GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 am

Guys, this week is going to be hard.

RentAIC

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby RentAIC » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:55 pm

MSUN5 wrote:Guys, this week is going to be hard.


My wife laughed at me when she finally figured out why I've been checking the mail so religiously.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:31 am

RentAIC wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:Guys, this week is going to be hard.


My wife laughed at me when she finally figured out why I've been checking the mail so religiously.


Haha, right there with you, man. Of course, you can always sign up for USPS informed delivery to (a) save yourself the trip, and (b) know what's in your mail like three hours early.

RentAIC

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby RentAIC » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:28 pm

MSUN5 wrote:
RentAIC wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:Guys, this week is going to be hard.


My wife laughed at me when she finally figured out why I've been checking the mail so religiously.


Haha, right there with you, man. Of course, you can always sign up for USPS informed delivery to (a) save yourself the trip, and (b) know what's in your mail like three hours early.


I had that for a while...I get so much junk mail the notifications just got annoying.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:20 pm

tls_toddy wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:
tls_toddy wrote:
Toddy, my friend, it looks like you and I are working with equal levels of neuroticism. I also obsessively ran through all the past years trying to project admissions decisions based off tha address changes. As you have so brilliantly demonstrated, I think our closest analogue is 2014. Which would put us at letters ~ late next week, probably April 10

In addition to what you laid out, I have two points of interest: (a) there were no tracker updates (e.g. date changes) after addresses were changed last year, so maybe don’t expect any movement until letters; (b) never listen to anything the admissions office says—they’ll always give themselves as much room as possible. Haha.


Lol I literally had April 10 in the back of my mind!!! Glad to see someone else is just as crazy as me. Good observation on (a). Won't stop me from checking everyday though.


Welp, we were wrong.

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:31 pm

MSUN5 wrote:
tls_toddy wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:
tls_toddy wrote:
Toddy, my friend, it looks like you and I are working with equal levels of neuroticism. I also obsessively ran through all the past years trying to project admissions decisions based off tha address changes. As you have so brilliantly demonstrated, I think our closest analogue is 2014. Which would put us at letters ~ late next week, probably April 10

In addition to what you laid out, I have two points of interest: (a) there were no tracker updates (e.g. date changes) after addresses were changed last year, so maybe don’t expect any movement until letters; (b) never listen to anything the admissions office says—they’ll always give themselves as much room as possible. Haha.


Lol I literally had April 10 in the back of my mind!!! Glad to see someone else is just as crazy as me. Good observation on (a). Won't stop me from checking everyday though.


Welp, we were wrong.


The day's not over!! But yeah I guess we were wrong. I'm tempted to make another prediction, but I don't want to jinx anything.

RentAIC

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby RentAIC » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Nothing on my end either.

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:33 am

RentAIC wrote:Nothing on my end either.


I don't think today is the day either. Three mailpieces in my usps tracker and none from GULC. Unless of course a ding is coming my way via email later.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am

tls_toddy wrote:
RentAIC wrote:Nothing on my end either.


I don't think today is the day either. Three mailpieces in my usps tracker and none from GULC. Unless of course a ding is coming my way via email later.


Nothing here, either. If we ding, we ding together.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 am

Looks like nothing on my end today.

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:30 am

MSUN5 wrote:Looks like nothing on my end today.


Same. Maybe they will mail it out this morning and it will show up tomorrow? Otherwise long weekend ahead.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:38 am

tls_toddy wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:Looks like nothing on my end today.


Same. Maybe they will mail it out this morning and it will show up tomorrow? Otherwise long weekend ahead.


Hopefully? Maybe some over-eager admin in Georgetown's admissions office changed our addresses like three weeks ahead of schedule and we won't hear anything until like April 30. If so, Georgetown, if you read these forums: fire that admin. Haha.

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:48 am

MSUN5 wrote:
tls_toddy wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:Looks like nothing on my end today.


Same. Maybe they will mail it out this morning and it will show up tomorrow? Otherwise long weekend ahead.


Hopefully? Maybe some over-eager admin in Georgetown's admissions office changed our addresses like three weeks ahead of schedule and we won't hear anything until like April 30. If so, Georgetown, if you read these forums: fire that admin. Haha.


Lol. I hope it was the case that they were overeager as opposed to letting things slip through the cracks. I have to admit though back when I first started working in more of an admin role my least favorite thing was sending out snail mail. Printing out the labels, weighing the envelopes, messing with packaging tape, depositing them in the mailbox, recording it in our mail log...I loved it when clients told us to just email them stuff instead. I could totally see them having the letters ready to go but the admin waiting until the last minute to deal with it all. EDIT: Forgot to add...folding the letter perfectly into thirds to fit in the envelope.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 am

tls_toddy wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:
tls_toddy wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:Looks like nothing on my end today.


Same. Maybe they will mail it out this morning and it will show up tomorrow? Otherwise long weekend ahead.


Hopefully? Maybe some over-eager admin in Georgetown's admissions office changed our addresses like three weeks ahead of schedule and we won't hear anything until like April 30. If so, Georgetown, if you read these forums: fire that admin. Haha.


Lol. I hope it was the case that they were overeager as opposed to letting things slip through the cracks. I have to admit though back when I first started working in more of an admin role my least favorite thing was sending out snail mail. Printing out the labels, weighing the envelopes, messing with packaging tape, depositing them in the mailbox, recording it in our mail log...I loved it when clients told us to just email them stuff instead. I could totally see them having the letters ready to go but the admin waiting until the last minute to deal with it all. EDIT: Forgot to add...folding the letter perfectly into thirds to fit in the envelope.


