GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
dizzydog

New

Re: GULC EA/RD Transfer 2019

Post by dizzydog » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:27 pm

happysun wrote:
dizzydog wrote:What is the status change that you guys are referring to? Does this apply to only people who applied to both part time and full time programs? Or is it a "good" thing if the status report says a program at all?
I think the post from previous years mentioned the address change, for example, if you wrote “ave. Apt.” And later it changes to Avenue, apartment, it means you will receive a decision soon! It happens to me today.
Mine says "Street" but the application I submitted also said "Street" . . . :(

Neilbpt

New

Post by Neilbpt » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:17 pm

I got in today through email. It was a really quick turn around for me. I applied at the deadline. My numbers weren’t great, but I have career experience. 3.54/22%/ASU. Looking for roommates

happysun

New

Post by happysun » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:23 pm

Ms. Owl wrote:Received an email of acceptance 2 hours ago!
3.8 (top 8%), T50-80. Good luck everyone!
Are you applying to somewhere else? Will you submit a deposit at GULC or will you ask for an extension?

Sarkhan

New

Post by Sarkhan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Accepted Thursday via email. Still have apps out at HCCNP with an interview set up at Penn. Anybody in a similar situation have thoughts on how to proceed?

Ms. Owl

New

Post by Ms. Owl » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:38 pm

happysun wrote:
Are you applying to somewhere else? Will you submit a deposit at GULC or will you ask for an extension?
I am applying to other schools (applied mid-June for all)s, and have not heard back. I probably will submit a deposit at GULC. There is a possibility for an extension?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

happysun

New

Post by happysun » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:46 am

Ms. Owl wrote:
happysun wrote:
I am applying to other schools (applied mid-June for all)s, and have not heard back. I probably will submit a deposit at GULC. There is a possibility for an extension?
Maybe, I heard one asked for an extension last year.

Xferburner

New

Post by Xferburner » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:25 pm

long time lurker here... just made an account to post stats.
Admitted today. top 10% T-100 DC-area school. Good work experience before school. Top internship this summer.
I applied to both full and part time. Status checker is changed to full time.

of2273

New

Post by of2273 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Has anyone who was deferred from EA heard back yet

alexancs1

New

Post by alexancs1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 pm

I was deferred and did not hear back yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dizzydog

New

Post by dizzydog » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:32 pm

Love you guys but super happy to say I sincerely hope I never stare at these admissions threads looking for gems of wisdom ever, ever again. Been on the hook for far too long.

Admitted today. Stats: Top 15-20% at a DC area law school, Law Review, Moot Court. Prior work experience. Masters Degree. Other really strong "softs" as they say.

Looks like my deposit is due early next week.

Best of luck to all of you. Try not to let it get you down. I know the pain. Remember: You are the master of your fate!

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:48 pm

dizzydog wrote:Love you guys but super happy to say I sincerely hope I never stare at these admissions threads looking for gems of wisdom ever, ever again. Been on the hook for far too long.

Admitted today. Stats: Top 15-20% at a DC area law school, Law Review, Moot Court. Prior work experience. Masters Degree. Other really strong "softs" as they say.

Looks like my deposit is due early next week.

Best of luck to all of you. Try not to let it get you down. I know the pain. Remember: You are the master of your fate!
Ladies and Gentleman: that is how you end your watch with class.

Congrats dizzy!

alexancs1

New

Post by alexancs1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:51 am

Who else accepted a spot on the waitlist?

ChiaOut

New

Post by ChiaOut » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:03 am

RD, Waitlist. I plan on withdrawing. Good luck, everyone!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alexancs1

New

Post by alexancs1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:05 am

What does 'RD' stand for?

duke1932452

New

Post by duke1932452 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:45 pm

I accepted a spot on the waitlist. I have another question for everyone. I got into GW law and waitlisted at GULC. If I accept financial aid from GW and get into GULC later can I transfer that financial aid?

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:14 pm

alexancs1 wrote:What does 'RD' stand for?
RD stands for "Regular Decision," as opposed to early decision (which only considers first-semester grades).

<3waitlists

New

Post by <3waitlists » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 pm

rising 3L transfer here happy to answer questions about OCI and the journal competition

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:05 am

<3waitlists wrote:rising 3L transfer here happy to answer questions about OCI and the journal competition
Right about to take an extended holiday weekend from my internship to participate in write-on. I’ve got three write-on related questions for you that I haven’t gotten solid answers on yet from anyone:

1.) Any advice about ranking journal preferences? I.e. do any transfers ever really land GLJ?
2.) What’s the likelihood of placing on a journal as a transfer?
3.) Did transfers get their journal results before OCI last year?

Thanks!

duke1932452

New

Post by duke1932452 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:30 pm

I was Waitlisted. How many people from the Waitlist get in and when would we know by ish

Jem91

New

Post by Jem91 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:42 pm

I was waitlisted too. Looking for answers to how likely it is that I will get in considering I have other schools that I've been admitted to. As expected, I wasn't able to get any helpful information when I tried calling. I'm sure they're not able to say much as to waitlist inquiries

Does anyone know if there is a "Preferred waitlist" or priority waitlist. I've noticed from other threads that GULC used them but figured that may just be for 1L admissions.

<3waitlists

New

Post by <3waitlists » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:32 am

MSUN5 wrote:
<3waitlists wrote:rising 3L transfer here happy to answer questions about OCI and the journal competition
Right about to take an extended holiday weekend from my internship to participate in write-on. I’ve got three write-on related questions for you that I haven’t gotten solid answers on yet from anyone:

1.) Any advice about ranking journal preferences? I.e. do any transfers ever really land GLJ?

Thanks!
1. There are spots reserved on each journal, including main journal, for transfers. I believe the number for GLJ is 3-5 this year. If you're gunning for main journal (which you should) then def rank it first. FWIW, the American Criminal Law Review is generally considered the next most prestigious journal at GULC.

2. On a journal? Very high, like 95%, so long as you rank appropriately (e.g., don't just rank GLJ and ACLR).

3. We got them after we put our bids in but before the first day of EIW (now called OCI). I recall printing an updated resume and handing it to interviewers. Frankly, it was a nice way to start off on positive footing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MSUN5

Bronze

Post by MSUN5 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:24 am

<3waitlists wrote:
MSUN5 wrote:

Thanks!
1. There are spots reserved on each journal, including main journal, for transfers. I believe the number for GLJ is 3-5 this year. If you're gunning for main journal (which you should) then def rank it first. FWIW, the American Criminal Law Review is generally considered the next most prestigious journal at GULC.

2. On a journal? Very high, like 95%, so long as you rank appropriately (e.g., don't just rank GLJ and ACLR).

3. We got them after we put our bids in but before the first day of EIW (now called OCI). I recall printing an updated resume and handing it to interviewers. Frankly, it was a nice way to start off on positive footing.
Awesome! Thanks for your help!

RentAIC

New

Post by RentAIC » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:29 am

Good to know! I'm only really interested in 3-4, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

I'm glad you found out before OCI. I did get a write-on offer from my old school's law review (felt a bit weird turning it down since I haven't actually publicly announced my transfer yet), so I just put that on my resume in the meantime. Hopefully that's good enough for the firms that want a journal as hiring criteria to be willing to speak to me.

happysun

New

Post by happysun » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:49 pm

duke1932452 wrote:I was Waitlisted. How many people from the Waitlist get in and when would we know by ish
I have a friend got admitted out of the WL last year in the end of July.

alexancs1

New

Post by alexancs1 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:15 pm

@Happy Sun Do you remember if your friend took any proactive measures while on the WL? I.E. sending in more recs from professors

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”