CU - Boulder class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
queenlizzie13

Silver

Re: CU - Boulder class of 2014

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:18 pm

On a side note from loan talk - anyone still looking for a roommate?

Pm me if you are. I tried looking at my loans today but I realized I completely forgot my login information.

nathan.

New

Post by nathan. » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm

yeah same can someone just find me an apartment? affordable and in a happening part of Boulder please. hahaha.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm sitting in the Denver Airport right now on my way home from finding somewhere to live next fall. So now I've got that squared away. There wasn't a lot to pick from, so I'd try to do it as soon as you can. It ended up being a little more expensive than I was hoping for, but it's a really nice place.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:50 am

congrats, ledique!! feels good to be able to picture where you'll be for the next year or so! (at least it does for me :) )

LawSchoolPorFavor

Bronze

Post by LawSchoolPorFavor » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:34 am

Did anyone else ask for the cost of a new laptop to be included in their financial aid package? The fin aid office told me that I could request an increase in loans to cover the cost, but didn't say what I needed to do to formally start the process. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boilerup89

Bronze

Post by boilerup89 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:51 am

Maury Levy wrote:
LeDique wrote:
oldhippie wrote:just FYI, and i may be getting ahead of myself here, but i was poking around the CU link and my CU info pages and was able to find where my student loan amounts were and accept/decline the ones i did and didn't want. oh, and i learned about the need for an MPN (which y'all probably already knew) and was able to get that done and sent to CU. progress!!
Was your scholarship included in there? Mine doesn't appear to be.
Mine wasn't. I'm not going to fret unless it's not there after we're given instructions on managing financial aid.
Mine wasn't included either. I called the financial aid office and was told that most of the scholarships had not been transferred from the law school to the main fin aid office. So check back in a few weeks.

boilerup89

Bronze

Post by boilerup89 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:52 am

LeDique wrote:I'm sitting in the Denver Airport right now on my way home from finding somewhere to live next fall. So now I've got that squared away. There wasn't a lot to pick from, so I'd try to do it as soon as you can. It ended up being a little more expensive than I was hoping for, but it's a really nice place.
Where did you end up if you wouldn't mind me asking?

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:29 pm

boilerup89 wrote:
LeDique wrote:I'm sitting in the Denver Airport right now on my way home from finding somewhere to live next fall. So now I've got that squared away. There wasn't a lot to pick from, so I'd try to do it as soon as you can. It ended up being a little more expensive than I was hoping for, but it's a really nice place.
Where did you end up if you wouldn't mind me asking?
Sending you a PM in the interest of privacy.

Maury Levy

New

Post by Maury Levy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:27 pm

nathan. wrote:yeah same can someone just find me an apartment? affordable and in a happening part of Boulder please. hahaha.
I'm still hunting. I'm heading over a week from tomorrow. Been scrounging CL ads and the forum the law school has for weeks. Pretty tough to get too excited about a place, let alone locking one down, without seeing it in person.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

boilerup89

Bronze

Post by boilerup89 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Maury Levy wrote:
nathan. wrote:yeah same can someone just find me an apartment? affordable and in a happening part of Boulder please. hahaha.
I'm still hunting. I'm heading over a week from tomorrow. Been scrounging CL ads and the forum the law school has for weeks. Pretty tough to get too excited about a place, let alone locking one down, without seeing it in person.
Yeah same here. Luckily I have a friend at CU helping me and checking places out.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Maury Levy wrote:
padmapper.com was what I mainly used. It puts the CL ads on a map, basically.

I looked at a bunch of the BPMCo's places along E College Ave, but decided not to live there. Short version: they all seemed like fairly decent options, but they only had a few left with early enough move in dates. I can give you more info on those if anyone wants.

Maury Levy

New

Post by Maury Levy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 pm

LeDique wrote:
Maury Levy wrote:
padmapper.com was what I mainly used. It puts the CL ads on a map, basically.

