Fordham Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
GoGata

New

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Post by GoGata » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Hi, I decided to join this thread.

I'm not 100% sure I'll be going to Fordham, but barring an acceptance from my number 1s, this is where I will go. I do like Fordham and am excited to see what happens.

Anyway going to the info session on 12/21? I am!
I'm in the same boat (not sure I'll be going, but it's likely). Are you holding out for CLS/NYU or simply acceptance at any T14?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:53 am

Waiting on BC/BU/Vandy/Cornell/GW...

2011L1

New

Post by 2011L1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 am

akcorps wrote:Thanks Lwoods, that's reassuring. However, I am getting the feeling that I will not be offered any.

I am starting to rethink Fordham overall anyway, even at a reduced pricetag. I know it goes against the grain here, but I am an older student, and the career flexibility that would come from another NY school offering me better aid is weighing heavily on my mind. My prelaw adviser went to St. John's on a full scholly and worked in biglaw before deciding to go into academia (UG advisement/teaching). A former business partner of mine also went to St. John's entirely paid for and is finishing a 2 year clerkship. I personally wouldn't want to be out in Queens, but there are other alternatives. I just feel like Fordham's aid is stingy without any good reason for it being like that way.

That being said, I think it's a fine school and if I was at a different stage in my life I would probably be all in for paying sticker. I am still waiting to hear from some lower ranked schools anyway. I have a lot to think about.
If you dont mind me asking how old are you?

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Resurrecting this thread.

Just got some paperless mail from Fordham. LOL.

Im invited to ASD in January. Not sure if I want to do January or February...

dufftheyounger

New

Post by dufftheyounger » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 am

Go in January! I'll be there! It'll be fun!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dangerousminds

New

Post by dangerousminds » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:12 pm

I'm a new face to Fordham Class of 2014 thread. I received my acceptance last week. :lol:

dufftheyounger

New

Post by dufftheyounger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:26 pm

dangerousminds wrote:I'm a new face to Fordham Class of 2014 thread. I received my acceptance last week. :lol:
Congratulations!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 pm

I'll be going to the ASD in February. Hope to see some of you there! Congrats on the new admits!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Does anyone know the federal code for Fordham Law? I'm doing FAFSA right now and can only find Fordham University in the Bronx.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Does anyone know the federal code for Fordham Law? I'm doing FAFSA right now and can only find Fordham University in the Bronx.
That's correct. 002722.

girlfriday

New

Post by girlfriday » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi all. newbie to tls :D just wondering about fordham's admitted students day, is it a formal or informal thing? can you go w/ a friend or is it strictly for admits only?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey, tagging this thread. Unless I get into one of the 8 T14s I'm waiting on, Fordham will be where I'll be this fall. I'm going to try to get some $$ out of them because I got $28k/year from UMN. I might have just gotten into USC (I'll know within the next few days), so I can use that as leverage too.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:49 pm

girlfriday wrote:Hi all. newbie to tls :D just wondering about fordham's admitted students day, is it a formal or informal thing? can you go w/ a friend or is it strictly for admits only?
Yea, I'm wondering about what to wear as well.

And hey, Gotti! :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Gemini wrote:
girlfriday wrote:Hi all. newbie to tls :D just wondering about fordham's admitted students day, is it a formal or informal thing? can you go w/ a friend or is it strictly for admits only?

ohai! Are you still going in April?

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Really wanted to go to Fordham, and figuring I was a outside shot at NYU, thought it a high probability. Then I realized I sent the PS for NYU with my Fordham app. Lets just say I haven't heard anything yet.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 pm

kruiz88 wrote:Really wanted to go to Fordham, and figuring I was a outside shot at NYU, thought it a high probability. Then I realized I sent the PS for NYU with my Fordham app. Lets just say I haven't heard anything yet.
aaahhh :shock: why didn't you send an update?! or did you

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Gotti wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:Really wanted to go to Fordham, and figuring I was a outside shot at NYU, thought it a high probability. Then I realized I sent the PS for NYU with my Fordham app. Lets just say I haven't heard anything yet.
Sent an email, but got a generic response.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm

kruiz88 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
something like your file has been updated?

kruiz88

Bronze

Post by kruiz88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:01 pm

Gotti wrote:
kruiz88 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
something like your file has been updated?
More like thanks, we'll get back to you in 48 hours.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Gotti wrote:
Gemini wrote:

ohai! Are you still going in April?
Yes, I'll most likely go to both. HEP said its okay and I get free stuff. :mrgreen:

akcorps

Bronze

Post by akcorps » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:35 am

I went to the ASD in January. You have to register and get a name tag, etc. so I think you can't bring anyone with you, but its pretty casual otherwise. They have a breakfast, some talks by various professors and departments, etc. Then you go on a tour with a student and attend some breakouts with professors who encourage you to ask tough questions about the school. Then there is a reception with more food, wine, beer, etc. where you get to talk to the students and professors more. My feeling was that everyone was really open and friendly, the professors are really smart, etc. A good experience overall, I think everyone who wants to go here should definitely attend and ask a lot of questions. But, I have to say the other accepted students were a little like sheep clustering together not wanting to speak up, etc.

As to what to wear, etc. I would say come as you are, but when I went it was a little cold in the rooms, etc.

Yes, you get free stuff. Other than food, you get a t-shirt, a little mouse that connects to the website, some pamphlets, etc. I wouldn't go for the free stuff, but I think the info you get is worth your time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

girlfriday

New

Post by girlfriday » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:55 pm

akcorps wrote:I went to the ASD in January. You have to register and get a name tag, etc. so I think you can't bring anyone with you, but its pretty casual otherwise. They have a breakfast, some talks by various professors and departments, etc. Then you go on a tour with a student and attend some breakouts with professors who encourage you to ask tough questions about the school. Then there is a reception with more food, wine, beer, etc. where you get to talk to the students and professors more. My feeling was that everyone was really open and friendly, the professors are really smart, etc. A good experience overall, I think everyone who wants to go here should definitely attend and ask a lot of questions. But, I have to say the other accepted students were a little like sheep clustering together not wanting to speak up, etc.

As to what to wear, etc. I would say come as you are, but when I went it was a little cold in the rooms, etc.

Yes, you get free stuff. Other than food, you get a t-shirt, a little mouse that connects to the website, some pamphlets, etc. I wouldn't go for the free stuff, but I think the info you get is worth your time.
Thanks for your response. I'm pretty sure Fordham will be it for me...looking forward to going to ASD on Feb 19th!

lawgrl21

Bronze

Post by lawgrl21 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:17 pm

anyone thinking about living in the dorms next year?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:21 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:anyone thinking about living in the dorms next year?
hell no. McMahon Hall is waaaay too expensive for the "conveniences" it purports to have.

renegade811

New

Post by renegade811 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:40 am

Has anybody tried to negotiate $$$ with Fordham yet? I know they're stingy, so I'm wondering if any of you guys have had any success.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”