Cornell Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Skyhook

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2014

Post by Skyhook » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:10 am

Cornell is really starting to get on my fucking nerves with all this paperwork. Now I have to get a physical and get my doctor to fill out paperwork to send to Cornell disclosing aspects of my examination? This is goddamn ridiculous. Plus I have to file an appeal not to buy their shitty health insurance.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:52 am

Bildungsroman wrote:Cornell is really starting to get on my fucking nerves with all this paperwork. Now I have to get a physical and get my doctor to fill out paperwork to send to Cornell disclosing aspects of my examination? This is goddamn ridiculous. Plus I have to file an appeal not to buy their shitty health insurance.
I haven't even looked at the forms yet. They really want a fucking physical?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:09 am

Ikki wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:Cornell is really starting to get on my fucking nerves with all this paperwork. Now I have to get a physical and get my doctor to fill out paperwork to send to Cornell disclosing aspects of my examination? This is goddamn ridiculous. Plus I have to file an appeal not to buy their shitty health insurance.
Go check out the health form. It's due June 15th, too.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:19 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Ikki wrote:
I thought I'd realized this late when I saw it a couple weeks ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:21 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Ikki wrote:
I thought I'd realized this late when I saw it a couple weeks ago.
Yeah, I've been working on other stuff for Cornell but haven't been able to schedule time with a doctor yet. Doing that tomorrow and hoping I can get in soon. Obviously I'm going to miss the June 15th deadline but these things happen.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 am

I'm not convinced that stuff has to get done.. I definitely turned in things incredibly late. I didn't actually turn in the Dean's Certification until like at least a month into the semester. Still do it, but relax if you don't make a deadline perfectly.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:45 am

holybartender wrote:I'm not convinced that stuff has to get done.. I definitely turned in things incredibly late. I didn't actually turn in the Dean's Certification until like at least a month into the semester. Still do it, but relax if you don't make a deadline perfectly.
That's the sense I had gotten.

Fortunately I'm STILL at my UG (2 finals left) so I could get both the dean's cert and physical done easily.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
holybartender wrote:I'm not convinced that stuff has to get done.. I definitely turned in things incredibly late. I didn't actually turn in the Dean's Certification until like at least a month into the semester. Still do it, but relax if you don't make a deadline perfectly.

Fortunately I'm STILL at my UG (2 finals left) so I could get both the dean's cert and physical done easily.
Do you attend a UC?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:28 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:

Haha I still need to get the dean's cert done, and it should be interesting. When I tried to get a dean's cert filled out for my Stanford app my dean's office refused to recognize what it was, sent me to a department office, who sent me to an advisor, etc.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Ikki wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

Do you attend a UC?
Quarter system, but private, not a uc.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
Ikki wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

Do you attend a UC?
Quarter system, but private, not a uc.
Quarter system here as well, two more finals to go!

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Suckers, I've been graduated for weeks. :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:55 pm

I had to get 2 shots

have fun

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:25 pm

There's no way I'm submitting all that crap in 10 days. I might just "forget" to turn in all those forms, unless they e-mail me or send me a written notice.

holybartender

Bronze

Post by holybartender » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:54 pm

mths wrote:
I had to get 2 shots

have fun
This is because you aren't from civilization.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:09 pm

mths wrote:
I had to get 2 shots

have fun
To be fair, it's expensive for those of us from a real country to visit a doctor, so I'm not surprised my medical records aren't up to snuff. I haven't been to a doctor for maybe 8 years, guess now is as good a time as any to catch up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tigerbunny

New

Post by tigerbunny » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 pm

95% sure I'll attend Cornell, even if it's at sticker.
BU offered $20,000 per year for guaranteed three years.
Still on the waitlist for Michigan, but not getting my hopes up.
What do you guys think about giving up BU? (although you've already chosen Cornell so you're likely to be biased, hehe)

Just got off the reserve on Wednesday, so no idea about all the paperwork/ housing yet.

Anyone here coming from abroad? Any fellow Asians in class of 2014?

09nlm

New

Post by 09nlm » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:36 pm

tigerbunny wrote:95% sure I'll attend Cornell, even if it's at sticker.
What do you guys think about giving up BU? (although you've already chosen Cornell so you're likely to be biased, hehe)

Just got off the reserve on Wednesday, so no idea about all the paperwork/ housing yet.

Also in off reserve! My other option is BU, but both will be at sticker. Love Boston and I want to be here after law school, but I'm trying to decide if Cornell is worth the additional $$$ and giving up an urban lifestyle. Couldn't be more torn...

tigerbunny

New

Post by tigerbunny » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 am

09nlm wrote:
BU offered $20,000 per year guaranteed for three years.

Also in off reserve! My other option is BU, but both will be at sticker. Love Boston and I want to be here after law school, but I'm trying to decide if Cornell is worth the additional $$$ and giving up an urban lifestyle. Couldn't be more torn...
Yeah.. all of my friends have been raving about what a great city Boston is, and I'm used to an urban lifestyle too.
But I like the small class size, Ivy League status (haha can't help being Asian!), and Cornell just seems to be a slightly better school.
And was persuaded by what the Dean said in some interview.. that when I become a lawyer, I'll be working in an urban environment again and I would probably never have a chance to live somewhere non-urban ever again in my life, so might as well. :)

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 pm

09nlm wrote:

Unless you're dead set on Boston (or are a Boston native), paying extra at Cornell for the chance at biglaw sounds reasonable. If you can't give up the urban lifestyle, I would say BU all the way, less debt too!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 pm

holybartender wrote:
mths wrote:
I had to get 2 shots

have fun
This is because you aren't from civilization.
bitch

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:28 pm

Just called Gannett Health Services, if you're not participating in varsity sports, you don't need a physical. You still need to fill out the health forms (leaving the physical examination portion blank). Talk to Louane, she can confirm the information.(607)255-5155

tigerbunny

New

Post by tigerbunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:33 am

hellohello wrote:has everyone already figured out housing?
i just got accepted off of reserve and i'm not 100% sure where i'll be going, but i wanted to see what housing options i had.
I got off reserve last week! I'm pretty sure I'm going, but there seems to be a wide range of options..
I read on the Facebook group that you can still find housing if you visit in early August, and that's what I'll do.
I'm coming in from abroad and I don't want to sign a lease until I'm physically there and have seen the place.

tigerbunny

New

Post by tigerbunny » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:35 am

Skyhook wrote:Got a letter from the IT office with my access info today. (Never received anything by text message.)
Logging on to the "Cornell To Do List" site also gave me a message with my NetID.
Um, can you share the url to the "Cornell to do list"?
I got off the reserve last week and paid my deposit, but haven't received anything other than the initial acceptance email..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”