Boston College Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
skippy1

New

Re: Boston College Class of 2014

Post by skippy1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:17 pm

skippy1 wrote:Where is the request for these forms - did you guys get an email from the school or are you seeing it on Agora?
Found it. What is our eagleid number? Is there a way to find it on Agora?
Also, yes the forms are due tomorrow!

knotoftoads

New

Post by knotoftoads » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:30 pm

skippy1 wrote:
skippy1 wrote:Where is the request for these forms - did you guys get an email from the school or are you seeing it on Agora?
I dunno about finding it on agora, but it did come in an email awhile back where we got the info for logging into agora.

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:21 pm

skippy1 wrote:
Just so no one has a heart attack, I'm fairly confident that it is a suggested date to get the forms in...call the financial aid office, of course, but I think you should be ok if it isn't in yet

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:49 pm

So is anyone going to the housing fair? Thoughts on it?

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 pm

I personally won't be attending, but my wife will be. :wink: We've found a few promising places that she'll try and schedule viewings for. I think the biggest problem we're finding so far is that housing is geared more toward single students that have the option of having three or four roommates. But, it should all be fine since there are plenty of listings in the area. Real estate definitely doesn't seem to be scarce; I just hope that the pictures online aren't drastically different from how the places look in-person.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

spencer1888

New

Post by spencer1888 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Will we be mailed any sort of welcoming package? Maybe I'm alone, but it feels weird to have not recieved much (if anything.. can't remember) in the form of physical mail....

spencer1888

New

Post by spencer1888 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:26 pm

Now that i've finally settled on BC i'm wondering whether anyone from nyc wants to organize a get together for c/o 2014?!

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:38 pm

spencer1888 wrote:Now that i've finally settled on BC i'm wondering whether anyone from nyc wants to organize a get together for c/o 2014?!
Best to coordinate this on the Facebook group. Much more activity there. :wink:

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Has anyone tried getting in contact with Graduate Housing? They never seem to be in the office when I call and they have yet to answer any of my emails. At this point I'm wondering if Graduate Housing is still available.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

spencer1888

New

Post by spencer1888 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:26 pm

They are sooo not on top of things in that office. If you had a studio in mind, you should know that they're all gone.

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Sandstorm wrote:Has anyone tried getting in contact with Graduate Housing? They never seem to be in the office when I call and they have yet to answer any of my emails. At this point I'm wondering if Graduate Housing is still available.
LOL, im 90% sure thats because the whole office is comprised of one dude.

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 pm

If you had a studio in mind, you should know that they're all gone.
Noooooo :cry: . When did they run out? Do you know what else they have available?

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Sandstorm wrote:
Noooooo :cry: . When did they run out? Do you know what else they have available?
there are a billion realtors in Boston with a ton of spaces, all Sept. 1 leases.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sandstorm

New

Post by Sandstorm » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Perch wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
there are a billion realtors in Boston with a ton of spaces, all Sept. 1 leases.
Isn't Sept. 1 too late, if orientation is something like the 29th? And I want to get there like a week or a lil less before then too.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Ok so craigslist listings in Brighton are no good?

eta: @the above: you can't request to move in a week or 2 earlier?

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Sandstorm wrote:
Perch wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Isn't Sept. 1 too late, if orientation is something like the 29th? And I want to get there like a week or a lil less before then too.
yes it is too late but unfortunately nearly all places start with a september 1 lease. from what ive gathered, the best you can do is try to get the people living there to move onto their next place a week or two early, but otherwise its a tough transition. not psyched about that.

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Did anyones financial aid status change from conditional yet? All of my documents were received weeks ago, but I haven't had any changes and I'm pretty sure we need to apply for gradplus soon, no? I'm not sure if it is because I requested changes to my award (declined work study) or if there might be a problem with my documents.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:06 am

bostonlawchick wrote:Did anyones financial aid status change from conditional yet? All of my documents were received weeks ago, but I haven't had any changes and I'm pretty sure we need to apply for gradplus soon, no? I'm not sure if it is because I requested changes to my award (declined work study) or if there might be a problem with my documents.
i called about this on friday. mainly because I'm afraid some of my money is need-based instead of merit.. and that if they havent reviewed the documents the amount might change.. leaving me with no option at this point but to accept the decrease or not go to law school.. but anyway the lady who answered sounded like she hated life and told me that they "hadnt gotten around to it yet"

long story short.. mine still says conditional also

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am

anyone know when first tuition payment is due?

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 am

I was told it would say conditional for quite a while because of all the processing it takes for everyone.

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:38 pm

I thought I read somewhere that we had to apply for Gradplus loans by July first, but we need to have everything verified by then to know how much we need to borrow. I could also be hallucinating, I have too many dates running around in my head right now. Oh well, I'm just glad I'm not the only one still conditional.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Perch wrote:anyone know when first tuition payment is due?
from everything I have seen it is due by August 10th

HWS08

Bronze

Post by HWS08 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
That's what I have seen too.

I also have a lease that starts Sept. 1. Hopefully the current residents will decide to move out by the 26th or 27th; otherwise I might just wait until Labor Day weekend to move in because I don't really want to add one more thing to worry about during those first few days of classes.

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 pm

HWS08 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
That's what I have seen too.

I also have a lease that starts Sept. 1. Hopefully the current residents will decide to move out by the 26th or 27th; otherwise I might just wait until Labor Day weekend to move in because I don't really want to add one more thing to worry about during those first few days of classes.
same here... I feel like the school did a pretty crappy job with the scheduling.. other than people who live in Boston already i haven't heard of anyone who has had an easy time finding something before Sept. 1.. moving in on the first day of real classes sounds like hell

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 pm

Sorry you guys are having such trouble with the move-in dates. I feel pretty lucky to find the place we did.

Would it be possible to talk with current law students and find a place to crash for a few days until you can move in? Maybe keep your stuff in storage or have the moving companies come a few days after or something?

If anyone needs moving in help, I'm sure we could all pitch in for a few hours when the time comes so that it's not all on you. :wink:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”