Chances at NU / UC? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BigDonJewelio

New

Chances at NU / UC?

Post by BigDonJewelio » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi all -

Currently at a TTT (70s) in Chicago, applied to Northwestern and UChicago.

Stats: 3.84 GPA, Rank 6 (Top 3%), 2 CALI awards, Law Review, Fellowship.

Any idea on my chances at either school? Any advice on giving up a full scholarship to attend one of these schools.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Chances at NU / UC?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:23 am

Chances are pretty decent at at least 1 of the 2.

Whether transferring makes sense depends on your goals, obviously. You have a good play at Chicago biglaw in your current situation and not paying tuition is awesome.

BigDonJewelio

New

Re: Chances at NU / UC?

Post by BigDonJewelio » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:03 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:Chances are pretty decent at at least 1 of the 2.

Whether transferring makes sense depends on your goals, obviously. You have a good play at Chicago biglaw in your current situation and not paying tuition is awesome.
Goal is biglaw. Accepted to NU today, still waiting on UC - but I have to respond to NU by Monday. With the excitement I felt about NU acceptance I’m leaning towards paying sticker over staying where I’m at.

I feel like I will open more doors with the more prestigious degree

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”