Appealing a Transfer Rejection - Sad Pritzker Applicant Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Appealing a Transfer Rejection - Sad Pritzker Applicant

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:22 am

Hey Guys, Wondering if any of you could give me advice on appealing a transfer rejection. I was recently denied admission from Priztker, my dream school! The admissions office told me they occasionally receive and review appeals cases. But I am not sure if anyone has actually succeeded and gotten into Pritzker or another law school this way. Any thoughts or suggestions? :cry: :cry: :cry:

kaiser

Gold

Re: Appealing a Transfer Rejection - Sad Pritzker Applicant

Post by kaiser » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:41 am

I can't say for certain but I would presume that you would need a pretty extenuating basis to have a transfer rejection overturned. What extenuating basis do you think warrants overturning your transfer decision?

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Yeah, is there anything new/different to add from your original application? If the appeal is "here's some more info that might change your mind," that's one thing. If your appeal is "please consider me again," it's not going to go anywhere.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:00 pm

I don't have any extenuating circumstances but can I ask for reconsideration?! Any suggestions? I'm not saying they made a mistake. Just wanting another chance if they happen to have an opening before the start of the semester. Anyone heard of appeals success stories?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any extenuating circumstances but can I ask for reconsideration?! Any suggestions? I'm not saying they made a mistake. Just wanting another chance if they happen to have an opening before the start of the semester. Anyone heard of appeals success stories?
As was already mentioned, that's not how it works. Unless you had a grade change or something similarly dramatic since you applied, you just didn't get in. Appealing wouldn't make a difference (except in the admissions office's irritation level).

Them's the breaks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:13 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't have any extenuating circumstances but can I ask for reconsideration?! Any suggestions? I'm not saying they made a mistake. Just wanting another chance if they happen to have an opening before the start of the semester. Anyone heard of appeals success stories?
As was already mentioned, that's not how it works. Unless you had a grade change or something similarly dramatic since you applied, you just didn't get in. Appealing wouldn't make a difference (except in the admissions office's irritation level).

Them's the breaks.
Yep. The appeal is not going to go anywhere absent any changed facts, or a mistake in the original application. Even then it would be a real longshot, but absent new facts the appeal is going to be dead on arrival.

Lawman1865

Bronze

Post by Lawman1865 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:41 pm

I have not heard any stories of this working out, genuinely sorry. If you just want to make an appeal happen, you could find some minor change in your life, stretch the truth a bit, and just submit an appeal for the kicks, but to be honest you should probably move on. Hopefully you found another school that you're happy with, or at least succeed in killing it at your 1L school and get the job you want.

Good luck

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”