USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
dangerousminds

New

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Post by dangerousminds » Mon May 23, 2011 8:02 pm

I got a law preview scholarship! :D

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:03 pm

dangerousminds wrote:I got a law preview scholarship! :D
me too! =) which one are you going to?

FAR262

New

Post by FAR262 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Me 3! I'll be doing NYU July 25-30

ms1987

New

Post by ms1987 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:47 am

I'll be heading to the July 25-30 in LA!

Random question, have we heard any news about a parking lottery or anything yet?

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:03 pm

ms1987 wrote:I'll be heading to the July 25-30 in LA!

Random question, have we heard any news about a parking lottery or anything yet?
i'll be at the same one.

and no, nothing about parking yet,

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:38 pm

I know we pay (2) $500 deposits to USC. Do they only apply $750 to tuition? (just curious). I thought most schools apply the whole amount..

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:58 pm

JJDancer wrote:I know we pay (2) $500 deposits to USC. Do they only apply $750 to tuition? (just curious). I thought most schools apply the whole amount..
Where did you find the info that says they apply only $750 to tuition?

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:10 pm

i swear i read that the full amount will be credited towards tuition in the fall. i'll try to look it up when i get a minute.

eta: in an email from David K after i submitted my tuition deposit:

Thank you for submitting your first tuition deposit. We are thrilled that you have taken another step towards becoming a member of the Trojan community and we look forward to your enrollment this fall. If you have not already done so, your second tuition deposit of $500 is due July 1, 2011. Both tuition deposits will be credited in full when your tuition fee bill is issued in August.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:01 pm

glitter178 wrote:i swear i read that the full amount will be credited towards tuition in the fall. i'll try to look it up when i get a minute.

eta: in an email from David K after i submitted my tuition deposit:

Thank you for submitting your first tuition deposit. We are thrilled that you have taken another step towards becoming a member of the Trojan community and we look forward to your enrollment this fall. If you have not already done so, your second tuition deposit of $500 is due July 1, 2011. Both tuition deposits will be credited in full when your tuition fee bill is issued in August.
Ah ok thanks. I saw some info from 2010 that said 750 would be credited.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Puttanesca wrote:
JJDancer wrote:I know we pay (2) $500 deposits to USC. Do they only apply $750 to tuition? (just curious). I thought most schools apply the whole amount..
Where did you find the info that says they apply only $750 to tuition?
Something on the admitted students portal but it was from last year..

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Congrats to everyone that's recently been accepted to USC. I can't wait to meet everyone on August 16th.

Where is everyone located? I'm currently in Georgia. So it's going to be a huge move for me in August. :D

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:13 am

Congrats and welcome, dangerousminds!

I'm moving from FL so it'll be a big move for me as well. Not looking forward to spending soo much money to ship my car to LA!

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:00 am

Oh sheesh, that is going to be a huge expense. Are you living in Terrace?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:44 pm

dangerousminds wrote:Oh sheesh, that is going to be a huge expense. Are you living in Terrace?
No. I'll probably be getting an apartment downtown.

innernetp

Bronze

Post by innernetp » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Phew it's been a long long time since I looked at or posted on this.

USC approved my deferral, which means it's official, I will be a Trojan!

I'll be visiting LA a little bit throughout the next year to figure out housing, if anyone wants to share contact information with me via PM I'd love that. I'll be relocating from NC/FL and so have very little network out there... and if you want to couch surf with me in Florida or NC then I'm on couchsurfers as well. :-)

Good luck to each one of you!

Fight on!

n_gal

New

Post by n_gal » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Does anyone know if/when we get USC e-mail addresses? I'm currently using the one from my UG and it expires in a few months, if were all getting USC issued e-mails I won't bother creating a new acct.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all in August!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 pm

n_gal wrote:Does anyone know if/when we get USC e-mail addresses? I'm currently using the one from my UG and it expires in a few months, if were all getting USC issued e-mails I won't bother creating a new acct.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you all in August!
we do get one but I'm not sure when. I think maybe when we get our schedules for classes (late July??).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fatedreality

New

Post by fatedreality » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Hey everyone!! Just got off the waitlist and I'm really excited to join the class this coming Fall :) I got the email today and feeling a little overwhelmed since I feel like there's all this information and things that need to get taken care of ASAP.

I was just wondering about parking though - did anyone here also miss the lottery period? Do we just wait till July 22 (like it says on the website) and then try to purchase whatever's left..?

Also I'll be living downtown and taking the 110 down to USC if I were to drive everyday - google maps gives me an estimated 10min driving time but I'm also wondering if it would be worth driving to Union Station and taking the free shuttle to and from campus? That way I don't have to worry about parking on campus at all?

