (google map) (yahoo map)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kennexboy

New

Post by Kennexboy » Thu May 05, 2011 4:26 am

Hey guys-

I am a 2L (rising 3L) and I am one of the law lion ambassadors who will be at your orientation to help you guys out and answer any questions you might have.

Everyone who is going to Penn State should join the Penn State Law Class of 2014 Facebook page. A lot of the incoming 1Ls have already joined it and are using it as a way to ask questions and also to find roommates for next year. There are a lot of 2Ls on there too who can help answer your questions and also so staff members who know things like deposit deadlines and such.

I will try to check this page from time to time, but the Facebook page is pretty active.

Look forward to meeting you all next year!

Kyle

Kennexboy

New

Post by Kennexboy » Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 am

triathlete0128 wrote:
Though I'd prefer a fellow law student as roommate, if undergrads are interested, I know how difficult/annoying it can be to find housing at UP, so message me with your request.
Pet friendly apartment.

Turtle Creek Apartments (google map) (yahoo map)
I live in Turtle Creek now, and I am pretty sure that you have to be a graduate student or professional to live there. They didn't allow undergrads when we first moved in I know. Just a heads up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”