Ohio State 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
AKenter

New

Re: Ohio State 2014

Post by AKenter » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:00 pm

I will almost certainly be attending next fall. OSU is both the best school where I was accepted and the one that offered me the most scholarship aid. I have no idea how that makes sense, but I am not going to complain. Go Buckeyes!!! :)

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:45 pm

AKenter wrote:I will almost certainly be attending next fall. OSU is both the best school where I was accepted and the one that offered me the most scholarship aid. I have no idea how that makes sense, but I am not going to complain. Go Buckeyes!!! :)
See you in the fall! :)

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Deposit is in the mail...

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Just got in yesterday. First T1 acceptance. Waiting on scholarship and IUB and Notre Dame decision.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:38 am

Sent my deposit in on Monday. I was up there last month and will be going back up with my wife in May.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TigerBall56

New

Post by TigerBall56 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:25 am

Proud to say I will be joining you all in August! I am from Columbus originally (Dublin Scioto HS) so I am excited to be coming home!

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:37 am

deposit letter is ready to go, I just have to drop it in the mail

2014jd

New

Post by 2014jd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey all, deposit is sent in/credited on my account. I am excited to get this law school show on the road. Tressel and Pryor and them may have given us a blessing in disguise with their shenanigans. Perhaps it will free up some time to study on Saturdays :wink:

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 am

Anyone interested in a gtg in the next few weeks? Those of you from here but at undergrad somewhere else, will you be back after graduation? Who all is local? :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:37 am

Lwoods wrote:Anyone interested in a gtg in the next few weeks? Those of you from here but at undergrad somewhere else, will you be back after graduation? Who all is local? :)
You know I'm up for it! :) I probably didn't really need to even reply to this, lol. I hope there are some other people interested, it'd be fun to start to get to know some of the other incoming students! :)

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:30 am

lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:Anyone interested in a gtg in the next few weeks? Those of you from here but at undergrad somewhere else, will you be back after graduation? Who all is local? :)
You know I'm up for it! :) I probably didn't really need to even reply to this, lol. I hope there are some other people interested, it'd be fun to start to get to know some of the other incoming students! :)
Haha, yeah, I figured you were in!

Anyone else? I guess Saturday morning isn't a busy Internet traffic time...

RTS83

New

Post by RTS83 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:30 pm

You already know I am. Something more casual than the ASW would be wonderful!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Awesome! Okay, let's figure out a date/location, and I'll roll it out on the facebook page since there doesn't seem to be that many of us on here.

I'm free this Thursday (4/28), next Thursday (5/5... Cinco de Mayo, so I'm guessing this is out?), and am so far open the weekends after that as well as Sundays.

Thoughts?

As for location, I like Club 185 and High Beck for nice, chill bars where people can gather and still have a conversation, but if those are too far downtown, I'm open to suggestions in the Arena District / South Gateway area.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Duke Silver

New

Post by Duke Silver » Thu May 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Going to OSU this fall! The apartment search kind of sucks...

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Duke Silver wrote:Going to OSU this fall! The apartment search kind of sucks...
The biggest pain is the fact that OSU's undergraduate academic year starts in September and the law school begins classes in August. So many properties don't begin leasing until Sept. 1st; either that or you find that places can't tell you what's available until June/July.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri May 06, 2011 7:25 am

gens1tb wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:Going to OSU this fall! The apartment search kind of sucks...
The biggest pain is the fact that OSU's undergraduate academic year starts in September and the law school begins classes in August. So many properties don't begin leasing until Sept. 1st; either that or you find that places can't tell you what's available until June/July.
Eh, it's still a normal city, though, so you can rent apartments for grownups anytime. ;) Those are the ones that won't know their availability until two months out, but that's still plenty of time. Again, it's a regular city; you don't have to limit yourself to those geared toward students unless you want to pretty much live on campus.

-Old lady who's happy to not live in a complex full of undergrads.

