HLS Transfer 2019 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
janereacher

Bronze

Re: HLS Transfer 2019

Post by janereacher » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:57 am

Committed to YLS - good luck to those waiting!

relativehurry

New

Post by relativehurry » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Still hanging on -- was told I'd have an answer by the end of the week. Good luck to everyone in the same spot and here's hoping for good news as people withdraw and enroll elsewhere :)

MexiCabbage

New

Post by MexiCabbage » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:42 pm

relativehurry wrote:Still hanging on -- was told I'd have an answer by the end of the week. Good luck to everyone in the same spot and here's hoping for good news as people withdraw and enroll elsewhere :)
I withdrew so hopefully you get a spot!

DC2NY2x

New

Post by DC2NY2x » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:35 am

Does anyone know what the deposit deadlines were?

kangar00

New

Post by kangar00 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:38 am

DC2NY2x wrote:Does anyone know what the deposit deadlines were?
There’s no deposit, but the deadline to respond is today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DC2NY2x

New

Post by DC2NY2x » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 am

kangar00 wrote:
DC2NY2x wrote:Does anyone know what the deposit deadlines were?
There’s no deposit, but the deadline to respond is today.
Thanx bro

relativehurry

New

Post by relativehurry » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Got the call at 11:30. Miracles happen, y'all

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:33 pm

relativehurry wrote:Got the call at 11:30. Miracles happen, y'all
Congrats! Enjoy Cambridge! 8)

MexiCabbage

New

Post by MexiCabbage » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:40 pm

relativehurry wrote:Got the call at 11:30. Miracles happen, y'all
That's awesome!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

joltops

New

Post by joltops » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Welcome incoming 2Ls!

My name is Jess and I'm the JOLT Operations Editor for Volume 33. If you're interested in working on a journal this year, I'd love for you to consider joining the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology (JOLT)!

Why join JOLT?
[*] JOLT is the highest ranked technology law journal in the country.
[*] JOLT is not just for those with science backgrounds or interests in practicing IP law. JOLT publishes a wide array of topics ranging from cyberlaw, copyright, antitrust, privacy & security, biotech, telecommunications, energy, cybercrime, and much more.
[*] JOLT is a lot of fun! More than just a journal, JOLT is a community. We put on speaker events and career fairs, and host social activities ranging from happy hours to study breaks to house parties throughout the year.

There are many ways to get involved in JOLT. Please see below for more information on how to apply. If you have any questions about JOLT, please feel free to contact me at jolt.ops.editor@gmail.com

LINE EDITORS
If you have journal experience, you can apply to be a Line Editor. Line Editors manage a team of subciters and are in charge of technical and substantive edits for a section of an article or student note. Line Editing is a roughly 20 hour commitment per semester.

If interested, please email me at jolt.ops.editor@gmail.com ASAP and fill out the Line Editor application form by July 26, 11:59 PM. The application can be found here: https://forms.gle/7RKCy7gHn2cW3LCf9.

SUBCITERS
If you have no prior journal experience, you can sign up to be a Subciter. There is no application process for this role and recruiting will begin after classes start. Subciting is roughly a 5-10 hour time commitment, and those who subcite become eligible to apply for a Line Editor position the following semester.

DIGEST
JOLT Digest is the online companion to our journal. There are a number of ways to get involved in Digest, including writing and editing articles and student Comments. Sign-ups will begin in the early fall. Take a look at Digest here: http://jolt.law.harvard.edu/digest.

Regardless of whether you decide to apply, please feel free to use me as a resource as you begin your time at Harvard and reach out if you have any questions.

tls_toddy

New

Post by tls_toddy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm

jordani wrote:In via phone.

T2, 3.93, law school doesn't rank

So I hope you dont think I'm a stalker or anything but I was curious what some of the other gulc thread people decided. Congrats!!!! That's awesome.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”