Temple Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
arvcondor

Bronze

Re: Temple Class of 2014

Post by arvcondor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 am

Peace of Mind wrote:
arvcondor wrote:I probably won't go to bowling. These mass meet-ups feel a little too unwieldy. Plus I'm trying to eat mushrooms in New York that week. I need to have a mind blowing experience before the mind raping one starts.
nice job putting up negative information about yourself ;)

touche!
Wait, how is this negative?

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:23 am

arvcondor wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
arvcondor wrote:I probably won't go to bowling. These mass meet-ups feel a little too unwieldy. Plus I'm trying to eat mushrooms in New York that week. I need to have a mind blowing experience before the mind raping one starts.
nice job putting up negative information about yourself ;)

touche!
Wait, how is this negative?
i don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but i would never say i was doing mushrooms one week online... even on an anonymous forum lol i was just saying that because a few posts back some of us were talking about not outing ourselves/not putting stuff that's "bad" or could be perceived as bad up incase we're ever outted.

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 am

We've all outed each other already to the four other people still active in this thread. "Bad" things are bitching about other classmates or gloating, not mentioning that one is possibly tripping in New York City. I would categorize that under "good" things.

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 am

arvcondor wrote:We've all outed each other already to the four other people still active in this thread. "Bad" things are bitching about other classmates or gloating, not mentioning that one is possibly tripping in New York City. I would categorize that under "good" things.
lol i guess we have a different definition of "good" then lol to each his own...

i agree people shouldn't bitch about classmates on here... do it in person(if you're going to at all)... don't be a bitch and talk crap online... and gloating is just annoying!

well, i know we all outted ourselves to each other i'm talking more about the randoms who surf this site and the slim possibility that somehow down the road an employer or w/e might read what we write.

I'm just extra cautious i guess...

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:10 am

Peace of Mind wrote:
arvcondor wrote:We've all outed each other already to the four other people still active in this thread. "Bad" things are bitching about other classmates or gloating, not mentioning that one is possibly tripping in New York City. I would categorize that under "good" things.
lol i guess we have a different definition of "good" then lol to each his own...

i agree people shouldn't bitch about classmates on here... do it in person(if you're going to at all)... don't be a bitch and talk crap online... and gloating is just annoying!

well, i know we all outted ourselves to each other i'm talking more about the randoms who surf this site and the slim possibility that somehow down the road an employer or w/e might read what we write.

Oooo....We're hitting just about every third rail possible in this thread...first sex...now drugs...NEXT STOP POLITICS! After politics then we can hit religion and race...then we get to the most important subject...rock and/or roll! Personally I can't wait till our music discussion so I can express all my secretly held tastes in music (pearl jam=overrated!) but thats not for a while yet... If we're not all fast friends by the end of this thread, well then I'd say the smart money is on one of us declaring a fatwa against the others and it all blowing up in our faces...lets hope for the friends result though!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:55 am

x7227 wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:

Oooo....We're hitting just about every third rail possible in this thread...first sex...now drugs...NEXT STOP POLITICS! After politics then we can hit religion and race...then we get to the most important subject...rock and/or roll! Personally I can't wait till our music discussion so I can express all my secretly held tastes in music (pearl jam=overrated!) but thats not for a while yet... If we're not all fast friends by the end of this thread, well then I'd say the smart money is on one of us declaring a fatwa against the others and it all blowing up in our faces...lets hope for the friends result though!
haha when did we ever discuss sex in this thread? i must have missed that lol

too bad two of my favorite subjects are the one's you never discuss with classmates and/or co-workers... religion and politics! (i would like to say i am one of the few people who can have these discussions and not get offended and turn it into a screaming match... most people cannot and it ruins it for me). i don't understand why people can't just have a healthy "educational" discussion about these things. ugh

anyways... down to discuss rock and roll... although i think i have a lot of music in my "music" section of fb so you can probably figure out what i like lol

haha agreed on the fast friends point! :)

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:22 am

Peace of Mind wrote: haha when did we ever discuss sex in this thread? i must have missed that lol

too bad two of my favorite subjects are the one's you never discuss with classmates and/or co-workers... religion and politics! (i would like to say i am one of the few people who can have these discussions and not get offended and turn it into a screaming match... most people cannot and it ruins it for me). i don't understand why people can't just have a healthy "educational" discussion about these things. ugh

anyways... down to discuss rock and roll... although i think i have a lot of music in my "music" section of fb so you can probably figure out what i like lol

I considered the point when Justathough and Condor were about to go all Barry Lyndon over you the sex part. That's about as close to discussing sex with semi-anonymous future classmates over the internet as I'd like to get!