If you're set on living near campus, though, there are a handful of current 1Ls looking to unload their apartments in the facebook group.

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Fri May 06, 2011 2:04 pm

I don't want to grow up yet.

Also those downtown apartments are really nice, but I don't know if I want to live five miles from campus. Definitely going to need to live at least a mile away though...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Fri May 06, 2011 2:09 pm

gens1tb wrote:I don't want to grow up yet.

Also those downtown apartments are really nice, but I don't know if I want to live five miles from campus. Definitely going to need to live at least a mile away though...
There's also Harrison West, Victorian Village, Short North...

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Fri May 06, 2011 2:17 pm

Lwoods wrote:
gens1tb wrote:I don't want to grow up yet.

There's also Harrison West, Victorian Village, Short North...
I know I know. I went down to Columbus last week and looked at places, didn't care for many of the places in German Village. Market Mohawk was realllllly nice, as were a couple other downtown places; the one bedroom townhome is ridiculous. Most of the other stuff I looked at ended up being in Short North or Victorian Village.

Duke Silver

New

Post by Duke Silver » Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Yeah. The biggest problem I've been running into is that for the non-complex apartments, very few know their availability in advance. I'm looking to move in July, but places are only starting to post for that now. I love Victorian Village/Harrison West, so I'm hoping I can find somewhere there.

Also, my OSU undergrad friends have said that it is definitely a better idea to live farther from campus. Also, I'd stay away from the Chittenden/Summit area around Chittenden, because it can get pretty sketchy.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed May 25, 2011 10:15 am

Getting the info about football tickets makes me really feel like a Buckeye :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pcvmeli

New

Post by pcvmeli » Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm now officially a Buckeye. I sent in the deposit. I think it was the right decision. See you all in August, or maybe before. Since half my fam is living in Columbus I'll be down there a bunch this summer.

jswilson27

New

Post by jswilson27 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Hi all, I'm actually not an OSU c/o 2014, but I am starting law school (at the Enemy Up North-- Go Blue!) this summer. I've been living in Columbus for the past year with my boyfriend, who's doing a PhD in OSU's History department. We have a great apartment about 1.5 miles from campus, and now that I'm moving out, he's looking for a roommate. The apartment is a 2-br, 1 bath and the common areas will be furnished (decently nicely) with couch, TV, bookshelves, kitchen necessities, etc. The available bedroom has a decent-sized closet and there's plenty of storage in the basement of the building. The building itself is quiet, mostly grad/professional students and young professionals-- no undergrads, no noisy parties. Paid laundry is in the basement. You would be sharing the apartment with our (very friendly) cat. Because the apartment is right up High St, you can either hop on the bike path (directly behind the building) or snag the bus (stops directly in front, comes every 7 minutes) to get down to campus. Driving takes about 7 minutes. The Giant Eagle grocery store is conveniently right next door. A link to more info is here: http://www.olentangyvillage.com/index.asp

I'm already moved out, so you could move in anytime between now and whenever!

Rent would be roughly $430/mo, inclusive of utilities; internet is another $20/mo or so (he doesn't currently have cable, but that can certainly be discussed/negotiated).

Please PM me if you're interested, and I'll put you in touch with my bf!

pcvmeli

New

Post by pcvmeli » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:46 am

I'll be in Columbus this Wednesday and next Monday. Going to see the school and maybe do some apartment hunting. I know I'm doing things a little backwards, but hey, it works. If anyone has suggestions to where I should start looking, please let me know. I am thinking Victorian Village to start.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:41 pm

pcvmeli wrote:I'll be in Columbus this Wednesday and next Monday. Going to see the school and maybe do some apartment hunting. I know I'm doing things a little backwards, but hey, it works. If anyone has suggestions to where I should start looking, please let me know. I am thinking Victorian Village to start.
Sorry I missed this before! How's the search going?

And yes, Victorian Village is a great place to start.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”