Cornell Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
tigerbunny

New

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Post by tigerbunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:36 am

Ikki wrote:Just called Gannett Health Services, if you're not participating in varsity sports, you don't need a physical. You still need to fill out the health forms (leaving the physical examination portion blank). Talk to Louane, she can confirm the information.(607)255-5155
thanks for sharing!

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:37 am

Is anyone in Ithaca? I'm guessing no, but I got in off reserve last week and I'm driving up by myself tomorrow to visit. Would be nice to grab a beer or something with someone tomorrow night!

thetobes

New

Post by thetobes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Ikki wrote:Just called Gannett Health Services, if you're not participating in varsity sports, you don't need a physical. You still need to fill out the health forms (leaving the physical examination portion blank). Talk to Louane, she can confirm the information.(607)255-5155
Damn, haven't checked tls in awhile... Really wish I would have seen this before I got my physical, had blood drawn and tested, and fulfilled all of the other ridiculous requirements...

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:04 am

thetobes wrote:
Damn, haven't checked tls in awhile... Really wish I would have seen this before I got my physical, had blood drawn and tested, and fulfilled all of the other ridiculous requirements...
+1

orderofthings

New

Post by orderofthings » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Are we actually supposed to email them to confirm that we are attending? I mean...I already sent in both seat deposits haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Yea, email again just in case. Also, if you've created your netID, you also have a working email, apparently. Just opened mine and saw the "forcible touching" email that the Cornell 1L thread was talking about. I thought it was a little funny

alexyoshi

New

Post by alexyoshi » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

is anyone transferring into cornell that needs a place still?

stylus_go

New

Post by stylus_go » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:03 am

tigerbunny wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.
Um, can you share the url to the "Cornell to do list"?
I got off the reserve last week and paid my deposit, but haven't received anything other than the initial acceptance email..
hey tigerbunny, you would probably have looked into the To Do List, but just in case, the link is here: https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/todolist/

And I am also from abroad and Asian. See you all in a few weeks!

tigerbunny

New

Post by tigerbunny » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:35 am

stylus_go wrote:
tigerbunny wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.
I got off the reserve last week and paid my deposit, but haven't received anything other than the initial acceptance email..
hey tigerbunny, you would probably have looked into the To Do List, but just in case, the link is here: https://newstudents.cornell.edu/grad/todolist/

Yup, I've seen the To Do List and I'm working on the forms now.
when are you moving to Ithaca? are you staying in Hughes?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:39 am

Has anyone else's health history form not updated to complete despite their physician supposedly sending it out in June?

stylus_go

New

Post by stylus_go » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:50 am

tigerbunny wrote:
stylus_go wrote:
tigerbunny wrote:

Yup, I've seen the To Do List and I'm working on the forms now.
when are you moving to Ithaca? are you staying in Hughes?
Early August. Nope, I am not staying in Hughes.

stylus_go

New

Post by stylus_go » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:54 am

Arbiter213 wrote:Has anyone else's health history form not updated to complete despite their physician supposedly sending it out in June?
Mine is not updated to complete yet even though they received it last month. I called the office a few hours ago, and they said my file has not been fully reviewed and the status will be updated in a few days. You might want to call the office and ask if everything is in order.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:45 pm

My health form isn't being sent until Friday. oops

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:My health form isn't being sent until Friday. oops

Pretty sure that means you're not allowed to take the bar. Sorry brah. :wink:

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:30 pm

PinkCow wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:My health form isn't being sent until Friday. oops

Pretty sure that means you're not allowed to take the bar. Sorry brah. :wink:
They don't call it Character and Fitness for nothing. 8)

froggymc

New

Post by froggymc » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Last edited by froggymc on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:39 pm

hey I actually have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for an ear thing. haven't had a chance to check out the health forms but if any of you guys could give me a quick rundown on anything I might need from him (immunization record etc) it would save me multiple trips to his office. And want to clarify that if you aren't playing sports you don't need a physical.

thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TR Fan

New

Post by TR Fan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:54 pm

FlanAl wrote:hey I actually have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow for an ear thing. haven't had a chance to check out the health forms but if any of you guys could give me a quick rundown on anything I might need from him (immunization record etc) it would save me multiple trips to his office. And want to clarify that if you aren't playing sports you don't need a physical.

thanks
You do not need the physical if you aren't playing sports. I submitted my Gannet Health History Form over a month ago, sans physical, and so far I haven't had any issues.

Your current physician can sign your form to verify any immunizations that he/she administered. In my case however, I sent Gannet photocopies of official documentation from past immunizations, most of which were years old (i.e., I've been able to complete all of my Cornell health paperwork without having to see a doctor specifically for that purpose).

Note that if you don't still have records of some vaccinations, such as those you received as a young child, your doctor can conduct a simple blood test to verify whether you're immune (in this case, their signature is required on the Gannet form). Remember too that Cornell only requires that you've been vaccinated for MMR and tetanus (also meningitis, though I think you can get a waiver out of that...?).

Good luck!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:29 pm

TR Fan wrote: Remember too that Cornell only requires that you've been vaccinated for MMR and tetanus (also meningitis, though I think you can get a waiver out of that...?).

Good luck!
You just need to sign a place on the form to opt out of the meningitis one.

Gigaton Punch

New

Post by Gigaton Punch » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Does anyone know if any big firms come to OCI, as opposed to the August Job Fair? and if so, which ones?

afghan007

Bronze

Post by afghan007 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:34 pm

Gigaton Punch wrote:Does anyone know if any big firms come to OCI, as opposed to the August Job Fair? and if so, which ones?
This year, Skadden is coming to OCI, but not AJF. Weil will also be at OCI, but is also at AJF. Beyond that, there are mostly mid to small size firms from Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo at OCI rather than AJF.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 pm

For those that don't know:

https://support.law.cornell.edu/student ... hedule.pdf

Sections in two weeks.

theturkeyisfat

Bronze

Post by theturkeyisfat » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:32 am

Arbiter213 wrote:For those that don't know:

https://support.law.cornell.edu/student ... hedule.pdf

Sections in two weeks.
i'm excited.

Light

Bronze

Post by Light » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Apparently, housing at Hughes is full - but there was no way to know that unless you call. So I guess I should start looking for off-campus housing. My main priority is being as close as possible to the school so I don't have to walk far there. I'm from Florida so I'm probably extra-cold sensitive. I hear upper Collegetown is closest - particularly Dryden? I'm gunna cry lol I wanted to live on campus :( fuuuuuuuuuuu

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Light wrote:Apparently, housing at Hughes is full - but there was no way to know that unless you call. So I guess I should start looking for off-campus housing. My main priority is being as close as possible to the school so I don't have to walk far there. I'm from Florida so I'm probably extra-cold sensitive. I hear upper Collegetown is closest - particularly Dryden? I'm gunna cry lol I wanted to live on campus :( fuuuuuuuuuuu
Anywhere in collegetown is on-campus. And trust me, not getting into Hughes is a blessing in disguise.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”