3.8 / top 8%. / great LOC / school rank 50-100 chances? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.8 / top 8%. / great LOC / school rank 50-100 chances?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:43 am

Chances at T14? Is Berkeley/NYU/Columbia out of the question?

Thank you in advance

CommonLawTort

New

Re: 3.8 / top 8%. / great LOC / school rank 50-100 chances?

Post by CommonLawTort » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 am

Columbia is in play. Very strong chances at Michigan

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:47 pm

CommonLawTort wrote:Columbia is in play. Very strong chances at Michigan

Hey, thanks for the reply. Seems like "great softs" i.e. LOR (not LOC--not sure wth i was thinking) are not worth much when it comes to transferring.

If anyone else has insights on NYU/Berk, would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks again!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:51 pm

Given Berk's deadline to submit apps is the 15, I decided to go ahead and apply. *cross fingers*. Still trying to see how I would stack up with Columbia and NYU.

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:Given Berk's deadline to submit apps is the 15, I decided to go ahead and apply. *cross fingers*. Still trying to see how I would stack up with Columbia and NYU.
I’m not positive from examining past threads whether NYU or Columbia do truly rolling admissions, i.e., whether their standards for admission heighten as the summer moves along and their classes fill up. However, there’s enough evidence suggesting that they might that I would much, much rather be a person who submits early than one who submits right at the deadline. I just can’t see what interest could possibly be served by deliberately waiting until then to submit. If you’re thinking about it, just apply.

Your numbers are competitive at both schools. How competitive they are is probably a function of whether that school ranking is closer to 50 or 100. As a point of reference, Columbia’s median transfer enrollee in 2018 was a student with a 3.8 GPA from a school ranked 37th. NYU’s was 3.57 from a school ranked 27th. However, both accepted a decent quantity of T2 students—with what appears to be a bit of a regional bias towards NYC-area schools. If that’s where your T2 is, that’s a point in your favor.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

transfertransfer21

New

Post by transfertransfer21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Given Berk's deadline to submit apps is the 15, I decided to go ahead and apply. *cross fingers*. Still trying to see how I would stack up with Columbia and NYU.
I definitely think it's worth a shot, they have taken people from Southwestern which is TTTT with similar stats

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”