UNC Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
skw

Bronze

Re: UNC Class of 2014

Post by skw » Thu May 05, 2011 6:43 pm

beccabea wrote:So how long between paying the second deposit and getting the Facebook invite?
My wait was a few weeks, but I paid the 2nd deposit early and I don't think they had the group up yet then. It is probably faster now, but I'd expect to wait at least a few days from whenever they process your payment.

beccabea

Bronze

Post by beccabea » Fri May 06, 2011 1:45 pm

Apparently Miss Kott is on vacation. So no Facebook invites 'til she gets back.

How many people have joined the group so far, S?

JDCsoccer7

New

Post by JDCsoccer7 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Bummer...I just sent my 2nd deposit in..

kTXe

New

Post by kTXe » Fri May 06, 2011 2:28 pm

beccabea wrote:Apparently Miss Kott is on vacation. So no Facebook invites 'til she gets back.

How many people have joined the group so far, S?
Last I looked there were almost 80.

beccabea

Bronze

Post by beccabea » Fri May 06, 2011 4:23 pm

That's exciting. Is anyone posting anything? Any threads going yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Fri May 06, 2011 6:06 pm

beccabea wrote:That's exciting. Is anyone posting anything? Any threads going yet?
So far there have been 2 posts on housing opportunities (houses with upperclassmen moving out) and 1 post about renting parking spaces near the school. I emailed about the parking thing and didn't hear back from whoever posted though.

You're not missing much so far...

beccabea

Bronze

Post by beccabea » Sat May 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Apparently we won't be making it to UNC next year, you guys. All this work and waiting for nothing. Sad day. :(

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136053462 ... c=fb&cc=fp

JDCsoccer7

New

Post by JDCsoccer7 » Mon May 09, 2011 4:59 pm

So maybe Im missing the obvious, but for those of you who aren't recent UNC undergrad alums, how do you get your med form? I can't find it on my.UNC.edu. And it won't allow me to log onto my.law.UNC.edu....sooo what am I missing?

tvt86

New

Post by tvt86 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:15 pm

JDCsoccer7 wrote:So maybe Im missing the obvious, but for those of you who aren't recent UNC undergrad alums, how do you get your med form? I can't find it on my.UNC.edu. And it won't allow me to log onto my.law.UNC.edu....sooo what am I missing?
I'm struggling with that same issue.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Tue May 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Did you guys vote for UNC on the ATL Law Revue Video Contest?

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/05/law-revu ... finalists/

somewherewarm

New

Post by somewherewarm » Thu May 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Are you guys able to log onto My Carolina Law? I know I definitely can not. I also tried to view my financial aid info after receiving (what I'm assuming was) the mass email about students being unable to view their aid packages and I can't view that either. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Thu May 12, 2011 6:47 pm

I spent a few minutes today trying to hunt down the medical form. I got to 'almost' what I think was the right place, decided I was frustrated and shut 'er down. I'm going to wait until I get some instructions, or at least a link of some kind off the Admitted Students page.

I did make a tiny bit of progress on another front though. I pinged Admissions to ask where/to whom my official transcript should be sent. Jennifer K responded to have it sent to:
The University of North Carolina School of Law at Chapel Hill
Van Hecke-Wettach Hall
Campus Box 3380
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3380

She didn't say to send it to her attention, but I may do so, just to be on the safe side since I know she'll know why I'm sending it since she responded to my inquiry within 2 minutes of me sending it.

On a new topic, I'm curious how everyone's UNC email is working. I can log in and send email from my UNC account using my Onyen, but I cannot receive any email at the UNC address...Is it just me? Am I doing something wrong here? How does one even 'do' email wrong? Hmmmmm. Technology seems to be challenging at Carolina. Hopefully these are just growing pains with the systems they're switching out.

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Thu May 12, 2011 6:48 pm

somewherewarm wrote:Are you guys able to log onto My Carolina Law? I know I definitely can not. I also tried to view my financial aid info after receiving (what I'm assuming was) the mass email about students being unable to view their aid packages and I can't view that either. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.
No dice for me on logging into this either. Sigh....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Thu May 12, 2011 6:58 pm

skw wrote:
somewherewarm wrote:Are you guys able to log onto My Carolina Law? I know I definitely can not. I also tried to view my financial aid info after receiving (what I'm assuming was) the mass email about students being unable to view their aid packages and I can't view that either. Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.
skw-- Have you gotten any notice of aid? Any new emails? I haven't so I wanted to check.

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Thu May 12, 2011 7:06 pm

DeeCee wrote:
skw wrote:
skw-- Have you gotten any notice of aid? Any new emails? I haven't so I wanted to check.
UhUh. Crickets :?