Sorry for all the questions -__-!

stowhat

New

Post by stowhat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:16 pm

fatedreality wrote:Hey everyone!! Just got off the waitlist and I'm really excited to join the class this coming Fall :) I got the email today and feeling a little overwhelmed since I feel like there's all this information and things that need to get taken care of ASAP.

I was just wondering about parking though - did anyone here also miss the lottery period? Do we just wait till July 22 (like it says on the website) and then try to purchase whatever's left..?

Also I'll be living downtown and taking the 110 down to USC if I were to drive everyday - google maps gives me an estimated 10min driving time but I'm also wondering if it would be worth driving to Union Station and taking the free shuttle to and from campus? That way I don't have to worry about parking on campus at all?

I got in off the waitlist and called Parking Services yesterday with the same lottery question. They said it is too late to enter the lottery and we'll just have to wait until July 22 to purchase whatever spots are remaining. I'm hoping there will still be some spots open in the parking structure near the law building but if not, I guess I'll be making a bit of a hike everyday from another parking structure.

I was a bit concerned about making a long walk late at night to my car and Parking Services said that we only have to park in our assigned parking structure until 5pm each day, so if we're concerned about parking in another garage and know we'll be at school late, we can always move our car after 5pm. A bit of a hassle but worth it (I think) to park on-campus.

fatedreality

New

Post by fatedreality » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:00 pm

stowhat wrote:
I got in off the waitlist and called Parking Services yesterday with the same lottery question. They said it is too late to enter the lottery and we'll just have to wait until July 22 to purchase whatever spots are remaining. I'm hoping there will still be some spots open in the parking structure near the law building but if not, I guess I'll be making a bit of a hike everyday from another parking structure.

I was a bit concerned about making a long walk late at night to my car and Parking Services said that we only have to park in our assigned parking structure until 5pm each day, so if we're concerned about parking in another garage and know we'll be at school late, we can always move our car after 5pm. A bit of a hassle but worth it (I think) to park on-campus.
Thank you so much for sharing that :) Hope we get lucky on July 22 lol!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:02 pm

fatedreality wrote:Hey everyone!! Just got off the waitlist and I'm really excited to join the class this coming Fall :) I got the email today and feeling a little overwhelmed since I feel like there's all this information and things that need to get taken care of ASAP.

You will save a lot of time driving. From what I have heard, the shuttles sometimes get full and you have to wait for the next one. Might miss class if you have to wait too long. PS1 is the least popular parking structure overall due to its distance from most parts of campus, so you should be able to get a spot there. PS1 never sells out through the lottery (and probably never sells out ever). Fortunately, PS1 is very convenient to the law school (it's the closest to the law school).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stowhat

New

Post by stowhat » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Puttanesca wrote: PS1 is the least popular parking structure overall due to its distance from most parts of campus, so you should be able to get a spot there. PS1 never sells out through the lottery (and probably never sells out ever). Fortunately, PS1 is very convenient to the law school (it's the closest to the law school).
Ah that is really good to know. Thank you!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:54 pm

stowhat wrote:
Puttanesca wrote: PS1 is the least popular parking structure overall due to its distance from most parts of campus, so you should be able to get a spot there. PS1 never sells out through the lottery (and probably never sells out ever). Fortunately, PS1 is very convenient to the law school (it's the closest to the law school).
Ah that is really good to know. Thank you!
You're welcome! I would still recommend getting the permit ASAP (July 22), but you shouldn't have a problem getting a spot in PS1.

LouisTa

New

Post by LouisTa » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:50 pm

D
Last edited by LouisTa on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:07 pm

LouisTa wrote:Hey Everyone!

So I have been procrastinating on finding housing because I was waiting to hear back from another school's waitlist, but it looks like I'll end up being a Trojan! Anyway, because of that I think the Terrace housing is currently full? I'm going to be moving from North Carolina so it's definitely going to be a big change. I was wondering if anyone else is also looking for housing/apartment and a roommate. I definitely prefer some place pretty close to campus as I'm not a big fan of parking troubles and prefer walking/public transportation. If anyone can help me that would be awesome. E-mail me at LouisTa89@gmail.com if you can help or want any information. Thanks!

~Louis Ta
Hey Louis,

It's great to see another person coming from the Carolinas. I'm coming from South Carolina. I'm not sure if Terrace is full or not, from what I've researched, they never fill up. But if they are, or if you do not want to live there, then there is a roommate portal on the admitted student portal. Downtown and Koreatown seems to have a lot of access to public transportation. Koreatown seems to be a great place to look and it seems to have a lot of reasonably priced options for living, as to downtown seems to be a bit more pricier but of course, is near more entertainment options. Also the USC Daily Trojan always has a classified section if you want to rent a room in a house, or for other housing options as well so you might want to look into that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”