Cornell Law Transfer 2019

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cornell Law Transfer 2019

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi all, starting this up. Admitted for conditional EA transfer program back in March. Anyone else apply to this? Anyone else also waiting for confirmation of final acceptance? Transferring to Cornell with the ability to now participate in OCI is definitely a significant plus.

jpd218

New

Re: Cornell Law Transfer 2019

Postby jpd218 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Anyone else apply? I applied June 26th, interview requested on the 27th and completed the interview on the 29th. No updates since and my status checker still says incomplete. Does anyone else's say the same thing?

jpd218

New

Postby jpd218 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:27 pm

Under review now for anyone who's following this thread.

OPJack

New

Postby OPJack » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Hey everyone, recently applied. American Unranked, Top 5% of class. Waiting game from here.

johndiam

New

Postby johndiam » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:42 pm

Called today and they updated my status to under review. Admissions said answers should be coming out this week. Top 5% at T3 school. The interview was terrible but let's see what happens.

omar1

Bronze

Postby omar1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:10 pm

johndiam wrote:Called today and they updated my status to under review. Admissions said answers should be coming out this week. Top 5% at T3 school. The interview was terrible but let's see what happens.

What do you mean by terrible?

Lawman1865

New

Postby Lawman1865 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Transferring to Cornell with the ability to now participate in OCI is definitely a significant plus.

Is this a new policy? From what I understand they've allowed transfers to participate in OCI for a while now, but only the very early admits, otherwise they cut you off and it's basically mass-mailing and an "on your own" thing (I see now you posted in early June, so this advice may be for the people who got in/applied later).

Before accepting at Cornell I would strongly suggest every be absolutely clear about your allowance into their OCI/AJF, maybe call the career office there. From what I understand they have already closed bidding a little while ago. While they may be getting a little better (I know they have a small secondary bidding period opening soon and have allowed transfers to visit the suites of the bigger firms), they are not nearly as helpful to transfers compared to some other T14 schools.

Return to “Transfers?