Loyola Law School Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
NoleinNY

Silver

Re: Loyola Law School Class of 2014

Post by NoleinNY » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm

chimp wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:Fun fact, apparently is #2 in LA and #25 in the country in terms of partners in NLJ100 firms. What does his mean? Not much, except that we have a decent alumni network.
and large class sizes.
Yes, it does.

Speaking of classes: I am selling my 1L books!!!
I have Crim Law Glanon (Levenson), Property Law Gilberts guide (helpful for Trisolini), Contracts casebook (Farnsworth), Con Law e&e, Crim Law casebook (led &harris)

PM me if any of you need those books!

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 am

Any of these books recommended for section 1 people?

NoleinNY

Silver

Post by NoleinNY » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:44 am

gothamm wrote:Any of these books recommended for section 1 people?
I pm-Ed you about the books. I might be able to help on a few.

thepete

New

Post by thepete » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:30 pm

What about for D2 section? Should we get the recommended books?
I have prof Levenson (crim law), Ides (Civ Pro), Brain (contracts), Selmi (torts).
Also how are these professors??

Thanks!

chenalex

New

Post by chenalex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:05 pm

dtl wrote:Did anyone here get in off the waitlist or know anyone who has?
Me. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go, but I'm a little late in the game in getting to know everybody and hanging out pre-orientation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:24 pm

chenalex wrote:
Me. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go, but I'm a little late in the game in getting to know everybody and hanging out pre-orientation.
all that stuff is irrelevant. you should probably go, if its where you want to be. its not like you got the phone call a week after classes started...

chenalex

New

Post by chenalex » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 pm

gothamm wrote:
chenalex wrote:
all that stuff is irrelevant. you should probably go, if its where you want to be. its not like you got the phone call a week after classes started...
True. Besides I don't need law school friends, I already have plenty. :wink:

Anyways, when exactly is orientation? The acceptance letter said it was Aug. 16th-18th but the 'New Admits Weblog' says it's from Aug. 15th-19th. This is actually important for me as I'm currently in DC and need to decide when to get back. As I haven't paid my seat deposit yet I can't access any of the schedules.

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:52 am

chenalex wrote:
gothamm wrote:
chenalex wrote:
True. Besides I don't need law school friends, I already have plenty. :wink:

Anyways, when exactly is orientation? The acceptance letter said it was Aug. 16th-18th but the 'New Admits Weblog' says it's from Aug. 15th-19th. This is actually important for me as I'm currently in DC and need to decide when to get back. As I haven't paid my seat deposit yet I can't access any of the schedules.
don't worry about friends. you'll make plenty. In fact hit me up if you decide to go. Orientation is aug 16 (tue) and aug 18 (thur).

chenalex

New

Post by chenalex » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Is it just me or are other people having trouble printing out the orientation homework e-book?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

spicymeatball111

New

Post by spicymeatball111 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:53 pm

do we need to print it? i was just going to bring the portion we complete to orientation...

chenalex

New

Post by chenalex » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 pm

spicymeatball111 wrote:do we need to print it? i was just going to bring the portion we complete to orientation...
Don't know.. I was just planning on printing those two pages we had to do the exercise, but my program won't let me.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

chenalex wrote:
spicymeatball111 wrote:do we need to print it? i was just going to bring the portion we complete to orientation...
Don't know.. I was just planning on printing those two pages we had to do the exercise, but my program won't let me.
If you go to graphics on campus (FH basement), they will give you a hard copy of the orientation assignment in this little booklet.

balls

New

Post by balls » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 pm

life goals for today:

1. do homework
2. get queen size sheets/comforter
3. groceries
4. decide on a gym

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

spicymeatball111

New

Post by spicymeatball111 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:40 pm

what are we supposed to wear to orientation? business casual? suit?

patagonia

New

Post by patagonia » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:57 pm

spicymeatball111 wrote:what are we supposed to wear to orientation? business casual? suit?
I was going to go a bit more casual than that. Not jeans, but not suit/business casual either.

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Got in off the WL today, excited to see you guys tomorrow. They haven't emailed me anything yet, so if anyone could PM me the HW for tomorrow that would be great! And I was going with Jeans tomorrow...is that too casual? I didnt think so but...

david787

Bronze

Post by david787 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:54 pm

The orientation homework is through Adobe Digital Editions which is locked with DRM so you can't print or on a Kindle, iPad, etc etc.

I'm going more on the casual side, unless I can find a t-shirt somewhere that says "in off the waitlist." Thursday I may consider a little "dressier" as it ends at 6:30 and hopefully there will be some drinking afterwards unless nobody likes me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chenalex

New

Post by chenalex » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Shammis wrote:Got in off the WL today, excited to see you guys tomorrow. They haven't emailed me anything yet, so if anyone could PM me the HW for tomorrow that would be great! And I was going with Jeans tomorrow...is that too casual? I didnt think so but...
Congrats. I know you really wanted it.
'm going more on the casual side, unless I can find a t-shirt somewhere that says "in off the waitlist." Thursday I may consider a little "dressier" as it ends at 6:30 and hopefully there will be some drinking afterwards unless nobody likes me.
That's what I was thinking too. Tuesday = casual because it ends pretty early, Thursday = dress better.

balls

New

Post by balls » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Judge Philip Banks wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:So, what professors did you get?
Natapoff (Crim Law), Caplan (Civ Pro), Kim (Torts), Trisolini (Property)

Any experience with these profs? Or heard anything?
hello fellow d4er!

balls

New

Post by balls » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:22 pm

also, im thinking that if we cant print the homework, they shouldnt expect it to be done.

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:58 pm

balls wrote:
Judge Philip Banks wrote:
NoleinNY wrote:So, what professors did you get?
Natapoff (Crim Law), Caplan (Civ Pro), Kim (Torts), Trisolini (Property)

Any experience with these profs? Or heard anything?
hello fellow d4er!
Section 4! See ya tomorrow!
balls wrote:also, im thinking that if we cant print the homework, they shouldnt expect it to be done.
It's pretty lame that they didn't just give us a pdf or some format where we can print... I just happened to go to graphics on Friday to get the coursepack for CivPro and the guy gave me the orientation reading pamphlet (identical to the adobe digital editions file they made us download...). If this pamphlet was available, and they didn't inform anyone of its existence, they should have mailed it to everyone or something...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Judge Philip Banks

Bronze

Post by Judge Philip Banks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:30 am

Is everyone bringing their computer/backpack/whatever to orientation? Forget about what clothing to wear. I don't want to be the one loser who brought my backpack and computer! :?

david787

Bronze

Post by david787 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:55 am

I'm only bringing my computer on Thurs because that's when I signed up for the computer training thing, I wouldn't bring it before that as you won't be able to access their network until the training.

I also really wish they wouldn't use Adobe Digital Editions, it is simply one of the worst reading platforms out there.

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:04 am

Yeah...what is everyone bringing for tomorrow...I might just put my stuff in my car just in case...

and Section 3 anyone?

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 am

david787 wrote:I'm only bringing my computer on Thurs because that's when I signed up for the computer training thing, I wouldn't bring it before that as you won't be able to access their network until the training.

I also really wish they wouldn't use Adobe Digital Editions, it is simply one of the worst reading platforms out there.
i will be bringing mine for notes on the legal analysis sessions. That and other miscellaneous info. Could come in handy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”