Michigan State Class of '14 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
reilanrc

New

Michigan State Class of '14

Post by reilanrc » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Just put in my seat deposit at MSU, didn't see a class of '14 subject yet so I decided to start one. Wondering who else was heading there/where they were looking at for housing/any other thoughts or concerns they had. Looking forward to meeting you all in the next few months.

blib111188

New

Re: Michigan State Class of '14

Post by blib111188 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:21 am

I'm coming over from Boston, where I've always lived and gone to school. My buddy that went to MSU said Chandlers Crossing is an ok play to live but it can be loud at times

Flanker1127

New

Post by Flanker1127 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:36 pm

I'm coming over from CT. I heard the same thing about Chandler Crossing. I looked more towards the southern part of campus. I would look past Berrytree as they are too close to the train tracks. I decided on Knob Hill. Club Meridian, which is close to Knob Hill was my second choice, although I had limited options as I have to move in June. You may find more options in August.

Blib: It's nice to know there will be at least one other red sox fan.

reilanrc

New

Post by reilanrc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm

does anyone know if they have started a class of '14 facebook page or if they are planning to?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

f*** UVa

New

Post by f*** UVa » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:00 pm

Do you really not know the diff between Univ of Michigan and Mich St? Or do you not pay attention when you read?

sizzlechest

New

Post by sizzlechest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 am

What is everyone doing before 1L starts?

Any epic adventures or accomplishments?

My next 60 - 90 days are hopefully relaxing and mainly uneventful.

I'm finishing up a graduate degree (last final is in 6 days), attending a wedding soon and I'm in the process of finding a place to live (hopefully near a CATA stop)...relocating to EL/Okemos in June.

Really looking forward to the MSU Law experience.

sizzlechest

New

Post by sizzlechest » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am

reilanrc wrote:Just put in my seat deposit at MSU, didn't see a class of '14 subject yet so I decided to start one. Wondering who else was heading there/where they were looking at for housing/any other thoughts or concerns they had. Looking forward to meeting you all in the next few months.
There is some housing chat here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=300

The consensus during the ASD on March 19 and throughout this site is that your best bet for quiet housing is probably Haslett, Okemos or Old Town Lansing ((--LinkRemoved--)...pricier lofts and renovations).

My research has turned up a large amount of single-family for rent in Lansing but most are far from campus and it looks like more of a hassle than it's worth.

This site will send you a useful relocation packet with basic information on utilities, etc.
http://www.cityofeastlansing.com/StudentResidents/

There is a PDF of housing that the Law School recommends on the admitted candidate site...it's mainly DTN Management properties...they don't have a glowing reputation and appear to dominate the MSU market.

jne381

Platinum

Post by jne381 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Reading some of the posts about MSU, it looks like there will quite a few people being deferred for a year. I wonder what this means for the stats next year and the year after that. I would imagine it will have to push everything up of the incoming classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Flanker1127

New

Post by Flanker1127 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:42 pm

sizzlechest wrote:What is everyone doing before 1L starts?

I'm finishing up a graduate degree (last final is in 6 days), attending a wedding soon and I'm in the process of finding a place to live (hopefully near a CATA stop)...relocating to EL/Okemos in June.

Hey Sizzle,
I'm in a similiar boat. I'm finishing up my degree and moving out to Okemos (Knob Hill Complex) in June, dropping my stuff off, get settled in and then probably just hitting the open road for a month or so. Where are you moving from?

sizzlechest

New

Post by sizzlechest » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Flanker1127 wrote:

Hey Sizzle,
I'm in a similiar boat. I'm finishing up my degree and moving out to Okemos (Knob Hill Complex) in June, dropping my stuff off, get settled in and then probably just hitting the open road for a month or so. Where are you moving from?
I'm moving from NE Ohio.

Where are you road trippin' to?

Flanker1127

New

Post by Flanker1127 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

sizzlechest wrote:
Flanker1127 wrote:

Hey Sizzle,
I'm moving from NE Ohio.

Where are you road trippin' to?
No real destination in mind. Figure I'll head west and stop when I hit the water.

baumga61

New

Post by baumga61 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Hey everyone- I am a 3L at MSU. I currently have a two bedroom apt at the Village in Chandler's Crossing that I am looking for someone to take the lease over for. It is in good condition and is located right next to the clubhouse, pool, and bus stop (which the complex provides passed too and which runs directly to the law school). If you have any interest please contact me at baumga61@msu.edu.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”