Transfer Application Question Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
HamiltonBurr

New

Transfer Application Question

Post by HamiltonBurr » Thu May 16, 2019 7:09 pm

Do admissions officers have access to your 1L applications? For example, I disclosed expunged charges that I didn't have to disclose because I was given bad advice. Will they have access to those documents?

Transfer2021

New

Re: Transfer Application Question

Post by Transfer2021 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:23 pm

HamiltonBurr wrote:Do admissions officers have access to your 1L applications? For example, I disclosed expunged charges that I didn't have to disclose because I was given bad advice. Will they have access to those documents?
Did you apply to the same school last year? I think if it's a school where you applied last cycle, yes, they'll have your app. In fact, some schools say they won't take LORs used for 1L admission.

If you did not apply to that school, I don't think that they'd have any record from a different application.

If you are worried, and it's a school to which you applied last cycle, you might want to talk to them about retracting that document or qualifying it.

My law school was very clear that any potential C&F issues must be disclosed. I'd rather disclose and say for x, y, z reasons it was expunged. That stuff will come up on bar C&F stuff and so it's mainly to ensure you'll be able to sit for the bar, I think.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”