DeadLaw

New

Post by DeadLaw » Thu May 12, 2011 11:19 pm

During the ASD on the 15th Dean States said that incoming students will not gain access to My Carolina Law until about the third week of June. He said that they remove all of tr outgoing 3Ls before adding the incoming class.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Thu May 12, 2011 11:21 pm

DeadLaw wrote:
During the ASD on the 15th Dean States said that incoming students will not gain access to My Carolina Law until about the third week of June. He said that they remove all of tr outgoing 3Ls before adding the incoming class.
Now that you mention it, I remember hearing this as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

somewherewarm

New

Post by somewherewarm » Fri May 13, 2011 12:48 am

Moral_Midgetry wrote:
DeadLaw wrote:
Now that you mention it, I remember hearing this as well.
Thank you very much for letting me know that. I didn't get a chance to make it to the ASD but what Dean States said makes sense. For those of you who did make it to UNC's ASD what did you think?

scruffs mcguff

Bronze

Post by scruffs mcguff » Sat May 14, 2011 10:18 am

Hey everyone, I need some advice. I'm looking for housing now and found a place I like but have some reservations. How important are conveniences like a dishwasher and washer/dryer to you all? Everywhere I've lived after undergrad has had these and I'm worried it will just be an inconvenience to not have them when I'm going to be so busy. But I really like the place except for it missing these conveniences. I'd appreciate any and all opinions either way. Thanks!

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Sat May 14, 2011 3:08 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:Hey everyone, I need some advice. I'm looking for housing now and found a place I like but have some reservations. How important are conveniences like a dishwasher and washer/dryer to you all? Everywhere I've lived after undergrad has had these and I'm worried it will just be an inconvenience to not have them when I'm going to be so busy. But I really like the place except for it missing these conveniences. I'd appreciate any and all opinions either way. Thanks!
IMO lack of a washer/dryer won't be that big of a deal. Assuming you have a decent amount of clothes, you can buy extra socks and underwear and spend an hour and a half every two weeks at a laundry-mat and be good to go. The lack of a dishwasher would give me pause, but I am into cooking and make dinner (real dinner with lots of pots and pans) every night. If you plan to cook a lot you will want a dishwasher. If you're planning to eat take-out, frozen food, etc., then you can hand wash the few dirty dishes you'll generate without investing too much time. Keep in mind that you should hand wash dishes daily (or at least rinse them off), or you may end up with bugs or worse.

DeadLaw

New

Post by DeadLaw » Tue May 17, 2011 6:50 pm

My connect Carolina was updated with my financial aid info (scholarship wasn't there, but I wasn't expecting that per Dean States email). I received an email earlier in the day informing me that this was available, so I just wanted to pass this along to those that may not be getting emails.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 pm

scruffs mcguff wrote:Hey everyone, I need some advice. I'm looking for housing now and found a place I like but have some reservations. How important are conveniences like a dishwasher and washer/dryer to you all? Everywhere I've lived after undergrad has had these and I'm worried it will just be an inconvenience to not have them when I'm going to be so busy. But I really like the place except for it missing these conveniences. I'd appreciate any and all opinions either way. Thanks!
Living in an apartment without washer, dryer, dishwasher, and A/C, for the past two years, I can say without a doubt I will not be renting a place without these things. I spend so much time doing dishes right now because I cook so much at home. In fact, this is mine and my SO's biggest complaint is that we constantly have to do dishes. Also, laundry is hugely inconvenient to do when you have to drive 10 miles to do it, although I'm sure in CH laundromats will be closer.
Last edited by DeeCee on Tue May 17, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solotee

Bronze

Post by solotee » Tue May 17, 2011 7:30 pm

I lived without a dishwasher and washer/dryer for the first year of law school without a problem. I just bought plastic plates & spoons and never had to wash the dishes. Also I walked to the laundry once a week, it wasn't bad at all.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Wed May 18, 2011 1:14 am

solotee wrote:
I lived without a dishwasher and washer/dryer for the first year of law school without a problem. I just bought plastic plates & spoons and never had to wash the dishes. Also I walked to the laundry once a week, it wasn't bad at all.
I can't believe people actually live without a dishwasher and washer/dryer. Then again, I'm lazy.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed May 18, 2011 1:18 am

DeadLaw wrote:My connect Carolina was updated with my financial aid info (scholarship wasn't there, but I wasn't expecting that per Dean States email). I received an email earlier in the day informing me that this was available, so I just wanted to pass this along to those that may not be getting emails.
Thanks! My fin aid posted, too. How do I get Grad Plus loans?? I only show the unsub/sub amounts.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”