As for religion and politics, everyone says they want to have a healthy educational discussion, but more often than not it devolves into a shouting match when people feel like their core beliefs are being challenged. I mean I love to have good conversations on all topics, especially those which are intellectually stimulating...but I mean 98% of the time its gonna end up with someone shouting and the other person retorting back, "look, I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!"

On to rock and roll. As suggested, I've looked over your fb music...and I will only call you out on one thing...Plain White T's?! C'mon. For someone who professes to be creeped out by stalkerish tendencies, "Hey There Delilah" is like the creeper anthem. The lead singer wrote that song about a girl he met once...at a party...and she already had a boyfriend. Go think about that one for a second.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:43 am

x7227 wrote:
On to rock and roll. As suggested, I've looked over your fb music...and I will only call you out on one thing...Plain White T's?! C'mon. For someone who professes to be creeped out by stalkerish tendencies, "Hey There Delilah" is like the creeper anthem. The lead singer wrote that song about a girl he met once...at a party...and she already had a boyfriend. Go think about that one for a second.
Clearly, the best song in that genre is "867-5309" by Tommy Tutone! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkpGQUflBwU

Catchy, but if you listen to the lyrics, so creepy! :lol:

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am

Justathought wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Clearly, the best song in that genre is "867-5309" by Tommy Tutone! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkpGQUflBwU

Catchy, but if you listen to the lyrics, so creepy! :lol:
Creepy? Really? I mean here I was thinking its normal to troll pull digits from the walls of bathroom stalls...the responses are always so hostile! Now I know, and knowing is half the battle! This thread is so educational!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:16 am

x7227 wrote: I considered the point when Justathough and Condor were about to go all Barry Lyndon over you the sex part.
I want to be clear that I was not the one who brought that up. Also, I have never heard people use this reference before.

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 am

arvcondor wrote:
x7227 wrote: I considered the point when Justathough and Condor were about to go all Barry Lyndon over you the sex part.
I want to be clear that I was not the one who brought that up. Also, I have never heard people use this reference before.
Lol its ok, no need to get so defensive. Its all in jest around here, I think even Peace would agree with that.

As for Barry Lyndon, I don't think its a reference many people would use...Its a movie hardly anyone has seen, and many of those that have started it don't finish. I, on the other hand, think it might be Kubrick's best film overall. Some people think the story drags, but the pacing is so deliberate and purposeful you couldn't have it any other way without ruining the movie. Pacing aside, none of his other films hold a candle to it from a cinematic point of view. Its just shot so perfectly...the way he flattens out the depth of field to make his characters appear as if in a painting, its just brilliant. If any of you guys are cinefiles and you haven't seen Barry Lyndon, you're missing out!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:26 pm

x7227 wrote:
As for Barry Lyndon, I don't think its a reference many people would use...Its a movie hardly anyone has seen, and many of those that have started it don't finish. I, on the other hand, think it might be Kubrick's best film overall. Some people think the story drags, but the pacing is so deliberate and purposeful you couldn't have it any other way without ruining the movie. Pacing aside, none of his other films hold a candle to it from a cinematic point of view. Its just shot so perfectly...the way he flattens out the depth of field to make his characters appear as if in a painting, its just brilliant. If any of you guys are cinefiles and you haven't seen Barry Lyndon, you're missing out!
Oh no; This thread has devolved into a discussion of Barry Lyndon! I can see I shouldn't have made that "pistols at dawn" crack, because now I've doomed us all to the most insufferable torture imaginable. :shock:

Just messin' with you x7227 :lol:

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:58 pm

x7227 wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote: haha when did we ever discuss sex in this thread? i must have missed that lol

I considered the point when Justathough and Condor were about to go all Barry Lyndon over you the sex part. That's about as close to discussing sex with semi-anonymous future classmates over the internet as I'd like to get!

