Cornell Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Light

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Post by Light » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 pm

mths wrote:
Light wrote:Apparently, housing at Hughes is full - but there was no way to know that unless you call. So I guess I should start looking for off-campus housing. My main priority is being as close as possible to the school so I don't have to walk far there. I'm from Florida so I'm probably extra-cold sensitive. I hear upper Collegetown is closest - particularly Dryden? I'm gunna cry lol I wanted to live on campus :( fuuuuuuuuuuu
Anywhere in collegetown is on-campus. And trust me, not getting into Hughes is a blessing in disguise.

Meh, 311 Dryden Rd where a substantial amount of law students stay appears to be full. There's a place on 301 Dryden but apparently it barely it's community style bathrooms - plus they want 12 month lease. The couple other places I see nearby want a large rent and 12 month leases >_> Any recommendations?

Off-topic: Just reverse image searched your avatar to see who that was..Jordana Brewster? I haven't heard of her o.o

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Light wrote:
mths wrote:
Light wrote:Apparently, housing at Hughes is full - but there was no way to know that unless you call. So I guess I should start looking for off-campus housing. My main priority is being as close as possible to the school so I don't have to walk far there. I'm from Florida so I'm probably extra-cold sensitive. I hear upper Collegetown is closest - particularly Dryden? I'm gunna cry lol I wanted to live on campus :( fuuuuuuuuuuu
Anywhere in collegetown is on-campus. And trust me, not getting into Hughes is a blessing in disguise.

Meh, 311 Dryden Rd where a substantial amount of law students stay appears to be full. There's a place on 301 Dryden but apparently it barely it's community style bathrooms - plus they want 12 month lease. The couple other places I see nearby want a large rent and 12 month leases >_> Any recommendations?

Off-topic: Just reverse image searched your avatar to see who that was..Jordana Brewster? I haven't heard of her o.o
All the leases will be 12 months and if you want to live in collegetown they will all be 1000+ unless you find like 3 roommates. Just how the cookie crumbles in Shithaca.

Light

Bronze

Post by Light » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:27 pm

mths wrote:
Light wrote:
mths wrote:

All the leases will be 12 months and if you want to live in collegetown they will all be 1000+ unless you find like 3 roommates. Just how the cookie crumbles in Shithaca.

Great, I hear there are shuttles that'll take you to the schools if you live further? How often do they run?

whatchoicetomake

New

Post by whatchoicetomake » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:11 pm

Last edited by whatchoicetomake on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ostrizr316

New

Post by Ostrizr316 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Light wrote:
mths wrote:

Creepy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Ostrizr316 wrote:
Light wrote:
mths wrote:

Creepy.
:lol:

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 pm

anyone else pumped on going to gq's douchiest college? http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/2 ... 11#slide=1

tbf i heard way worse things about cornell on tls before read this so i found it kinda tame and reasonably funny

theturkeyisfat

Bronze

Post by theturkeyisfat » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 pm

FlanAl wrote:anyone else pumped on going to gq's douchiest college? http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/2 ... 11#slide=1

tbf i heard way worse things about cornell on tls before read this so i found it kinda tame and reasonably funny
#1 baby

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:26 pm

FlanAl wrote:anyone else pumped on going to gq's douchiest college? http://www.gq.com/entertainment/humor/2 ... 11#slide=1
It's how I know that I made the right choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Well, this is a bummer. I was hoping for Hughes, just because I'm scared about finding an apartment in three weeks.

Anyone looking for a roommate?

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:40 am

Would any of you who are already in Ithaca be interested on going gorge-jumping today around 3? You bring a swimsuit, maybe some beer, bask in the sun, and jump off the rocks into the reservoir. Reply here or text me, 859-396-0558.

theturkeyisfat

Bronze

Post by theturkeyisfat » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:29 pm

When does it become too cold for gorge jumping?

vexion

Bronze

Post by vexion » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:42 pm

theturkeyisfat wrote:When does it become too cold for gorge jumping?
October.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:53 pm

vexion wrote:Would any of you who are already in Ithaca be interested on going gorge-jumping today around 3? You bring a swimsuit, maybe some beer, bask in the sun, and jump off the rocks into the reservoir. Reply here or text me, 859-396-0558.
No one is interested

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:54 pm

vexion wrote:Would any of you who are already in Ithaca be interested on going gorge-jumping today around 3? You bring a swimsuit, maybe some beer, bask in the sun, and jump off the rocks into the reservoir. Reply here or text me, 859-396-0558.
texted u

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
texted u
:lol:

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Schedules just popped up for the 2Ls and 3Ls. Your schedules **may** be up at the same site. Go to the law school's registrar site, click on my information, then click on My Schedule. See if there is anything there for 1Ls yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm

CyLaw wrote:Schedules just popped up for the 2Ls and 3Ls. Your schedules **may** be up at the same site. Go to the law school's registrar site, click on my information, then click on My Schedule. See if there is anything there for 1Ls yet.
Nothing for us yet. :(

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Schedules just popped up for the 2Ls and 3Ls. Your schedules **may** be up at the same site. Go to the law school's registrar site, click on my information, then click on My Schedule. See if there is anything there for 1Ls yet.
It will probably pop up on friday if last year is an indicator then.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
It will probably pop up on friday if last year is an indicator then.
I just want to know if I get to sleep in that extra hour on Thursdays and Fridays. Also which books to buy, but mostly whether I get to sleep in.

FlanAl

Silver

Post by FlanAl » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 am

anyone know if we get our loan in time to buy books etc.? I heard that it varies by school.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

theturkeyisfat

Bronze

Post by theturkeyisfat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:40 pm

schedules are up!

i got the extra hour of sleep :)

Asleep

New

Post by Asleep » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Me too, anyone else in Section B?

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Asleep wrote:Me too, anyone else in Section B?
How do we know what section we're in?Never mind section A! Either way, I get to sleep in and got a prof named Buble. Ohhhh yeahhhh

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Any current students want to chime in with tips on the following professors:
Mooney for lawyering
Clermont for civpro
Frakes for torts
Eisenberg for contracts
Johnson for conlaw

Also, do older students hang on to their books to resell them to incoming class by any chance, or do we need to get our stuff online?

thanks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”