Fordham Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
blacklawboss

Silver

Re: Fordham Class of 2014

Post by blacklawboss » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:37 pm

The orientation leans on it heavily. It's only 256 pages. Doesn't sound like the hardest read.

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:03 pm

What's the public service day on Saturday the 27th?

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I seriously love Kathryn. She is always so nice in all of her emails.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 pm

blacklawboss wrote:The orientation leans on it heavily. It's only 256 pages. Doesn't sound like the hardest read.
I read a post somewhere where a student mentioned that they know of a year where it wasn't mentioned at all during orientation, and how silly those who showed up with highlighted and tabbed copies looked. They also referenced another recent year where questions were involved regarding it, but that none of them were cold calls.

No one wants to be embarrassed at orientation, but at least you aren't graded on it....

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:38 pm

JenDarby wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:The orientation leans on it heavily. It's only 256 pages. Doesn't sound like the hardest read.
I read a post somewhere where a student mentioned that they know of a year where it wasn't mentioned at all during orientation, and how silly those who showed up with highlighted and tabbed copies looked. They also referenced another recent year where questions were involved regarding it, but that none of them were cold calls.

No one wants to be embarrassed at orientation, but at least you aren't graded on it....
At the very least, the book is a quite interesting read. I think they start the Socratic method during classes, NOT orientation, thankfully.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OnceUponAMemo

Bronze

Post by OnceUponAMemo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Gemini wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

At the very least, the book is a quite interesting read. I think they start the Socratic method during classes, NOT orientation, thankfully.
Correct. There is definitely not going to be a cold call on Whose Monet. The Profs that teach orientation don't have class lists. They just ask for participation, which attracts gunners like moths to a lightbulb.

Public Service Day is a pre-class service day sponsored by all the public interest resource center student groups. Each group plans and implements an event of some sort that involve some type of community service. It's a good way of meeting people before class starts and I enjoyed it last year. Not a must be there type of thing, but not a bad way to spend a day before school starts.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 pm

Question:

When do we get the money loaned to us? And where will we be able to access it from? Do they take out the tuition from the loan total and cut us a check for the rest of it? Is there anyway to set up a direct deposit?

Because I got an email from Fordham saying my address is wrong and a Billing Statement has been returned to them. They inputted my address wrong and now I have to deal with this crap. :twisted: :twisted:

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Gemini wrote:Question:

When do we get the money loaned to us? And where will we be able to access it from? Do they take out the tuition from the loan total and cut us a check for the rest of it? Is there anyway to set up a direct deposit?

Because I got an email from Fordham saying my address is wrong and a Billing Statement has been returned to them. They inputted my address wrong and now I have to deal with this crap. :twisted: :twisted:
Yup, I believe that's how it works. Direct deposit enrollment form is on this page: http://law.fordham.edu/financial-aid/18440.htm

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:56 pm

If anyone wants my copy of "Whose Monet" I guess I can part with it for $20 (free shipping). That's considerably cheaper than what it's currently going for on Amazon. Blacklawboss gets first dibs if he still wants it. PM if interested.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:02 am

NYC Law wrote:If anyone wants my copy of "Whose Monet" I guess I can part with it for $20 (free shipping). That's considerably cheaper than what it's currently going for on Amazon. Blacklawboss gets first dibs if he still wants it. PM if interested.
I love this guy ^ :D

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 am

Gemini wrote:Question:

If you are curious about that billing statement, you can view the exact thing that was mailed to you on my.fordham.edu.

I received my billing statement a few months ago and it reported I owed NEGATIVE money (grad plus loans).

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am

Yea, I think I got it all fixed up now... kinda upset that the loan fees come OUT of what you're asking for, though, and not just added to the total borrowed. :evil:

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:46 pm

I don't know if the question was ever fully answered, will we receive a law.fordham.edu email address?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 pm

blacklawboss wrote:I don't know if the question was ever fully answered, will we receive a law.fordham.edu email address?
Yes, we will get it during Orientation week, apparently. :D

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 pm

Gemini wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:I don't know if the question was ever fully answered, will we receive a law.fordham.edu email address?
don't we already have one through gmail? i can access it through my.fordham.edu.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
Gemini wrote:
don't we already have one through gmail? i can access it through my.fordham.edu.
We are in LAW SCHOOL my love I want all the benefits and Vanity! :lol:

aaaaaah

Bronze

Post by aaaaaah » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 pm

Gemini wrote:Yea, I think I got it all fixed up now... kinda upset that the loan fees come OUT of what you're asking for, though, and not just added to the total borrowed. :evil:
I dunno if you've resolved this yet, but I thought I saw that you can add 2.5% for the origination fees. If you didn't add that, maybe they'll let you go back and add it on now?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:01 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
Gemini wrote:Yea, I think I got it all fixed up now... kinda upset that the loan fees come OUT of what you're asking for, though, and not just added to the total borrowed. :evil:
I dunno if you've resolved this yet, but I thought I saw that you can add 2.5% for the origination fees. If you didn't add that, maybe they'll let you go back and add it on now?
I'll be alright, I think. I'll just have to pregame when I go out, and get a little more financial support from my parents than I expected.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Looks like I'm officially in the flex section.

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:42 pm

NYC Law wrote:Looks like I'm officially in the flex section.
how did you find out?

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
how did you find out?
Kathryn Espiritu just sent out an email saying I was picked by lottery to be in the section.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 pm

I appreciate that email Fordham sent regarding Budget Control Act and student loans. I respect that they quickly acknowledged it and are making an effort to keep students aware.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Me too

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:02 am

Just printed the 2 cases for the AEP on Monday. Time to gunner spot lol

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:14 am

blacklawboss wrote:Just printed the 2 cases for the AEP on Monday. Time to gunner spot lol
haven't even looked at them

clearly I have no desire to be a gunner.....

well i'm on vacation so I guess that doesn't really count hahaha

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”