University of Texas Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
lisjjen

Silver

Re: University of Texas Class of 2014

Post by lisjjen » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:34 pm

txlaw wrote:
CMDantes wrote:Got my swag bag - aforementioned chocolate (delicious!), car sticker, and USB drive.

I'm pretty happy with it.

I was so excited about my car sticker, I went out in the middle of the night (I get home from work late) in my pajamas to put it on my car.
And now I'm getting excited. Even moreso than I already was.

bleedblue

Bronze

Post by bleedblue » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:18 am

How long after y'all sent in your deposit did you get this package?

12thman2011

New

Post by 12thman2011 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:38 pm

The person who decided on chocolate as part of the bag must not be a native Texan. Chocolate+90 degree heat= melted mess.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:10 am

12thman2011 wrote:The person who decided on chocolate as part of the bag must not be a native Texan. Chocolate+90 degree heat= melted mess.
I don't forsee having this problem. The chocolate will be long gone by the time I get to TX.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 am

Got my swag bag on Saturday. Chocolate was goooood. Put the sticker on my fridge. Does anyone else feel a bit snooty putting a UT Law sticker on their car? I've never been a big bumper sticker person.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nonprofit-prophet

Silver

Post by nonprofit-prophet » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 am

crit_racer wrote:Got my swag bag on Saturday. Chocolate was goooood. Put the sticker on my fridge. Does anyone else feel a bit snooty putting a UT Law sticker on their car? I've never been a big bumper sticker person.
truth be told, I've never owned a car before (always lived in cities or in walking distance to campus). So i'm actually kind of excited to put the sticker on my first car (which I'm getting in Austin), as lame as that sounds.

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:12 am

crit_racer wrote:Got my swag bag on Saturday. Chocolate was goooood. Put the sticker on my fridge. Does anyone else feel a bit snooty putting a UT Law sticker on their car? I've never been a big bumper sticker person.
I think it'd be impossible for me to feel snooty about putting anything on a beat up old minivan.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Snooty? Some people may think so, but I'm way too proud of being at UT Law to care.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:23 pm

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
truth be told, I've never owned a car before (always lived in cities or in walking distance to campus). So i'm actually kind of excited to put the sticker on my first car (which I'm getting in Austin), as lame as that sounds.
Doesn't sound lame at all. Welcome to Austin!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm

japes wrote:
I think it'd be impossible for me to feel snooty about putting anything on a beat up old minivan.
lol fair enough

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Well what kind of bumper sticker? Does it have the word "law" on it or is it just a Longhorns logo?

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:20 pm

lisjjen wrote:
Well what kind of bumper sticker? Does it have the word "law" on it or is it just a Longhorns logo?
no, it says "Law School" in pretty large font. I think that part is actually much bigger than the part where it says "University of Texas"

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:23 pm

crit_racer wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
no, it says "Law School" in pretty large font. I think that part is actually much bigger than the part where it says "University of Texas"
Ok. Yeah... that might be a little snooty. I'll have to have a deep internal conversation before I decide rather I'll put it on or not.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

lisjjen wrote:
crit_racer wrote:
lisjjen wrote:
Ok. Yeah... that might be a little snooty. I'll have to have a deep internal conversation before I decide rather I'll put it on or not.
In Athens, I see people with UGA Law and UGA Pharmacy stickers all the time. The only thing I would feel uncomfortable about is putting my UT Law sticker on before I actually begin in the fall, but I'll probably go ahead and put it on now anyway so I don't lose it between now and then.

Leira7905

Bronze

Post by Leira7905 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Pricer wrote:In Athens, I see people with UGA Law and UGA Pharmacy stickers all the time. The only thing I would feel uncomfortable about is putting my UT Law sticker on before I actually begin in the fall, but I'll probably go ahead and put it on now anyway so I don't lose it between now and then.
This. I'd hate for someone to be like "Oh are you in law school? What year?" And then have to reply, "Well, I haven't actually started yet... doh!"

turbotong

Bronze

Post by turbotong » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

I got my swag in today. Flash drive is 1GB (929MB usable). BTW, when you plug it in, program tries to register C:\Windows\system32\DrvInst.exe into registry: \REGISTRY\MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\disk . Probably not a virus, it just wants to remember that you used this drive and your settings for it.
I also got my chocolate bat in 3 pieces but not melted. Om nom nom nom nom. Weather was fairly cool. And my decal came with the text ever so slanted. I paid my deposit like 10 days or so before it was due.

How is everyone finding housing?!?!?!?!

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 pm

The real reason that I didn't put the sticker on my car was because I wanted something more...permanent.

now, that's pride!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 pm

turbotong wrote:How is everyone finding housing?!?!?!?!
I'll be using the same realtor I used in UG. That's been the best way to locate places ive found thus far.

Also, my Finaid got updated today with grants (a whopping 1200/yr). Anyone else get finaid updates?

awilson11

Bronze

Post by awilson11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:57 pm

japes wrote:
I'll be using the same realtor I used in UG. That's been the best way to locate places ive found thus far.

Also, my Finaid got updated today with grants (a whopping 1200/yr). Anyone else get finaid updates?
no grants here, yet. Damn, maybe later. Also, got my swag today, the USB drive is useful, I have needed a new one forever now (my current one is from like 2004 and tiny). Not a huge fan of the sticker, I think I'm just gonna get a longhorn one.

clearfire

Bronze

Post by clearfire » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:01 pm

japes wrote:

How did you get notified? Does it display the grants on the CASH website? If so I haven't received any.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:13 pm

Ummmm.... I'm looking at Financial Aid and all I'm seeing are loans - loans that add up to the full cost of attendance. Where do you check on scholarships and was there something I had to do to keep them/any possible way I could have lost them?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

japes

Bronze

Post by japes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm

clearfire wrote:
japes wrote:

How did you get notified? Does it display the grants on the CASH website? If so I haven't received any.
I got an email and it was on CASH.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:26 pm

I just put down my deposit and application fee at some apartments directly north of the law school, 1 bed 1 bath. Very reasonably priced given the location and how big it is. PM for details.

It's about 15 minutes walking from the law school/25 minutes from the main gym so I figured I'd get a bike. Went to the bike shop on 24th and San Gabriel and I have my eye on this nice blue 7-speed for about 320.00.

All of this is making me really, really excited.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:27 pm

lisjjen wrote:Ummmm.... I'm looking at Financial Aid and all I'm seeing are loans - loans that add up to the full cost of attendance. Where do you check on scholarships and was there something I had to do to keep them/any possible way I could have lost them?
I'd call financial aid and they'll sort it out.

Leira7905

Bronze

Post by Leira7905 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

japes wrote:

I got the $1200/year grant today too. I would have thought being a single parent would have gotten me more, but it's better than nothing.

Also, I got my swag packet... Chocolate was melted... Temp was in the 90s all day. Sticker and USB were nice though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”