transfer chances? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
aibra1997

New

transfer chances?

Post by aibra1997 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Ill be attending suffolk in the fall, and my dream is to go to harvard. I know its almost impossible, but i wanna know what could make my chances as high as possible... or should i just focus on BU/BC to transfer and look into harvard for an LLM.

cavalier1138

Re: transfer chances?

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:24 pm

You should not matriculate to a school you wouldn't be happy graduating from. The only thing you can do to increase your transfer chances is ace 1L, and you can't guarantee you'll do that. So don't go to Suffolk, because it's clearly not where you want to go (and because it has godawful employment outcomes that could leave you crippled with debt and no realistic way of paying it off).

QContinuum

Re: transfer chances?

Post by QContinuum » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You should not matriculate to a school you wouldn't be happy graduating from. The only thing you can do to increase your transfer chances is ace 1L, and you can't guarantee you'll do that. So don't go to Suffolk, because it's clearly not where you want to go (and because it has godawful employment outcomes that could leave you crippled with debt and no realistic way of paying it off).
Agree with cav. Don't go to Suffolk. There is no remote guarantee you'll do well enough to transfer to BU/BC, let alone Harvard.

What are your goals out of law school, OP? From your initial post it sounds like your only goal is a Harvard degree. If a Harvard degree is what you're after, there are many cheaper/easier ways of doing so, e.g., a Master's program in your discipline of choice, which will likely take only 1 year and cost orders of magnitude less than a J.D.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”