Penn Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
absolutazn87

Silver

Re: Penn Law Class of 2014

Post by absolutazn87 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:22 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
dulcatis wrote:One week til the NYC reception!! :)
+1!
+2! :D

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:
dulcatis wrote:One week til the NYC reception!! :)
+1!
+2! :D
:evil: :evil: :evil: Don't have fun without me!!!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:08 pm

We'll miss you the whole time <3

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:35 pm

dulcatis wrote:We'll miss you the whole time <3
Awww thanks! I'm sure I'll miss you all when no one that I "know" is at the LA one. :(

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Awww thanks! I'm sure I'll miss you all when no one that I "know" is at the LA one. :(
Ok but do you know anyone at the LA one? (no quotes)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Ok but do you know anyone at the LA one? (no quotes)
Haha no one that I "know" or know will be at the LA one.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 pm

law_monkey wrote:
are you planning to get back to LA after LS?

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Is anyone else going to the Miami one on March 10?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

There's no one I know (I think) at the NYC reception, but def some people I "know" :wink:

Same with Duke on Thursday. That'll be weird.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Heck no! I HATE LA with a passion!!! I'm hoping to go DC, but I'll take Philly/Boston/any other east coast city that I can find a job in.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:52 pm

law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Heck no! I HATE LA with a passion!!! I'm hoping to go DC, but I'll take Philly/Boston/any other east coast city that I can find a job in.
:lol: nevermind then!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:57 pm

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
:lol: nevermind then!
Haha yeah I think I might be the only person who came out to Cali for college, said wtf, and is itching to get back out. Not that I don't like my school because I'm OBSESSED with my UG. But I'm ready to end my time in LA.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 am

law_monkey wrote:
Haha yeah I think I might be the only person who came out to Cali for college, said wtf, and is itching to get back out. Not that I don't like my school because I'm OBSESSED with my UG. But I'm ready to end my time in LA.
I guess Penn is the perfect place for you then! You make me feel bad for wanting to leave. Well I don't really but I could do without the winter.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 am

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
I guess Penn is the perfect place for you then! You make me feel bad for wanting to leave. Well I don't really but I could do without the winter.
You should feel terrible. How dare you leave such a beautiful, esteemed institution - Ivy league, no less - to go hang out with a bunch of hippies at an overrated state school? :wink:

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 am

law_monkey wrote: You should feel terrible. How dare you leave such a beautiful, esteemed institution - Ivy league, no less - to go hang out with a bunch of hippies at an overrated state school? :wink:
Hey I just want better weather. I am not sure about the hippies, gotta check out the school when it's in session.

Oh and I don't like NY or DC. So I guess there is only 1 other market for me since Philly's got nothing.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 am

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote: You should feel terrible. How dare you leave such a beautiful, esteemed institution - Ivy league, no less - to go hang out with a bunch of hippies at an overrated state school? :wink:
Hey I just want better weather. I am not sure about the hippies, gotta check out the school when it's in session.

Oh and I don't like NY or DC. So I guess there is only 1 other market for me since Philly's got nothing.
Omg the weather is soooooooo boring. Every time it rains I'm always absolutely ecstatic. Except that it takes an hour to get anywhere in the traffic, and that doubles when it does rain. And the sky is sometimes brown. That's just not normal. I don't think I would really be a NYC person, but living in Nova - commuting into DC is the perfect life IMO. And I've never been to Philly, but I feel like 3 years there will definitely trump the 4 I've been in LA.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 am

law_monkey wrote: Omg the weather is soooooooo boring. Every time it rains I'm always absolutely ecstatic. Except that it takes an hour to get anywhere in the traffic, and that doubles when it does rain. And the sky is sometimes brown. That's just not normal. I don't think I would really be a NYC person, but living in Nova - commuting into DC is the perfect life IMO. And I've never been to Philly, but I feel like 3 years there will definitely trump the 4 I've been in LA.
nova traffic is probably just as bad as LA at this point, and it isn't just the interstates. It is also too expensive. I used to spend too much time both in NYC and DC, I hate it both. Philly is a nice compromise as a place to live, especially in the suburbs, but law market is tiny.

I like Cali, I chose to live there and only came back east because I had no choice. I am sort of a Cali person trapped in the East, if you can't tell. I don't have the personality for over here haha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 am

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote: Omg the weather is soooooooo boring. Every time it rains I'm always absolutely ecstatic. Except that it takes an hour to get anywhere in the traffic, and that doubles when it does rain. And the sky is sometimes brown. That's just not normal. I don't think I would really be a NYC person, but living in Nova - commuting into DC is the perfect life IMO. And I've never been to Philly, but I feel like 3 years there will definitely trump the 4 I've been in LA.
nova traffic is probably just as bad as LA at this point, and it isn't just the interstates. It is also too expensive. I used to spend too much time both in NYC and DC, I hate it both. Philly is a nice compromise as a place to live, especially in the suburbs, but law market is tiny.

I like Cali, I chose to live there and only came back east because I had no choice. I am sort of a Cali person trapped in the East, if you can't tell. I don't have the personality for over here haha
Well then let's trade! :D Which is likely going to happen anyway since I'm going Penn, and you're going Berkeley/Stanford.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:39 am

law_monkey wrote:
Well then let's trade! :D Which is likely going to happen anyway since I'm going Penn, and you're going Berkeley/Stanford.
I thought we are going to be study buddies ;)

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:46 am

r6_philly wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
I thought we are going to be study buddies ;)
Haha well considering the fact that there's no way I'm staying in Cali (for real since I didn't apply to any Cali schools), then that requires you to remain on the east coast. Or we can exchange study tips via the webz when we graduate to the law student forums this fall! :D

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

law_monkey wrote:
khodorko wrote:Tag, and will join the FB group later.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm heavily leaning toward Penn for the fall :D
I for one believe that USC undergrad -> Penn JD is one of the best academic choices a person can make. :D
Because you demonstrate repentance and remorse for the mistakes of your past?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:00 pm

swampthang wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I for one believe that USC undergrad -> Penn JD is one of the best academic choices a person can make. :D
Ummmmm definitely not!!!! Because the best UG degree ever combined with the best JD ever clearly leads to the best academic decision ever! :D Are you a Bruin? If so we will NOT be in the same study group :evil: .

swampthang

Bronze

Post by swampthang » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:33 pm

law_monkey wrote:
swampthang wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Ummmmm definitely not!!!! Because the best UG degree ever combined with the best JD ever clearly leads to the best academic decision ever! :D Are you a Bruin? If so we will NOT be in the same study group :evil: .
I suppose we have vastly differing definitions of the word "best". Besides, I'll put my hypothetical future non-$C study group up against yours any day. Not a Bruin, but who knew you'd been trailing the boys from Pasadena until this year? I guess that academic battle's been about as competitive as Kiffen's squad will be once scholarship reductions actually hit.
Last edited by swampthang on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:34 pm

Off topic but I am disappointed that not all UCs have bears as mascots.

silly101

Bronze

Post by silly101 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm

hah yeah there are the banana slugs & anteaters & tritons

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”