Harvard Law 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
ebeth

Bronze

Re: Harvard Law 2014

Post by ebeth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:46 pm

mcweanis wrote:anybody know when we find out our sections/schedules? im trying to buy plane tickets back home for the holidays but i dont know what time my classes will be out for the day :(
The admitted student website says that we will receive our 1L section information by email in mid-August.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:05 pm

ebeth wrote:
mcweanis wrote:anybody know when we find out our sections/schedules? im trying to buy plane tickets back home for the holidays but i dont know what time my classes will be out for the day :(
The admitted student website says that we will receive our 1L section information by email in mid-August.
excited? i am. you'll see me at all the free lunch events during the fall because club event announcements are my lunch menu.

moneko

Bronze

Post by moneko » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Last edited by moneko on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:08 am

moneko wrote: ^-- THIS. i will be joining all the clubs, including the outrageously inappropriate-ethnic ones, hunting-gathering free food :)
westlaw/lexis events are the best. they pay you to eat.

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:07 am

Maybe we should start a "find and eat as much free food as you can" club.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rv11

Bronze

Post by rv11 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Has anyone received any correspondence in the mail since their acceptance packet? I'm not sure if they actually processed my address change request and I find it strange that I haven't received anything else up to this point.

nihilism is key

Bronze

Post by nihilism is key » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 am

rv11 wrote:Has anyone received any correspondence in the mail since their acceptance packet? I'm not sure if they actually processed my address change request and I find it strange that I haven't received anything else up to this point.
I haven't received anythig in the mail since the packet, but I knew that my change of address had been processes by checking my post admission status check and seeing that my address had been changed there.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm

alphagamma wrote:Maybe we should start a "find and eat as much free food as you can" club.
i'm so into this

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 pm

nixxers wrote:
alphagamma wrote:Maybe we should start a "find and eat as much free food as you can" club.
i'm so into this
You will be sooo sick of pizza within about 3-4 months... I'm still unable to order pizza and its been 3 months away from Cambridge

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:You will be sooo sick of pizza within about 3-4 months... I'm still unable to order pizza and its been 3 months away from Cambridge
"Our pizza lunches won't stop until you give in!"

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:22 pm

Nom Sawyer wrote:
nixxers wrote:
i'm so into this
You will be sooo sick of pizza within about 3-4 months... I'm still unable to order pizza and its been 3 months away from Cambridge
I could eat pizza every day of my life. sad truth.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:35 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:
nixxers wrote:
i'm so into this
im still sick of pizza from undergrad D:

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 pm

I am very picky about my pizza, but think I can tolerate anything if it means saving money on food. My husband told me last night that we spend $600 a month on groceries - for two people. No more. It is just going to be rice and whatever free food I can get.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 pm

i (unfortunately?) eat to live rather than live to eat, so i too could eat pizza almost every day and be fine haha. man, this free food club sounds like a texting circle.

Peeblepop

New

Post by Peeblepop » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:14 am

So... anyone in here have a place lined up already but need a roommate? I'll be a 2L transferring in which means I can help you with those first year classes...

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 am

sarahlawg wrote:
Nom Sawyer wrote:
nixxers wrote:
i'm so into this
Just cause you stop eating pizza doesn't mean the free food ends... there's tons of events with sandwiches, thai food (seems to be like the 2nd most common), wraps, and even sushi on occasion.

swfangirl

Bronze

Post by swfangirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 pm

sarahh wrote:I am very picky about my pizza, but think I can tolerate anything if it means saving money on food. My husband told me last night that we spend $600 a month on groceries - for two people. No more. It is just going to be rice and whatever free food I can get.
Don't let your nutrition suffer for food--being in good shape health-wise should be important 1L. :)

That being said, I am down for a free food club. Some sort of e-mail list-serv.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Did any of you fill out the locker request yet? Did you agree to a joint locker? I am worried I would wind up with some super gunner who steals my books.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:27 pm

sarahh wrote:Did any of you fill out the locker request yet? Did you agree to a joint locker? I am worried I would wind up with some super gunner who steals my books.
Oh for...

HLS is not The Paper Chase. It is not One L. You aren't going to see anything like this happen during your enrollment. If you do, it'll make a great ATL story.

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:43 pm

sarahh wrote:Did any of you fill out the locker request yet? Did you agree to a joint locker? I am worried I would wind up with some super gunner who steals my books.
I said no, but I don't really have a good reason other than I just like my stuff not to be messed with.

I'm conflicted over the t pass. I'll be living in somerville a half mile from the t and 1.3 miles from the school. I wish I could be there for the month of Sept to see if I'll need the pass or not. Anyone have insight living this distance from the school?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
I said no, but I don't really have a good reason other than I just like my stuff not to be messed with.

I'm conflicted over the t pass. I'll be living in somerville a half mile from the t and 1.3 miles from the school. I wish I could be there for the month of Sept to see if I'll need the pass or not. Anyone have insight living this distance from the school?
Get the pass.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:10 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Oh for...

HLS is not The Paper Chase. It is not One L. You aren't going to see anything like this happen during your enrollment. If you do, it'll make a great ATL story.
I am sure most people are fairly normal. I was just worried I would wind up with the one crazy person in the class. I have never seen the The Paper Chase, but I find it amusing that every HLS student I talked to said it was not like The Paper Chase. I imagine the admissions office sending out an email telling people, "Whatever you say to prospective and incoming students, make sure to tell them it is not like the The Paper Chase."

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:51 pm

I filled out a locker request and did not agree to a joint locker. I have nothing to base this on, except that I anticipate keeping things other than books in the locker, like workout clothes, bike helmet, etc. But I don't even know if this is a real possibility.

Also, does anyone happen to know what's the closest T stop to the law school? I'll be living a few miles away, and Google Maps tells me that it's a ten minute walk to the law school from where I'll get off (Harvard Square). Does that make sense? Cause I could ride my bike in quicker if that's true.

englawyer

Silver

Post by englawyer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

delusional wrote:
I filled out a locker request and did not agree to a joint locker. I have nothing to base this on, except that I anticipate keeping things other than books in the locker, like workout clothes, bike helmet, etc. But I don't even know if this is a real possibility.

Also, does anyone happen to know what's the closest T stop to the law school? I'll be living a few miles away, and Google Maps tells me that it's a ten minute walk to the law school from where I'll get off (Harvard Square). Does that make sense? Cause I could ride my bike in quicker if that's true.
what T stop are you living near? 10 min is about right..maybe more like 6-7.

swfangirl

Bronze

Post by swfangirl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:02 pm

delusional wrote:

The law school is sorta in-between the Harvard and Porter Square stops, though I think it's still closer to Harvard slightly.

I filled out the locker request and agreed to share with a friend who is going as well.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”