Fordham Law Transfer 2019 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
impatientlywaiting5

New

Fordham Law Transfer 2019

Post by impatientlywaiting5 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:12 am

Has anyone heard anything?

alexancs1

New

Re: Fordham Law Transfer 2019

Post by alexancs1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 am

Yes, I heard back on 6/26. The application went complete 10 days-ish earlier. That is where I'm heading.

impatientlywaiting5

New

Post by impatientlywaiting5 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 am

alexancs1 wrote:Yes, I heard back on 6/26. The application went complete 10 days-ish earlier. That is where I'm heading.
I went complete a few days before you got a decision, but haven't heard anything. Passed up other schools (low 20s). Hoping I hear soon! The anxiety is deadly. Mind sharing your stats?

alexancs1

New

Post by alexancs1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 pm

TTT (in California) - Top 15% - 3.5

impatientlywaiting5

New

Post by impatientlywaiting5 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:05 pm

alexancs1 wrote:TTT (in California) - Top 15% - 3.5
Very similar stats, hopefully I hear back soon! Congrats on your acceptance!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alexancs1

New

Post by alexancs1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Sending so many good vibes your way!

envirolaw2021

New

Post by envirolaw2021 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:49 am

I found out last week I got accepted, top 17% at TTT here in New York. I accepted and sent in my deposit already.

impatientlywaiting5

New

Post by impatientlywaiting5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:10 am

Similar stats, hopefully I hear soon. Just turned down both law review and secondary journal at my 1L institution.

envirolaw2021

New

Post by envirolaw2021 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:50 am

impatientlywaiting5 wrote:Similar stats, hopefully I hear soon. Just turned down both law review and secondary journal at my 1L institution.
Good luck! That'll be a quick move for you if you get in. Sending so many good vibes your way. It took me about two weeks to hear back so hopefully you hear soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lawman1865

Bronze

Post by Lawman1865 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 am

impatientlywaiting5 wrote:Just turned down both law review and secondary journal at my 1L institution.
That's a very risky move, unless you are committed to accepting at another school (and it looks like you're not based on your post history). If you went complete in mid/late June and others have since been admitted, that means you're on some unofficial waitlist. You may be accepted, you may not be, and if this is the only school you're waiting on to transfer into, then it will not be good if you go back to your lower ranked school having given up law review... I don't know about the ethics but why not accept law review and then if you get into Fordham, let them know you got a late transfer and you've decided to leave.

Anyway good luck, just make sure you're not putting all your eggs into one basket

impatientlywaiting5

New

Post by impatientlywaiting5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:03 pm

Lawman1865 wrote:
impatientlywaiting5 wrote:Just turned down both law review and secondary journal at my 1L institution.
That's a very risky move, unless you are committed to accepting at another school (and it looks like you're not based on your post history). If you went complete in mid/late June and others have since been admitted, that means you're on some unofficial waitlist. You may be accepted, you may not be, and if this is the only school you're waiting on to transfer into, then it will not be good if you go back to your lower ranked school having given up law review... I don't know about the ethics but why not accept law review and then if you get into Fordham, let them know you got a late transfer and you've decided to leave.

Anyway good luck, just make sure you're not putting all your eggs into one basket
I am transferring regardless. I didn't write on, but graded on. In hindsight, I should've done it to get experience for what will be upcoming (wherever I go). I hate anxiety, so I'd hate to keep one of my former classmates waiting to hear back from a journal they wanted. I have already accepted at another institution but don't mind losing the small deposit if I get into Fordham.

Lawman1865

Bronze

Post by Lawman1865 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:54 pm

impatientlywaiting5 wrote:
Lawman1865 wrote:

I have already accepted at another institution but don't mind losing the small deposit if I get into Fordham.

Understood. Congratulations on getting into the other school, best of luck with Fordham.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”