As for religion and politics, everyone says they want to have a healthy educational discussion, but more often than not it devolves into a shouting match when people feel like their core beliefs are being challenged. I mean I love to have good conversations on all topics, especially those which are intellectually stimulating...but I mean 98% of the time its gonna end up with someone shouting and the other person retorting back, "look, I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!"

hahahahaha barry lyndon!!!!! too bad i don't have a dead husband lol i do have to agree with you on discussing that over the internet though lol

everyone does say that... but i am one of the few people who actually means it and practices it lol "look, I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong!"... i don't take this approach... i take that "let's agree to disagree approach" and i only have these conversations with people who take this same approach...

hahahahaha hey there delilah... i knew he wrote it about a girl he met but i did not know the extent of it lmao that should be justathought's anthem :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 pm

arvcondor wrote:
we all know who brought it up... lol

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

x7227 wrote:
arvcondor wrote:
Lol its ok, no need to get so defensive. Its all in jest around here, I think even Peace would agree with that.

haha i do agree lol

justathought's going to come back on here and see he's being called a stalker and called out in general and is going to go into defense mode... like condor did a few posts back but worse lol :)

arvcondor

Bronze

Post by arvcondor » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:24 pm

x7227 wrote:
arvcondor wrote:

As for Barry Lyndon, I don't think its a reference many people would use...Its a movie hardly anyone has seen
We're talking about a Kubrick film, dude, not the deleted scenes from Buffalo 66.

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:57 pm

arvcondor wrote:
x7227 wrote:
arvcondor wrote:

As for Barry Lyndon, I don't think its a reference many people would use...Its a movie hardly anyone has seen
We're talking about a Kubrick film, dude, not the deleted scenes from Buffalo 66.
Its clearly the least well known of the Kubrick Films... And Kubrick Films aren't entirely popular across wide swaths of the population, especially amongst the younger folks. In the arthouse/indie cinema crowd, sure Kubrick is amazing, everyone knows that. However, I'd bet that if you walked down almost any street in Philly, at least 6 in 10 would not have seen Barry Lyndon, and 8 in 10 would not have finished it. Its not an easy movie to finish, especially if you're used to watching "Transformers 7: Geriatric Robots in Disguise". Realize that if you're in a crowd where the majority have seen it, that group likely self-selecting to be predisposed to watching those types of film.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:05 pm

x7227 wrote: Its not an easy movie to finish
I heard watching movies is hard. :roll:

I would suggest that the reason people don't finish Barry Lyndon is because its a mediocre film at best, and in my opinion, easily the second worst of the Kubrick films. This is not me trolling, just my honest opinion.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Peace of Mind wrote:
justathought's going to come back on here and see he's being called a stalker and called out in general and is going to go into defense mode... like condor did a few posts back but worse lol :)
I believe the term I used was "woo", not "stalk." And fine, no wooing or stalking for you, Peace! :lol:

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Justathought wrote:

I would suggest that the reason people don't finish Barry Lyndon is because its a mediocre film at best, and in my opinion, easily the second worst of the Kubrick films. This is not me trolling, just my honest opinion.
That's exactly what a troll would say... I'm on to you justathought...

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:30 pm

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:

That's exactly what a troll would say... I'm on to you justathought...
True, but necessary for trolling does not equal sufficient for trolling.

I just went all LSAT on you! :P

EdiT: Okay, this post contained a bit of trolling! :lol:
Last edited by Justathought on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Oh quick change of topic. I just picked up the stuff I bought from the Brooks Brothers semi-annual sale. I'm in an incredibly good mood thanks to that. :D

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Justathought wrote:Oh quick change of topic. I just picked up the stuff I bought from the Brooks Brothers semi-annual sale. I'm in an incredibly good mood thanks to that. :D
Translation of this quote: "Hey Peace, U Mad?"

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Justathought wrote:
Peace of Mind wrote:
I believe the term I used was "woo", not "stalk." And fine, no wooing or stalking for you, Peace! :lol:
damn!! i was really looking forward to that! lol

i'm going to go eat a tub of ice-cream and watch the notebook now :D

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:07 pm

x7227 wrote:
Justathought wrote:Oh quick change of topic. I just picked up the stuff I bought from the Brooks Brothers semi-annual sale. I'm in an incredibly good mood thanks to that. :D
Translation of this quote: "Hey Peace, U Mad?"

Oh come on dude, you know I was super excited about the sale! :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”