I looked at a bunch of the BPMCo's places along E College Ave, but decided not to live there. Short version: they all seemed like fairly decent options, but they only had a few left with early enough move in dates. I can give you more info on those if anyone wants.
Was your aim solely at a place for yourself? I'm more leaning towards jumping into an existing situation. Seems like there's more opportunities and potential to land a great place if I can deal with a roommate(s). It should be cheaper too.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah, I wanted to live alone for next year at least for a variety of reasons. The only real disadvantage there is cost, so I have to make up for it otherwise.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Maury Levy

New

Post by Maury Levy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks for the tip on padmapper. Checked it out a bit, and I think it'll be useful. I'll dive a bit deeper into it's functionality tonight.

Work blocks CL. :roll: :twisted:

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:33 pm

LawSchoolPorFavor wrote:Did anyone else ask for the cost of a new laptop to be included in their financial aid package? The fin aid office told me that I could request an increase in loans to cover the cost, but didn't say what I needed to do to formally start the process. Anyone else in a similar boat?
I emailed financial aid about this a few weeks ago. They sent me a form that you complete and send back, but they never said when it had to be completed by. I haven't really followed through to figure out more information, because I am debating even doing it now.

burnside_1

New

Post by burnside_1 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:44 pm

I thought I would chime in b/c I'll be joining all of you this fall :). I need to fly out there and find a place. I'll look through the thread first to see if my questions have already been asked/answered. I hope all of you are doing well.

-Irfan

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:21 pm

burnside_1 wrote:I thought I would chime in b/c I'll be joining all of you this fall :). I need to fly out there and find a place. I'll look through the thread first to see if my questions have already been asked/answered. I hope all of you are doing well.

-Irfan
Happy to hear you're joining us at CU! Let me know if you need any help finding a place (i.e. resources). I recently found a place, so I've already been through the housing search process. Looking through this thread as well as the CU Boulder 2011 thread will probably answer most questions you have as well as questions you didn't know you had, haha. If you have any questions let me (us) know!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Anybody going into the joint JD/MS environmental science degree? Environmental law for these beautiful rocky mountains? 8)

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:59 pm

coldshoulder wrote:Anybody going into the joint JD/MS environmental science degree? Environmental law for these beautiful rocky mountains? 8)
I was initially going to, but I came to the conclusion that it isn't worth the extra year's tuition considering I'm not entirely certain what type of law I want to do for a career.

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 am

To those of you who have visited and can remember (my memory has faded), what is the power supply situation in the classrooms? I am shopping for a new laptop and I want to know how big a premium I need to put on battery life. Ideally there is accessable power that I can plug into and I wont have to spend the extra money for extended life (or extra) batteries.

rekopter

New

Post by rekopter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 am

ptblazer wrote:To those of you who have visited and can remember (my memory has faded), what is the power supply situation in the classrooms? I am shopping for a new laptop and I want to know how big a premium I need to put on battery life. Ideally there is accessable power that I can plug into and I wont have to spend the extra money for extended life (or extra) batteries.
There is accessible power at every seat in every classroom and every chair in the library.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ptblazer

Bronze

Post by ptblazer » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am

rekopter wrote:
ptblazer wrote:To those of you who have visited and can remember (my memory has faded), what is the power supply situation in the classrooms? I am shopping for a new laptop and I want to know how big a premium I need to put on battery life. Ideally there is accessable power that I can plug into and I wont have to spend the extra money for extended life (or extra) batteries.
There is accessible power at every seat in every classroom and every chair in the library.
haha, well that solves that problem. Thanks!

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi! Was traveling, so haven't said hello in a while --
Just FYI for people looking at housing -- I decided to live in Gold Run with roommates, 10 min. walk from the Law Building. I also know Boulder pretty well, so I can help with questions!

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:15 pm

bananeez wrote:Hi! Was traveling, so haven't said hello in a while --
Just FYI for people looking at housing -- I decided to live in Gold Run with roommates, 10 min. walk from the Law Building. I also know Boulder pretty well, so I can help with questions!
bananeez!!! missed ya! hope the travels went well and you're having a good summer :)

bananeez

Bronze

Post by bananeez » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 pm

oldhippie wrote:
bananeez wrote:Hi! Was traveling, so haven't said hello in a while --
bananeez!!! missed ya! hope the travels went well and you're having a good summer :)
Aw! Missed you too!! When do you move to Boulder?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”