Oof. Just reading you describe that process made me want to find the closest bridge to jump off.

jordani

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby jordani » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:41 pm

2(ish) weeks left to go!

Is anyone applying anywhere else?

duke1932452

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby duke1932452 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:06 pm

3.6 from T3 neighbor school. Application completed. Anxiously waiting a decision. I am only applying to Gtown and GW because I want to stay in D.C.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:21 am

jordani wrote:2(ish) weeks left to go!

Is anyone applying anywhere else?


Hopefully we get news before then! In the meantime, nothing in my informed delivery for today either.

Re other schools: in all likelihood yes but it's obviously hard to say before 2nd Semester grades come through what other schools might be in play. How about everyone else?

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:43 am

MSUN5 wrote:
jordani wrote:2(ish) weeks left to go!

Is anyone applying anywhere else?


Hopefully we get news before then! In the meantime, nothing in my informed delivery for today either.

Re other schools: in all likelihood yes but it's obviously hard to say before 2nd Semester grades come through what other schools might be in play. How about everyone else?


I've got nothing today. I feel slightly bamboozled now by the status checker changes a couple of weeks ago.

I only applied to GULC - it just makes the most sense for my situation for part-time. If I end up doing as well in second semester as I did first semester though, I'll be feeling a certain type of way knowing I'm ineligible to even apply to some schools in the T6 that require a full-time year's worth of credits to transfer. Perhaps if I don't get into GULC but continue to do well, I'll see if maybe I can apply to a T6 after racking up credits this summer and 2L fall since those schools may be worth quitting my job for.

RentAIC

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby RentAIC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Just GULC so far. Maybe NYU if I can maintain or raise my GPA this semester, since from looking at their 509 I'm actually above median for transfers. I guess GULC is so high because of EA applicants.

Honestly UVA or Penn would be ideal but it seems they aren't too interested in transfer students.

hdshap

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:27 am

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby hdshap » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Do we know if apt to apartment change has any correlation to being accepted or not? Or is it just a sign (maybe) that a decision is coming soon? (apologies, I probably could have stalked previous years' info, but some folks seem to have already done all that--so I thought I would ask!)

Also I have a 3.78 from a T4, top 5% at least (we don't do rankings until after first year, so I am basing this of last year's data). Interning with a federal judge this summer and have 4 years of professional experience in DC. Fingers and toes crossed.

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am

hdshap wrote:Do we know if apt to apartment change has any correlation to being accepted or not? Or is it just a sign (maybe) that a decision is coming soon? (apologies, I probably could have stalked previous years' info, but some folks seem to have already done all that--so I thought I would ask!)

Also I have a 3.78 from a T4, top 5% at least (we don't do rankings until after first year, so I am basing this of last year's data). Interning with a federal judge this summer and have 4 years of professional experience in DC. Fingers and toes crossed.


My sense is that on a year to year basis there's no real way to distinguish the signal from the noise re acceptances from Apt. --> Apartment change info. However, it has been a pretty accurate predictor of decisions coming in the next 7-10 business days. Of course, we all got changes on April 1, and here we sit 12 business days later without a peep. I think you could either read this as meaning decisions are imminent or that GULC is operating on a very different schedule this year, and that past years may no longer be great indicators. Over the past few days I've gravitated to the second position.

However, you should know that above all things I am always wrong. So take this all with a rather large grain of salt.

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 am

I'm going to go out on a limb and agree/speculate that the operating schedule is different. They fixed the "backdoor" glitch and apparently incoming 1L applicants on the WL all got a "we have faith in you" video yesterday. Something tells me the admissions office has a lot going on (yesterday was deposit deadline day) so I'm basically prepared to not hear anything for a while.

Typically the address change correlates with a mailing - since gulc generally emails rejections and mails acceptances, the address change could be an indicator of acceptance. However, I know in at least one year deferred applicants also had the address change, as I think deferral was both mailed and emailed (or at least intended to be mailed?).

MSUN5

Bronze
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby MSUN5 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:33 am

tls_toddy wrote:I'm going to go out on a limb and agree/speculate that the operating schedule is different. They fixed the "backdoor" glitch and apparently incoming 1L applicants on the WL all got a "we have faith in you" video yesterday. Something tells me the admissions office has a lot going on (yesterday was deposit deadline day) so I'm basically prepared to not hear anything for a while.

Typically the address change correlates with a mailing - since gulc generally emails rejections and mails acceptances, the address change could be an indicator of acceptance. However, I know in at least one year deferred applicants also had the address change, as I think deferral was both mailed and emailed (or at least intended to be mailed?).


I, for one, am a bit miffed us transfer applicants don't get a "we have faith in you" video.

bobbarqer

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby bobbarqer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:39 pm

I've been following yr guy's back and forth chat for a week now, checking it almost as often as I check my application status lol.

Do you guys know if rejections have been mailed out to any applicants who applied after taking the last LSAT?

tls_toddy

New
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Postby tls_toddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:57 pm

bobbarqer wrote:I've been following yr guy's back and forth chat for a week now, checking it almost as often as I check my application status lol.

Do you guys know if rejections have been mailed out to any applicants who applied after taking the last LSAT?



You mean regular applicants? I have no idea but I do know they just WL a bunch of people and made a bunch of decisions yesterday. My hunch is that, once they know for sure who is accepting/depositing, those on wl or otherwise in limbo will hear.

If you're talking about transfer apps none of us here have heard back and lsat isnt that relevant.



Return to “Transfers?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.