Widener Law School Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Widener Law School Class of 2014

Post by NJcollegestudent » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I will be on the campus for the next three years. Is anyone else attending the university law school?

Hume's_Billiard_Ball

New

Re: Widener Law School Class of 2014

Post by Hume's_Billiard_Ball » Sun May 29, 2011 10:17 am

Hi NJ,
I will also be attending Widener this fall. I was accepted to several law schools, including Michigan State, but got a full ride to Widener. I have a very good friend (JD from Temple 2001) who lives in Wilmington and urged me to apply there. According to him, and several other attorneys I know, getting a full ride trumps going to a school that is one tier higher.
I'm amazed at how opinionated the people who post here are. I looked into their class rankings from 2010 and found that all students within the top 40% earned a 2.80 GPA or higher! Therefore, those people who say the 2.80 stipulation is a setting you up for inevitably losing your scholarship must have very low expectations about their own academic abilities, and are projecting those disappointing predictions onto you.

~AJF

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 am

Hume's_Billiard_Ball wrote:Hi NJ,
I will also be attending Widener this fall. I was accepted to several law schools, including Michigan State, but got a full ride to Widener. I have a very good friend (JD from Temple 2001) who lives in Wilmington and urged me to apply there. According to him, and several other attorneys I know, getting a full ride trumps going to a school that is one tier higher.
I'm amazed at how opinionated the people who post here are. I looked into their class rankings from 2010 and found that all students within the top 40% earned a 2.80 GPA or higher! Therefore, those people who say the 2.80 stipulation is a setting you up for inevitably losing your scholarship must have very low expectations about their own academic abilities, and are projecting those disappointing predictions onto you.

~AJF
Oh my.

Hume's_Billiard_Ball

New

Post by Hume's_Billiard_Ball » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 am

thecilent wrote:

~AJF
Oh my.
"Oh my", indeed.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:13 am

Hume's_Billiard_Ball wrote:
thecilent wrote:

~AJF
Oh my.
"Oh my", indeed.
The fact that you messed up the punctuation like that says it all

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hume's_Billiard_Ball

New

Post by Hume's_Billiard_Ball » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:35 am

Forgetting to put a period in a sentence you're writing to criticize someone's punctuation says plenty too. Don’t you think? :lol:

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 pm

~AJF
the numerical value of the GPA stipulation is irrelevant when grades are handed out on a strict curve, bro.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”