NYU Law Transfer Thread 2019 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
DC2NY2x

New

Re: NYU Law Transfer Thread 2019

Post by DC2NY2x » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 am

divingfish wrote:How long does it usually take from law school transcript being received to transcript checked on status checker? I sent my transcript and it was delivered three days ago but my statue checker still says it is missing. Should I call the admission officer or wait?
The admissions office said it can take 5-10 business days for them to update it in the system and for it to appear on the status checker

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:28 am

divingfish wrote:How long does it usually take from law school transcript being received to transcript checked on status checker? I sent my transcript and it was delivered three days ago but my statue checker still says it is missing. Should I call the admission officer or wait?
My experience was 7 - 10 days from receipt.

divingfish

New

Post by divingfish » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:52 am

DC2NY2x wrote:
The admissions office said it can take 5-10 business days for them to update it in the system and for it to appear on the status checker

Thanks! To those who may have the same question: I sent an email to the admissions office and 10 minutes later my transcript was checked.

kangar00

New

Post by kangar00 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:30 am

Submitted 6/16.
UR1 6/18.
UR2 6/24.
UR3 6/25.
Still missing college questionnaire! Strange.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:47 pm

kangar00 wrote:Submitted 6/16.
UR1 6/18.
UR2 6/24.
UR3 6/25.
Still missing college questionnaire! Strange.
Stats? I'm only UR2 as of 6/24.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:50 pm

Also, based off of previous years, we should see some UR date updates today and first batch of decisions tomorrow and Friday.

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Also, based off of previous years, we should see some UR date updates today and first batch of decisions tomorrow and Friday.
I agree we’ll be getting decisions either tomorrow or Friday, but I kind of doubt anyone will see a UR4 before then. Some people in UR2 might go to UR3 today though.

I also think there’s an optimistic take on people with a “UR1—break—UR2, UR3” pattern from my review of past years threads. But, as a general disclaimer, I am always wrong about everything—so take that all with a massive grain of salt.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:25 pm

MSUN5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Also, based off of previous years, we should see some UR date updates today and first batch of decisions tomorrow and Friday.
I agree we’ll be getting decisions either tomorrow or Friday, but I kind of doubt anyone will see a UR4 before then. Some people in UR2 might go to UR3 today though.

I also think there’s an optimistic take on people with a “UR1—break—UR2, UR3” pattern from my review of past years threads. But, as a general disclaimer, I am always wrong about everything—so take that all with a massive grain of salt.
I noticed a similar trend. Unfortunately though I have only been UR1 (6/10) and UR2 (6/24).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:01 am

Alright folks, hopefully we see something today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DC2NY2x

New

Post by DC2NY2x » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

I noticed a similar trend. Unfortunately though I have only been UR1 (6/10) and UR2 (6/24).
I called the admissions office a couple of weeks ago and what they told me could put a dent on your theory. If a bunch of qualified applicants from one school (because they want to select from a diverse range of schools) submit apps, it could go under review more.
What I gather from that is that if you're on the fence and your app is going UR3 or UR4. Also, checking previous years it seems people have gotten in after UR2, with no UR3.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:13 pm

DC2NY2x wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

I called the admissions office a couple of weeks ago and what they told me could put a dent on your theory. If a bunch of qualified applicants from one school (because they want to select from a diverse range of schools) submit apps, it could go under review more.
What I gather from that is that if you're on the fence and your app is going UR3 or UR4. Also, checking previous years it seems people have gotten in after UR2, with no UR3.
Ah, that makes sense. Here's hoping for some answers this afternoon. I have another deposit due next week but NYU is my first choice.

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:23 pm

All the theorizing based off UR updates is an essential part of the transfer experience. I’m glad we’ve had it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:09 pm

MSUN5 wrote:All the theorizing based off UR updates is an essential part of the transfer experience. I’m glad we’ve had it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

happysun

New

Post by happysun » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

DC2NY2x wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

Do you think people get dinged after UR2? Did those dinged candidates even go to UR2?

DC2NY2x

New

Post by DC2NY2x » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:21 pm

happysun wrote:
DC2NY2x wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

Do you think people get dinged after UR2? Did those dinged candidates even go to UR2?
So like i said, if its a close call you will likely go UR 3+ times. But like it would be because theyre comparing you to someone with similar stats, and making a close call. One of the applicants the admissions committee is deciding on in that close call is getting an acceptance, so I imagine that UR 3+ times does not necessarily mean you're dinged, but you aren't an emphatic "yes".

DC2NY2x

New

Post by DC2NY2x » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:23 pm

Any movement? Still UR1 (maybe 2, not sure) Since 6/24. App was complete 6/20

divingfish

New

Post by divingfish » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:26 pm

happysun wrote:
DC2NY2x wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

Yes. According to previous threads, people get dinged even after UR 3 or 4. So everything is possible. I am stuck at Ur 2 of 6.24. kinda get the feeling that I am gonna be dinged. :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Unsure of specifics, but I have an optimistic theory that if you go UR2 on a random day (i.e. 6/22), they have moved you into the admit pile and then they move on to review other candidates. Because they release decisions in waves, they then distribute all acceptances at a set date (i.e. today or tomorrow). This is merely speculation but could make sense.

kangar00

New

Post by kangar00 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Somehow still missing college questionnaire ):

xinaialice

New

Post by xinaialice » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Anyone got under review today?

DC2NY2x

New

Post by DC2NY2x » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:12 pm

divingfish wrote:
happysun wrote:
DC2NY2x wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

Yes. According to previous threads, people get dinged even after UR 3 or 4. So everything is possible. I am stuck at Ur 2 of 6.24. kinda get the feeling that I am gonna be dinged. :(
I mean yeah, as I said they make a decision on those in UR3 or 4 and some of them are gonna be dings, but some admits. But I (think) I am UR2 as of 6/24 a well. What are your stats?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kangar00

New

Post by kangar00 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Just called and asked if they will be making offers this week or next week, and they said it is highly possible!

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:35 pm

kangar00 wrote:Just called and asked if they will be making offers this week or next week, and they said it is highly possible!
I would bet a lot of money on the first wave of decisions coming out tomorrow. I thought we had a shot today but at this point I think we probably would've had a reported DLS.

You know, as absolutely terrible as this cycle has been for me decisions wise so far, my prediction game for when decisions are coming has been seriously on point. Lol.

Edit: btdubz, Kangar00, I wouldn't sweat the college questionnaire if you're already UR. I don't think a single school actually requires that to make a decision.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:37 pm

kangar00 wrote:Just called and asked if they will be making offers this week or next week, and they said it is highly possible!
Highly possible for this week or next week?

kangar00

New

Post by kangar00 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Highly possible for this week or next week?
She didn’t specify and I didn’t want to push it lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”