GEORGETOWN LAW TRANSFER - will i get rescinded? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

GEORGETOWN LAW TRANSFER - will i get rescinded?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:10 pm

I just got 2 B- and 2 B+. I had a 3.71 last semester and now I'm down to a 3.48. I have one grade left and unless it's an A (in con law at best I can hope for a A-), I will have gotten below a 3.2, which is required for acceptance not to be reconsidered.

Any thoughts? HAS ANYONE'S OFFER EVER BEEN RESCINDED? What do I do? I'm depressed thinking my offer is going to be revoked.

Am I fucked for OCI even if I do get in?

joefresh

New

Re: GEORGETOWN LAW TRANSFER - will i get rescinded?

Post by joefresh » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:38 pm

It's probably not great that your gpa will dip bellow the bar they gave you.... but I'd be very surprised if they rescinded your offer. Maybe if you ended up with like a 2.8 or something. I wouldn't worry. Realistically nobody will notice, just pay your deposit.

This isn't the best thing for OCI but you'll just have to bid firms which aren't very grade sensitive (you should do this no matter what your gpa is, however, as all recruiters who are sensitive to grades probably won't respect any T2 grades, anyhow). Ask the g-town person assigned to you for OCI what the least grade sensitive firms are and bid exclusively those. If they like you, they'll take you. Don't be an idiot and insist on bidding prestigious firms because 99% of them will just be nice at the interview and then black-ball you because you're not a real g-town student in their eyes yet.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:02 pm

I'd consider deleting your post as law schools read these fora, GTown will know who you are and your post could bring attention to your situation/force their hand by making them look less selective (perception > reality for this whole industry).

Generally Gtown just wants your money, I wouldn't bring any attention to your grades beyond what you are required to do to enroll in classes. I strongly doubt they'll ask. If they ask after you submit your deposit, etc., you can address it.

Agree with the above poster that for OCI you should bid firms that arent grade sensitive (generally corporate firms with big classes in new york, career services can help you with this list, dont bid cravath obviously) and aim to be as friendly as possible without being weird - if they like you, they'll hire you.

Transfer2021

New

Post by Transfer2021 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Hey there,
Sorry to hear about this anxiety inducing situation. I have all my grades in and I was relieved to not be in your position. If I were in your shoes I would address it with the admissions office head on. I would not ignore it or pay a deposit in the hopes that the deposit will make the contingency go away. I would be prepared to share with them any variables that you believe may have led to the situation. That's my personal feeling, unrelated to anything. I totally understand if that if they rescind it's a horrible situation. I would not invest more into this however if for any reason they apply it strictly. They may be more forgiving, too, depending on what school you're coming from. My two cents. Please keep us posted and good luck.

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Transfer2021 wrote:Hey there,
Sorry to hear about this anxiety inducing situation. I have all my grades in and I was relieved to not be in your position. If I were in your shoes I would address it with the admissions office head on. I would not ignore it or pay a deposit in the hopes that the deposit will make the contingency go away. I would be prepared to share with them any variables that you believe may have led to the situation. That's my personal feeling, unrelated to anything. I totally understand if that if they rescind it's a horrible situation. I would not invest more into this however if for any reason they apply it strictly. They may be more forgiving, too, depending on what school you're coming from. My two cents. Please keep us posted and good luck.
I very much second this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Xfer45

New

Post by Xfer45 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 pm

Transfer2021 wrote:Hey there,
Haven't gone through this, but I think by submitting your final grades and paying the deposit, you're not ignoring it; you're doing what they asked. If it then gets esclated to another review, then just explain any mitigating factors. Either way, try to do your best not to worry too much.

A bit of unsolicited advice from a stranger, so make of it what you will.

tls_toddy

New

Post by tls_toddy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:52 am

I'm a little late to this but I'm wondering how your situation turned out? I can totally sympathize because I was stressing out about grades, too. Law school grades are so random. I lost sleep over my last final but somehow winded up with a slightly better GPA than last semester, but it could have very, very easily gone the other way.

pkatheri28

New

Post by pkatheri28 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:00 am

How did you situation turn out? I am in the same position currently.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”