USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
glitter178

Silver

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Post by glitter178 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:42 pm

don't forget to join either the facebook page or group! i don't know which one is better, so if one ends up being much more popular than the other, i'll delete the less active one.

search facebook under the usc gould school of law Class of 2014

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Escuate wrote:Checking in here... Anyone else living near campus this fall?
I'm living downtown, which is kinda nearish, but not within walking distance. I am a USC UG and have lived near campus before, so if you have any questions about specific buildings, landlords (many of which you should avoid), pricing, etc., let me know!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Tue May 03, 2011 11:02 pm

It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Puttanesca wrote:It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!
FWIW I've been following your thread where you were deciding between the other LA law school. Good choice. Fight on! and see you in the summer.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Horchata wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!
FWIW I've been following your thread where you were deciding between the other LA law school. Good choice. Fight on! and see you in the summer.
Love your tar.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Horchata wrote:
Love your tar.
Thanks. There's only a few left so PM me with 2 really good reasons why you want to accept Christ. No b.s.'ing...

Btw, I just joined the facebook group. If you're Rachael I think I saw you at ASD! I'll introduce myself when I see you at orientation. Thanks for creating a fbook page.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Love your tar.[/quote]

Thanks. There's only a few left so PM me with 2 really good reasons why you want to accept Christ. No b.s.'ing...

Btw, I just joined the facebook group. If you're Rachael I think I saw you at ASD! I'll introduce myself when I see you at orientation. Thanks for creating a fbook page.[/quote]

Yay! Thanks for joining! And yes, I'm Rachael and I was at ASD!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Horchata wrote:
Thanks; I hope it was the right choice. Well, I guess there was really no bad option. Anyway, happy to be continuing at USC! See you!

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 am

Excited to be attending USC in the fall. Now the search for housing commences from the other side of the country. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

in__flux

New

Post by in__flux » Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 pm

glitter178 wrote:i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....

(I work in an office consisting of all middle-aged men, save 1 middle-aged woman. I need to meet my people :wink: )
agreed! we still have a whole summer before school begins, let's make it happen

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Fri May 06, 2011 4:13 pm

in__flux wrote:
glitter178 wrote:i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....

(I work in an office consisting of all middle-aged men, save 1 middle-aged woman. I need to meet my people :wink: )
agreed! we still have a whole summer before school begins, let's make it happen
+1

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Fri May 06, 2011 4:14 pm

dangerousminds wrote:Excited to be attending USC in the fall. Now the search for housing commences from the other side of the country. :lol:
Good luck with the housing search! Let me know if you need any help/suggestions.

FAR262

New

Post by FAR262 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Escuate wrote:Checking in here... Anyone else living near campus this fall?
me!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Has anyone gotten a response about the law preview scholarship yet? I know they said we'd hear by May 23, but i'm impatient. :lol:

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 am

Nah, no response yet. Although I did get an email from Ms. Puertas telling me that they received my application. They're giving about 25 scholarships or so...that's pretty cool

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Horchata wrote:Nah, no response yet. Although I did get an email from Ms. Puertas telling me that they received my application. They're giving about 25 scholarships or so...that's pretty cool
Interesting, giving them to more than 10% of incoming students. it is pretty cool.

They didn't send me an email.... hmm

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Horchata wrote:Nah, no response yet. Although I did get an email from Ms. Puertas telling me that they received my application. They're giving about 25 scholarships or so...that's pretty cool
Interesting, giving them to more than 10% of incoming students. it is pretty cool.

They didn't send me an email.... hmm
I should have clarified: I sent them an email asking if they received my application.

I'm doing some research this week on apartments. Does anyone know some good resources for finding places (besides the Daily Trojan and Craigslist)? Gracias

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Horchata wrote: I'm doing some research this week on apartments. Does anyone know some good resources for finding places (besides the Daily Trojan and Craigslist)? Gracias
Hmm...if you don't mind paying, Westside Rentals. They have a lot of listings that you wouldn't otherwise find out about. There are free sites too, like apartments.com or forrent.com. I found my apartment through a Google search for downtown LA apartments.

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 am

Puttanesca wrote:
Horchata wrote: I'm doing some research this week on apartments. Does anyone know some good resources for finding places (besides the Daily Trojan and Craigslist)? Gracias
Hmm...if you don't mind paying, Westside Rentals. They have a lot of listings that you wouldn't otherwise find out about. There are free sites too, like apartments.com or forrent.com. I found my apartment through a Google search for downtown LA apartments.
cool thanks.

aryathegreat

New

Post by aryathegreat » Thu May 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Just got in off the waitlist. Pretty sure Im going to attend. The only sad part is that it looks like scholarships from this point on are going to be scarce. Is there anything anyone did to increase their offers?

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Thu May 12, 2011 5:21 pm

aryathegreat wrote:Just got in off the waitlist. Pretty sure Im going to attend. The only sad part is that it looks like scholarships from this point on are going to be scarce. Is there anything anyone did to increase their offers?
Congrats! I was able to increase my scholarship by 5K/year by presenting USC with a UCLA need-based award. If you have scholarships or need-based offers from similarly ranked schools, you might be able to negotiate with USC. If you want more details on what I did, PM me. Good luck! Hope to see you in the fall!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

aryathegreat wrote:Just got in off the waitlist. Pretty sure Im going to attend. The only sad part is that it looks like scholarships from this point on are going to be scarce. Is there anything anyone did to increase their offers?
PM me with your stats/other offers/general situation and I can share my thoughts..

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:00 pm

anyone heard back about the law preview scholarship? they said they'd notify us by today. starting to feel like i missed this one.... :cry:

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 pm

glitter178 wrote:anyone heard back about the law preview scholarship? they said they'd notify us by today. starting to feel like i missed this one.... :cry:
I'm not sure what time you posted this, but as I am on the East Coast, it's only 2:30 PM here as I type this; which means it isn't even noon yet in Southern California. So keep hope alive, at least for another 5 & 1/2 hours. :lol:

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 pm

dangerousminds wrote:
glitter178 wrote:anyone heard back about the law preview scholarship? they said they'd notify us by today. starting to feel like i missed this one.... :cry:
I'm not sure what time you posted this, but as I am on the East Coast, it's only 2:30 PM here as I type this; which means it isn't even noon yet in Southern California. So keep hope alive, at least for another 5 & 1/2 hours. :lol:
lol true.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”